18/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    40d 9h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m

VPN/Proxy/Safety Help Please!

Hello everyone! I've recently gotten back into Neopets and I want to start using some sort of safety on my accounts. I have logged into my Main and my Side account from my Home IP address. This address has never been used on Neopets before, since it's a brand new home with a brand new Internet Plan. I have a few questions to ask:

Is it bad that I have logged into my Main and Side from my home address?
    I've logged into my Side only ONCE, can the IP attached to that account be changed?
    What is a VPN and how will it protect my accounts?
    If I was to Autobuy and such on a different account, should I use a Proxy?
    What other precautions should I take?
    Is it OK to AoB on my Main?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    9d 5h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    1. If you are flouting the Neopet rules, yes it does matter. If you cheat on one and don't cheat on the other but use the same IP, TNT could ban both.
    2. Your IP could potentially change if you have a dynamic one, but the IP address logged might not. Also, keep in mind that even if your IP address changes, the relative location/IP range could stay roughly the same. You need to check with your ISP (Internet Service Provider) to find out if you have a dynamic IP address. They should usually state this on your website. You can also check like: (you need an account to see links)
    3. (you need an account to see links) Should let you hide your IP. Should also be more reliable than proxies.
    4. From what I've read, yes or a VPN. From what I've read, TNT only log the IP upon login. I'm not sure how you could login with a proxy and bot without it, however. Though in my case, being a very long distance from NP's servers, a crappy true buy time means that ABing with a proxy is practically impossible (Plus, I don't care. I AB on my main and my main doesn't have anything worth considering anyway)
    5. Proxy or VPN
    6. That's up to you.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mt5o5bd For This Useful Post:

Brittney (01-23-2014),xb1nh0 (01-24-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    40d 9h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Thank you heaps, you helped a ton.