Thread: Anybody looking for a new speaker system?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 17h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m

Anybody looking for a new speaker system?

If you are, check this shit out:

(you need an account to see links)

We got a few of them when we finished our kitchen remodel, they are sooo nice!
    I also got one for Christmas to toss in my room, and I've been loving it recently.

You basically get an app on your phone/tablet/computer(?) and you can play everything through the app over wifi to the speakers. I'm sure there are other things out there that do a similar thing, but none of them have lived up to what these ones can do

The sound is ridiculously good, just a lil speaker can pretty be heard anywhere in the house.
    And it's so convenient to be able to do it all wirelessly anywhere you want. Just figured I'd share in case anybody was looking for something like this.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

2. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Miri (01-17-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    30 times
    Time Online
    10d 7h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    My housemate gonna like this

They'll all hear a really good music all night

whether they like it or not

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Le_bonc For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (01-17-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    112 times
    Time Online
    69d 4h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    hmm I have been under heavy research on the whole airplay/wifi/bluetooth speaker selections, and Sonos are amazing but idk this speaker from bestbuy looks sick lol, check it out.

it is 420 watt sony with bluetooth built in so its wireless also, 12 different color rotating to the music and shit...seems pretty dope to me xD

just wondering what sonos did you end up buying andrew? and how many do you have because the cool thing about sonos is you can literally build an arsenal of the speakers throughout your house and when throwing a party you will never have to leave a room when you favorite song is because it will be playing through the whole house lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Getwellsoon For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (01-18-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    219 times
    Time Online
    40d 7h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    My friend bought this system for her boy last valentines day, sounds amazing, I want for myself.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Banannie For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (01-18-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 17h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m
    Quote Originally Posted by Getwellsoon View Post
    hmm I have been under heavy research on the whole airplay/wifi/bluetooth speaker selections, and Sonos are amazing but idk this speaker from bestbuy looks sick lol, check it out.

it is 420 watt sony with bluetooth built in so its wireless also, 12 different color rotating to the music and shit...seems pretty dope to me xD

just wondering what sonos did you end up buying andrew? and how many do you have because the cool thing about sonos is you can literally build an arsenal of the speakers throughout your house and when throwing a party you will never have to leave a room when you favorite song is because it will be playing through the whole house lol
    That last bit is the part I really love about it. You can set it up so each speaker plays different stuff, or combine them so they are all playing as one. It's pretty sweet, and so easy to do. When I'm home alone I'll just group them all and blast the music. We currently have three of the Play 5, and one of the Play 3. But just one Play 5 is enough really. Even a Play 3 can fill the room. I haven't seen the Sony ones, but anything that says it portable throws me off because I haven't seen anything with enough power. The Sonos is portable enough that you can move from room to room if you want. But it needs to be plugged in, it won't run off batteries.

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Banannie View Post
    My friend bought this system for her boy last valentines day, sounds amazing, I want for myself.
    They are the best! The are small enough to fit everywhere, and so convenient to use. I love them!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    112 times
    Time Online
    69d 4h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Lol sony is just lying when they say portable xD the speaker is like four feet tall and weighs 36 pounds hahahha and it doesn't even have a battery built in! It's just a marketing ploy..but none the less a sweet speaker..the only problem with sonos that I can find is that you have to use it's apps interface to play thru it...which eliminates the playing of music thru YouTube and the playing of movies/tv shows thru Netflix, Hulu ect..where as a Bluetooth speaker will play absolutely anything you play on your phone/comp..but there are pros to both, the sonos doesn't have a 33 meter range like Bluetooth lol..

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 17h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m
    Quote Originally Posted by Getwellsoon View Post
    Lol sony is just lying when they say portable xD the speaker is like four feet tall and weighs 36 pounds hahahha and it doesn't even have a battery built in! It's just a marketing ploy..but none the less a sweet speaker..the only problem with sonos that I can find is that you have to use it's apps interface to play thru it...which eliminates the playing of music thru YouTube and the playing of movies/tv shows thru Netflix, Hulu ect..where as a Bluetooth speaker will play absolutely anything you play on your phone/comp..but there are pros to both, the sonos doesn't have a 33 meter range like Bluetooth lol..
    Wow, yeah that doesn't sound very portable at allll lol
    The sonos speaker is much much smaller than that. I have. Feeling that eventually Sonos will have some sort of update that will allow you to use them as speakers. That or the technology will catch up and there will be an app on the smart TVs where you can connect to sonos. I have a separate system for the TV, so I guess it's not a big deal for me. But if you were looking for it to be multifunctional, that's definitely something to take into account.
    It doesn't let you play through youtube, but it has tons of other options.
    I feel like sooner or later it will definitely be compatible as surround sound because they are getting (or already have, I forget) a soundbar that will connect with everything else. I feel like that's an important piece for a surround sound system and something they will have to expand to if they want to stay competitive.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    112 times
    Time Online
    69d 4h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Yea they already made the soundbar..I think I'm gonna go with the sony and if I don't like it return and get sonos lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 17h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m
    Lemme know what you think about them when you get it!