Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Help with disputes +rep

  1. #1
    Moderator





    Bettser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    26
    Posts
    5,870
    Thanks
    1,699
    Thanked 3,498 Times in 1,601 Posts


    Downloads
    41
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1387 Post(s)
    Time Online
    352 d 10 h 30 m
    Avg. Time Online
    4 h 28 m
    Rep Power
    10

    Help with disputes +rep

    Got CB'D 290$ today when I woke up yay. And no it wasn't by Rover/Airboom. It was Zombski on another forum (the one where Runescape is a large part). Anyways, they bought two things from me and got themself frozen for being stupid. They asked for refund, and I said no so they CB'd me. They went to their bank, and now it says bank returns as unauthorized payments. Im just wondering if anyone has some advice. I have no problem calling them, and I have their address.

    aimeezombski@hotmail.com is their email

    +rep for useful help

  2. #2


    Banannie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Location
    Resident Heather Mooney
    Posts
    1,367
    Thanks
    2,633
    Thanked 1,601 Times in 752 Posts


    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Time Online
    40 d 7 h 21 m
    Avg. Time Online
    39 m
    Rep Power
    7
    If you have all the information about the transaction, including messages, then I would go to your bank and ask them for advice as well as call up their bank and explain the situation. You have proof that they bought goods from you, so it was not an unauthorized charge and they are therefore being dishonest with their bank and stealing money from you. So get together all the evidence you can and present it to both banks.

    I don't think contacting this person would be helpful in getting your money back at this point. I think that would be wise to deal only with the banks, they're going to be the most help in giving you the advice you need and, of course, getting your money back.

    Getting frozen is a risk that people take when they buy online goods, and if people can't respect the sellers who provide the services, then they need to play legit and stop wasting their own money. You would think people would understand that, and especially with the amount of money that particular person spent, one would assume that they would go through the extra lengths to keep their assets safe.

    Good luck! Sorry people are such douches. :/

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Banannie For This Useful Post:

    Bettser (01-23-2014)

  4. #3
    Trinket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    662
    Thanks
    699
    Thanked 777 Times in 309 Posts


    Downloads
    8
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Time Online
    11 d 17 h 36 m
    Avg. Time Online
    8 m
    Rep Power
    9
    Ugh, I'm sorry that happened x_x I hope it all works out.

    As Banannie said, you have proof of purchases which should help significantly -- but that aside, the key right now is primarily how you word your dispute. I can offer a hand if need be, as a last resort, because I'm no expert. xD

    I've checked the other forum to see if the address/username is registered at all, but it looks like they haven't reached us yet. Thank you for the heads up, I'll keep an eye out <3

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trinket For This Useful Post:

    Bettser (01-23-2014)

  6. #4
    Moderator





    Bettser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    26
    Posts
    5,870
    Thanks
    1,699
    Thanked 3,498 Times in 1,601 Posts


    Downloads
    41
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1387 Post(s)
    Time Online
    352 d 10 h 30 m
    Avg. Time Online
    4 h 28 m
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Banannie View Post
    If you have all the information about the transaction, including messages, then I would go to your bank and ask them for advice as well as call up their bank and explain the situation. You have proof that they bought goods from you, so it was not an unauthorized charge and they are therefore being dishonest with their bank and stealing money from you. So get together all the evidence you can and present it to both banks.

    I don't think contacting this person would be helpful in getting your money back at this point. I think that would be wise to deal only with the banks, they're going to be the most help in giving you the advice you need and, of course, getting your money back.

    Getting frozen is a risk that people take when they buy online goods, and if people can't respect the sellers who provide the services, then they need to play legit and stop wasting their own money. You would think people would understand that, and especially with the amount of money that particular person spent, one would assume that they would go through the extra lengths to keep their assets safe.

    Good luck! Sorry people are such douches. :/
    How do I figure out their bank? And my bank isnt really involved, I have enough to cover the losses.
    @Trinket, thanks Ill probably hit you up for some help

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bettser For This Useful Post:

    Trinket (01-23-2014)

  8. #5


    Banannie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Location
    Resident Heather Mooney
    Posts
    1,367
    Thanks
    2,633
    Thanked 1,601 Times in 752 Posts


    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Time Online
    40 d 7 h 21 m
    Avg. Time Online
    39 m
    Rep Power
    7
    I'm reading up on CB disputes atm to see if I can find any info on ones particularly for 'online services' or 'online goods', to see how people in similar situations have delt with this sort of thing, but I'm noticing that banks tend to side less with the merchant than the buyer.

    https://stripe.com/help/disputes

    http://usa.visa.com/merchants/operat...te_resolution/

  9. #6
    Trinket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    662
    Thanks
    699
    Thanked 777 Times in 309 Posts


    Downloads
    8
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Time Online
    11 d 17 h 36 m
    Avg. Time Online
    8 m
    Rep Power
    9
    I'll be around most of today so drop me a message pretty sure I added you on my new skype, right? If not, it's trinky.dink <3

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Trinket For This Useful Post:

    Bettser (01-23-2014)

  11. #7


    Banannie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Location
    Resident Heather Mooney
    Posts
    1,367
    Thanks
    2,633
    Thanked 1,601 Times in 752 Posts


    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Time Online
    40 d 7 h 21 m
    Avg. Time Online
    39 m
    Rep Power
    7
    https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mp...argeback-guide

    What to do if you receive a chargeback:
    1.Log in to your PayPal account.
    2.Go to the Resolution Center.
    3.Respond to the chargeback notice or (check on the status of an existing one).
    4.Provide PayPal with the information relating to the chargeback, including all transaction records (such as proof of shipment).
    5.The PayPal chargeback specialist will then dispute the chargeback on your behalf and try to recover your funds from the buyer's credit card company.
    6.If the credit card company decides in your favor, the buyer will be charged for the transaction and you'll get your money back.
    7.If the decision is in favor of the buyer, the transaction will be cancelled and the buyer will receive a full refund.

