Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    2d 20h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Question Curious about account pricing

So let's say I was to finally decide to give Neopets up and sell my accounts (main and sides). I know being legit (I always have been) is a plus, but would being slightly well-known be a welcome thing or a detractor in terms of pricing (or would it not matter at all)?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    10d 6h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananke View Post
    So let's say I was to finally decide to give Neopets up and sell my accounts (main and sides). I know being legit (I always have been) is a plus, but would being slightly well-known be a welcome thing or a detractor in terms of pricing (or would it not matter at all)?
    I suppose it just depends on the situation and the particular buyer. There are times when a buyer might be looking for a somewhat well known account with a little bit of history, as it is easiest to transfer bigger items to the well known account and then sell off those items this way. You won't be constantly heckled/annoyed (as much) by questions asking you where you obtained said 100m NP item.

The issue with having a semi well known account though, is that if the buyer wants to start fresh and is looking for a nice account to buy so they can make it their own, yours might not be the best choice. It causes a lot of red flags if your friends notice even the slightest off things about the account or the way the new buyer is acting. They'd have to flawlessly take over the old persona, so to say. It's risky, but there's been times where I've wanted somewhat well known accounts.

In my opinion, it can detract from the price of an account, but it's so situational.
    Last edited by Marvel; 01-22-2014 at 01:36 AM.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Marvel For This Useful Post:

Ananke (01-23-2014),Brett (01-22-2014),Corliss (01-22-2014),Gemma (01-23-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    44 times
    Time Online
    9d 5h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
    I suppose it just depends on the situation and the particular buyer. There are times when a buyer might be looking for a somewhat well known account with a little bit of history, as it is easiest to transfer bigger items to the well known account and then sell off those items items this way. You won't be constantly heckled/annoyed (as much) by questions asking you were you obtained said 100m NP item.

The issue with having a semi well known account though, is that if the buyer wants to start fresh, and is looking for a nice account to buy so they can make it their own, yours might not be the best choice. It causes a lot of red flags if your friends notice even the slightest off things about the account or the way the new buyer is acting. They'd have to flawlessly take over the old persona, so to say. It's risky, but there's been times where I've wanted somewhat well known accounts.

In my opinion, it can detract from the price of an account, but it's so situational.

I like this guy.

More or less hit the nail on the head here.

tldr; It's either the perfect fit for somebody and they'll shell out a lot of money for it, or, absolutely will want nothing to do with a account that's anything close to well known. Just need to find the right buyer.

Skype; live:th3_l3vy

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Brett For This Useful Post:

Ananke (01-23-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    2d 20h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Ok, thank you both. I haven't made any decisions, but it's nice to have an idea.