169/0
    Mentioned
    273 times
    Time Online
    56d 5h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m

Anime

I need a new anime to watch, while I wait for another episode of Outbreak Company to come on.

I don't like animes that dag on like Naruto or w/e it's called. I don't mind if it is long as long as there are not MANY fillers.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    68/0
    Mentioned
    298 times
    Time Online
    30d 23h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Claymore (クレイモア Kureimoa?) is a dark fantasy manga series written and illustrated by Norihiro Yagi. The series initially premiered in the now defunct Monthly Shōnen Jump in the May 2001 issue. When the magazine was canceled in June 2007, the series was temporarily moved to Weekly Shōnen Jump where it was still published monthly. When Jump Square was introduced in November 2007, the series was moved to it. The individual chapters are published in tankōbon volumes by Shueisha, with 23 volumes released as of December 2012.
    Madhouse adapted the first eleven volumes of the series into a twenty-six episode anime series. Directed by Hiroyuki Tanaka the series premiered in Japan on NTV on April 3, 2007 and ran until September 25, 2007. A CD soundtrack for the anime series, and a CD of character songs using the anime voice actresses were released on July 25, 2007 and September 27, 2007, respectively.

You should watch these episodes, I loved the Mange and Anime.

Why, yes. The world does revolve around me.
    (you need an account to see links)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Air For This Useful Post:

cloudxcrash (12-25-2013),zxzero (12-24-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    178/0
    Mentioned
    744 times
    Time Online
    335d 1h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 3m
    Kyoukai no Kanata is the latest I've watched.
    Very good anime

"Date et dabitur vobis"
    「Let's fight 恐れはない」

"A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of f��ks I do not give"

「君が望むモノは何?」

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Accelerator For This Useful Post:

zxzero (12-25-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    169/0
    Mentioned
    273 times
    Time Online
    56d 5h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by Air View Post
    Claymore (クレイモア Kureimoa?) is a dark fantasy manga series written and illustrated by Norihiro Yagi. The series initially premiered in the now defunct Monthly Shōnen Jump in the May 2001 issue. When the magazine was canceled in June 2007, the series was temporarily moved to Weekly Shōnen Jump where it was still published monthly. When Jump Square was introduced in November 2007, the series was moved to it. The individual chapters are published in tankōbon volumes by Shueisha, with 23 volumes released as of December 2012.
    Madhouse adapted the first eleven volumes of the series into a twenty-six episode anime series. Directed by Hiroyuki Tanaka the series premiered in Japan on NTV on April 3, 2007 and ran until September 25, 2007. A CD soundtrack for the anime series, and a CD of character songs using the anime voice actresses were released on July 25, 2007 and September 27, 2007, respectively.

You should watch these episodes, I loved the Mange and Anime.
    OH MY GAWD. Watched the first episode of claymore and it is amazing so far! Thanks.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zxzero For This Useful Post:

Air (12-25-2013),cloudxcrash (12-25-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    403/1
    Mentioned
    734 times
    Time Online
    120d 8h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m

Attack on Titan (進撃の巨人 Shingeki no Kyojin?, lit. "Advancing Giants") is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Hajime Isayama. The series began serialization in Kodansha's Bessatsu Shōnen Magazine on September 9, 2009, and has been collected into 12 tankōbon volumes as of December 9, 2013. It is set in a world where humanity lives inside cities surrounded by enormous walls due to the Titans, gigantic humanoid creatures who devour humans seemingly without reason. The story centers on Eren Yeager, his adoptive sister Mikasa Ackerman, and their friend Armin Arlert, whose lives are changed forever after the appearance of a colossal titan brings about the destruction of their home town and the death of Eren's mother. Vowing revenge and to reclaim the world from the Titans, Eren, Mikasa and Armin join the Survey Corps, an elite group of soldiers who fight Titans outside the walls.

26 episodes so far
    1 OVA so far

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fairy Tail (フェアリーテイル Fearī Teiru?) is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Hiro Mashima. It has been published in Weekly Shōnen Magazine since August 2, 2006, and has been published by Kodansha in 40 tankōbon volumes; the individual chapters are being published in tankōbon volumes by Kodansha, with the first released on December 15, 2006, and the 40th volume released on October 17, 2013. Fairy Tail follows the adventures of Lucy Heartfilia, a teenage wizard (魔導士 madōshi?),[1] who joins the titular wizards' guild and teams up with fellow guild member Natsu Dragneel as he searches for the dragon Igneel.

175 episodes so far
    Lots of OVAs (6 I think) and movies (5-6 I think)

I'm still watching this one xD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Future Diary (未来日記 Mirai Nikki?) is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Sakae Esuno. The manga was serialized in the Kadokawa Shoten's Shōnen Ace between January 2006 and December 2010. Twelve tankōbon volumes were released in Japan. The manga has been licensed by Tokyopop, and ten of the English volumes were released, with a release for the last two now uncertain due to Tokyopop ceasing publishing in North America. A "pilot anime" DVD was released with the 11th manga volume in December 2010. A TV anime series animated by Asread began airing in Japan on October 10, 2011. Funimation has licensed the anime for distribution in North America. A live action television drama premiered on April 21, 2012.

25 episodes so far, probably won't have more
    1-2 OVAs (I've watched one)

One Piece (ワンピース Wan Pīsu?) is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Eiichiro Oda. It has been serialized in Weekly Shōnen Jump since August 4, 1997; the individual chapters are being published in tankōbon volumes by Shueisha, with the first released on December 24, 1997, and the 72nd volume released as of November 2013. One Piece follows the adventures of Monkey D. Luffy, a young boy whose body gains the properties of rubber after unintentionally eating a Devil Fruit, and his diverse crew of pirates, named the Straw Hat Pirates. Luffy explores the ocean in search of the world's ultimate treasure known as One Piece in order to become the next Pirate King.

6## episodes so far, and they keep releasing more
    Not sure on OVAs or movies

I've watched up to episode 60, then I decided to stop and watch Fairy Tail instead.

Bleach (ブリーチ Burīchi?) is a Japanese anime series based on the manga of the same name by Tite Kubo. The anime ran for a total of 366 episodes including 111 episodes of original material not based on the manga. Bleach was produced by Studio Pierrot and directed by Noriyuki Abe. Bleach's Japanese and English voice actors include some of the most credited and well known voice actors, including Johnny Yong Bosch. The music was composed by Shirō Sagisu, who also composed the music for Neon Genesis Evangelion. A total of fifteen opening themes and thirty ending themes are used throughout the series; featuring a diverse group of Japanese artists.

366 episodes so far, not sure if they are going to release more, probably?
    Not sure on OVAs and movies.

Another (アナザー Anazā?) is a Japanese mystery horror novel by Yukito Ayatsuji, published on October 29, 2009 by Kadokawa Shoten. The story focuses on a boy named Kōichi Sakakibara who, upon transferring into Yomiyama Middle School and meeting the curious Mei Misaki, finds himself in a mystery revolving around students and people related to his class falling victim to gruesome, senseless deaths.

12 episodes, I think it's finished.

Fullmetal Alchemist (Japanese: 鋼の錬金術師 Hepburn: Hagane no Renkinjutsushi?, lit. "Alchemist of Steel") is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Hiromu Arakawa. It was serialized in Square Enix's Monthly Shōnen Gangan magazine between August 2001 and June 2010; the publisher later collected the individual chapters into twenty-seven tankōbon volumes. The world of Fullmetal Alchemist is styled after the European Industrial Revolution. Set in a fictional universe in which alchemy is one of the most advanced scientific techniques, the story follows the Elric brothers Edward and Alphonse, who are searching for a Philosopher's Stone to restore their bodies after a failed attempt to bring their mother back to life using alchemy.

6# episodes I think?
    Not sure on OVAs and movies either.

Watch the Brotherhood one, it's better in my opinion.
    The story is the same but the animation is better.

Highschool of the Dead (学園黙示録 HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD Gakuen Mokushiroku Haisukūru obu za Deddo?, lit. "Academy Apocalypse Highschool of the Dead") is a manga series written by Daisuke Satō and illustrated by Shōji Satō. The story follows a group of high school students caught in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. The series was serialized in the September 2006 issue of Fujimi Shobo's Monthly Dragon Age, and the first volume was released by Kadokawa Shoten on March 1, 2007,[3] with a total of seven volumes available in Japan as of April 25, 2011.[4] The series is licensed in North America by Yen Press,[5] and released the first volume on January 25, 2011.[6] An anime adaptation produced by Madhouse aired in Japan from July 5, 2010 to September 20, 2010.[7]

12 episodes as well
    I don't think there is any OVA or movie.

Death Note (デスノート Desu Nōto?) is a Japanese manga series created by writer Tsugumi Ohba and manga artist Takeshi Obata. It centers on Light Yagami, a high school student who discovers a supernatural notebook, the titular "Death Note". This notebook grants its user the ability to kill anyone whose name and face they know. The series follows Light's subsequent efforts to create a criminal-free utopia using the notebook, and the efforts of a detective known as L to stop him.

Not many episodes, not sure about the exact count tho
    Also not sure about OVAs or movies.
    Last edited by Ban; 12-25-2013 at 10:30 AM.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ban For This Useful Post:

Maki (12-25-2013),Raj (01-16-2014),zxzero (12-25-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    169/0
    Mentioned
    273 times
    Time Online
    56d 5h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by Discord View Post

Attack on Titan (進撃の巨人 Shingeki no Kyojin?, lit. "Advancing Giants") is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Hajime Isayama. The series began serialization in Kodansha's Bessatsu Shōnen Magazine on September 9, 2009, and has been collected into 12 tankōbon volumes as of December 9, 2013. It is set in a world where humanity lives inside cities surrounded by enormous walls due to the Titans, gigantic humanoid creatures who devour humans seemingly without reason. The story centers on Eren Yeager, his adoptive sister Mikasa Ackerman, and their friend Armin Arlert, whose lives are changed forever after the appearance of a colossal titan brings about the destruction of their home town and the death of Eren's mother. Vowing revenge and to reclaim the world from the Titans, Eren, Mikasa and Armin join the Survey Corps, an elite group of soldiers who fight Titans outside the walls.

26 episodes so far
    1 OVA so far

Fairy Tail (フェアリーテイル Fearī Teiru?) is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Hiro Mashima. It has been published in Weekly Shōnen Magazine since August 2, 2006, and has been published by Kodansha in 40 tankōbon volumes; the individual chapters are being published in tankōbon volumes by Kodansha, with the first released on December 15, 2006, and the 40th volume released on October 17, 2013. Fairy Tail follows the adventures of Lucy Heartfilia, a teenage wizard (魔導士 madōshi?),[1] who joins the titular wizards' guild and teams up with fellow guild member Natsu Dragneel as he searches for the dragon Igneel.

175 episodes so far
    Lots of OVAs (6 I think) and movies (5-6 I think)

I'm still watching this one xD

Future Diary (未来日記 Mirai Nikki?) is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Sakae Esuno. The manga was serialized in the Kadokawa Shoten's Shōnen Ace between January 2006 and December 2010. Twelve tankōbon volumes were released in Japan. The manga has been licensed by Tokyopop, and ten of the English volumes were released, with a release for the last two now uncertain due to Tokyopop ceasing publishing in North America. A "pilot anime" DVD was released with the 11th manga volume in December 2010. A TV anime series animated by Asread began airing in Japan on October 10, 2011. Funimation has licensed the anime for distribution in North America. A live action television drama premiered on April 21, 2012.

25 episodes so far, probably won't have more
    1-2 OVAs (I've watched one)

One Piece (ワンピース Wan Pīsu?) is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Eiichiro Oda. It has been serialized in Weekly Shōnen Jump since August 4, 1997; the individual chapters are being published in tankōbon volumes by Shueisha, with the first released on December 24, 1997, and the 72nd volume released as of November 2013. One Piece follows the adventures of Monkey D. Luffy, a young boy whose body gains the properties of rubber after unintentionally eating a Devil Fruit, and his diverse crew of pirates, named the Straw Hat Pirates. Luffy explores the ocean in search of the world's ultimate treasure known as One Piece in order to become the next Pirate King.

6## episodes so far, and they keep releasing more
    Not sure on OVAs or movies

I've watched up to episode 60, then I decided to stop and watch Fairy Tail instead.

Bleach (ブリーチ Burīchi?) is a Japanese anime series based on the manga of the same name by Tite Kubo. The anime ran for a total of 366 episodes including 111 episodes of original material not based on the manga. Bleach was produced by Studio Pierrot and directed by Noriyuki Abe. Bleach's Japanese and English voice actors include some of the most credited and well known voice actors, including Johnny Yong Bosch. The music was composed by Shirō Sagisu, who also composed the music for Neon Genesis Evangelion. A total of fifteen opening themes and thirty ending themes are used throughout the series; featuring a diverse group of Japanese artists.

366 episodes so far, not sure if they are going to release more, probably?

Another (アナザー Anazā?) is a Japanese mystery horror novel by Yukito Ayatsuji, published on October 29, 2009 by Kadokawa Shoten. The story focuses on a boy named Kōichi Sakakibara who, upon transferring into Yomiyama Middle School and meeting the curious Mei Misaki, finds himself in a mystery revolving around students and people related to his class falling victim to gruesome, senseless deaths.

12 episodes, I think it's finished.

Fullmetal Alchemist (Japanese: 鋼の錬金術師 Hepburn: Hagane no Renkinjutsushi?, lit. "Alchemist of Steel") is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Hiromu Arakawa. It was serialized in Square Enix's Monthly Shōnen Gangan magazine between August 2001 and June 2010; the publisher later collected the individual chapters into twenty-seven tankōbon volumes. The world of Fullmetal Alchemist is styled after the European Industrial Revolution. Set in a fictional universe in which alchemy is one of the most advanced scientific techniques, the story follows the Elric brothers Edward and Alphonse, who are searching for a Philosopher's Stone to restore their bodies after a failed attempt to bring their mother back to life using alchemy.

6# episodes I think?
    Not sure on OVAs and movies either.

Watch the Brotherhood one, it's better in my opinion.
    The story is the same but the animation is better.

Highschool of the Dead (学園黙示録 HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD Gakuen Mokushiroku Haisukūru obu za Deddo?, lit. "Academy Apocalypse Highschool of the Dead") is a manga series written by Daisuke Satō and illustrated by Shōji Satō. The story follows a group of high school students caught in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. The series was serialized in the September 2006 issue of Fujimi Shobo's Monthly Dragon Age, and the first volume was released by Kadokawa Shoten on March 1, 2007,[3] with a total of seven volumes available in Japan as of April 25, 2011.[4] The series is licensed in North America by Yen Press,[5] and released the first volume on January 25, 2011.[6] An anime adaptation produced by Madhouse aired in Japan from July 5, 2010 to September 20, 2010.[7]

12 episodes as well
    I don't think there is any OVA or movie.

Death Note (デスノート Desu Nōto?) is a Japanese manga series created by writer Tsugumi Ohba and manga artist Takeshi Obata. It centers on Light Yagami, a high school student who discovers a supernatural notebook, the titular "Death Note". This notebook grants its user the ability to kill anyone whose name and face they know. The series follows Light's subsequent efforts to create a criminal-free utopia using the notebook, and the efforts of a detective known as L to stop him.

Not many episodes, not sure about the exact count tho
    Also not sure about OVAs or movies.
    Saw most of them. They are good animes though, so the ones I haven't seen I will take a look at after this one I am watching.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    403/1
    Mentioned
    734 times
    Time Online
    120d 8h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by zxzero View Post
    Saw most of them. They are good animes though, so the ones I haven't seen I will take a look at after this one I am watching.
    Aye sir!
    I'll keep updating the post once I remember more xD

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ban For This Useful Post:

zxzero (12-25-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    178/0
    Mentioned
    744 times
    Time Online
    335d 1h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 3m
    Aye sir!
    Happy reference XD (:

"Date et dabitur vobis"
    「Let's fight 恐れはない」

"A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of f��ks I do not give"

「君が望むモノは何?」

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Accelerator For This Useful Post:

Ban (12-25-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    403/1
    Mentioned
    734 times
    Time Online
    120d 8h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchGreat View Post
    Happy reference XD (:
    Happy is best character xD

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    178/0
    Mentioned
    744 times
    Time Online
    335d 1h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Discord View Post
    Happy is best character xD
    One of the funniest in Fairy Tail

"Date et dabitur vobis"
    「Let's fight 恐れはない」

「君が望むモノは何?」