    It's PayPal's mission to help you resolve the dispute as quickly and painlessly as possible, but the process can be lengthy, so you'll need to be patient. It typically takes 30 days for PayPal to dispute the chargeback, and it may take your buyer's credit card company up to 75 days to resolve a chargeback and come to a final decision.

    ---

    So I would gather all of the information that you have about the transaction, if this was via paypal, also as Trinket mentioned how you word it is going to be key.

  12. #8
    Moderator





    Bettser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    26
    Posts
    5,870
    Thanks
    1,699
    Thanked 3,498 Times in 1,601 Posts


    Downloads
    41
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1387 Post(s)
    Time Online
    352 d 10 h 30 m
    Avg. Time Online
    4 h 28 m
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Banannie View Post
    https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mp...argeback-guide

    What to do if you receive a chargeback:
    1.Log in to your PayPal account.
    2.Go to the Resolution Center.
    3.Respond to the chargeback notice or (check on the status of an existing one).
    4.Provide PayPal with the information relating to the chargeback, including all transaction records (such as proof of shipment).
    5.The PayPal chargeback specialist will then dispute the chargeback on your behalf and try to recover your funds from the buyer's credit card company.
    6.If the credit card company decides in your favor, the buyer will be charged for the transaction and you'll get your money back.
    7.If the decision is in favor of the buyer, the transaction will be cancelled and the buyer will receive a full refund.

    It's PayPal's mission to help you resolve the dispute as quickly and painlessly as possible, but the process can be lengthy, so you'll need to be patient. It typically takes 30 days for PayPal to dispute the chargeback, and it may take your buyer's credit card company up to 75 days to resolve a chargeback and come to a final decision.

    ---

    So I would gather all of the information that you have about the transaction, if this was via paypal, also as Trinket mentioned how you word it is going to be key.
    See, there arises a problem. This is virtual goods so Idk what Im going to have to do. Im grabbing the IP of the buyer on the site, and I have their Paypal address. Im thinking those might be enough proof if the IP matches.

  13. #9


    Banannie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Location
    Resident Heather Mooney
    Posts
    1,367
    Thanks
    2,633
    Thanked 1,601 Times in 752 Posts


    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Time Online
    40 d 7 h 21 m
    Avg. Time Online
    39 m
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettser View Post
    See, there arises a problem. This is virtual goods so Idk what Im going to have to do. Im grabbing the IP of the buyer on the site, and I have their Paypal address. Im thinking those might be enough proof if the IP matches.
    Hmmn, let me think on that. I've only gone through this process once and it was for a tangible item that was damaged when received, so I had evidence that I was able to provide. I guess the first step would be writing out what you will have to explain and how to prove it, so some of those things will be:

    1. Because the items sold are illigit (assuming) virtual goods, I would perhaps word your dispute using terms like 'virtual currency or 'virtual goods'.

    2. Did you give them instructions on how to secure their items/ do you have proof that they themselves caused their stuff to get frozen. Having that will be helpful.

    3. If you end up having to explain to paypal that you are providing a service for illegit items, try to let them know that the people buying the items are all subject to the same risks involved, and that what happens to the items once they leave your hands is out of your control. It's like if you buy a puppy from a breeder and don't feed it, the dog'll die, but you can't blame the breeder, it's up to you to take care of your stuff.

    Try to think of answers to any questions that might arise when dealing with this sort of thing, and how to explain to them that the goods you are offering require the buyer to adhere to a set of "aftercare" rules, which the buyer did not follow.

  14. #10
    Moderator





    Bettser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    26
    Posts
    5,870
    Thanks
    1,699
    Thanked 3,498 Times in 1,601 Posts


    Downloads
    41
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1387 Post(s)
    Time Online
    352 d 10 h 30 m
    Avg. Time Online
    4 h 28 m
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Banannie View Post
    Hmmn, let me think on that. I've only gone through this process once and it was for a tangible item that was damaged when received, so I had evidence that I was able to provide. I guess the first step would be writing out what you will have to explain and how to prove it, so some of those things will be:

    1. Because the items sold are illigit (assuming) virtual goods, I would perhaps word your dispute using terms like 'virtual currency or 'virtual goods'.

    2. Did you give them instructions on how to secure their items/ do you have proof that they themselves caused their stuff to get frozen. Having that will be helpful.

    3. If you end up having to explain to paypal that you are providing a service for illegit items, try to let them know that the people buying the items are all subject to the same risks involved, and that what happens to the items once they leave your hands is out of your control. It's like if you buy a puppy from a breeder and don't feed it, the dog'll die, but you can't blame the breeder, it's up to you to take care of your stuff.

    Try to think of answers to any questions that might arise when dealing with this sort of thing, and how to explain to them that the goods you are offering require the buyer to adhere to a set of "aftercare" rules, which the buyer did not follow.
    1. I believe mentioning it as virtual goods causing it to go into the buyers favour.

    2. I gave them full instructions on how to secure and such, they got chain iced so my guess is they did something dumb or were cheating elsewhere also.

    3. Again, I believe Paypal doesnt deal with "virtual goods" or something. Ill try to word some of that in though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •