15/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    46d 17h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m

Advice for Failed Dieting!

So anybody else here a dieter? Trying to lose LARGE amounts of weight? Post some advice.

I am a diet fanatic as of July 2012. I've lost 75 pounds without exercising (I am a lazy lady)

In the beginning, I did low carb. Slim Jims, pork skins, ham. That was it for a solid two months. I lost 20 pounds and my patience. I can't stand repetitive foods.

So after that I went to extreme low calorie dieting (1400 for the first month, 1200 for the next few, then 1000 -yes, I'm aware this was unhealthy- since October 2013)

About three months ago I had a major life change and let's just say chocolate became my best friend after losing something sweeter to me.

I've gained back about 30 pounds, and I need inspiration to keep moving.

What are some of your diet foods? I'll be listing a few "recipes" (again, I'm lazy.. cooking doesn't run well with me, so this might not interest anybody else)

1) The Amurricun Bahreeto (haaha)

Start with a medium/small flour tortilla (around 140 calories)
    Pour some mustard in a diagonal line (ZERO BEAUTIFUL DELICIOUS calories)
    Pour some LOW CALORIE (I suggest Kraft's light) Mayonnaise (around 70 calories)
    Shredded cheese up along the lines (I suggest Weight Watcher's Reduced Fat Four Cheese Italian Blend Shredded Cheese) (around 70 calories)
    Now.. add a meat you prefer, such a sliced ham or turkey (I ALWAYS use Oscar Mayer's Smoked Turkey Breast) (55 calories per serving)

Wrap that baby up and slap her on a pan, grill until browned. Delicious and only 335 calories. A great lunch with minimal effort (win!)

2) Mama's Diet Grilled Cheese
    Pepperidge Farm and Sara Lee both have a line of low calorie breads..

I use Pepperidge Farm's Very Thin slices (45 calories a pop)
    Add some of that amazing Kraft's Light Mayonnaise (a smidgen is 70 calories)
    A single slice of Weight Watcher's Colby Jack (60 calories a slice)
    Add some pepper and lettuce, grill to personal taste

Another great lunch, at only 220 calories. I usually side this with broccoli and a light ranch dressing (most are around 50-70 calories a serving)

3) Just a simple Omelet

Two Egg omelet (140 calories)
    Add Banana Peppers (whopping zero calories)
    Shredded cheese (again, Weight Watchers saves with around 70 calories per serving)
    Ham/Turkey as you please (shred it up and spread it out for around 60 calories a serving)

270 calorie breakfast? Awesome. Add a light Yoplait yogurt for only 90 calories more and you did a great job of eating healthy and within reason

4) Tilapia

Okay, this is self explanatory. Tilapia is a GREAT fish with delicious flavor and is the easiest thing to make.
    I buy Kroger's prepackaged pieces (estimated 100 calories a piece) and cook three at a time for a meal.
    Just pop 'em on a piece of foil in a cookie pan after spraying it with Pam or some other oil (sticking fish is not good fish)
    Add your choice of spices. I personally like a little lemon juice, or lime salt, and some Beer Batter flavor, usually McCormick brand.
    Cook for 15 minutes on 350 degrees. Boom.

Easy 300 calorie lunch, dinner, hell - even breakfast if you're like me and don't care what time of day it is. A craving is a craving.

And, a side note, Progresso's Light soup line has been helpful for dinners, ranging from 120 - 200 calories a can.

So post your delicious snacks and meals. Or advice. I know you're lurking. You wanna drop that last ten pounds.

I'm also looking for a fellow dieter to 'race' with, essentially somebody to push me (and me push back) into reaching goals.

So let's chat No judgement here. I ate cans of icing in my worst days, so it's safe to say I've probably been there and done that for anything else.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    7d 1h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Ive been trying to lose weight as well and it is an up and down battle.What I found in repetitive things is controlling your portions is a big thing.As well as its been proven that those who eat breakfast lose weight easier.I am lazy as well and my excuse for getting up and going out is my dog she loves going to the park for walks and walking helped me tremendously to lose 10 pounds.If I can't go out and walk I clean my house like crazy. I am an extremely picky eater(most veggies are out of the question) so I try to balance my diet to make up what I don't get from my picky eating.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Isis For This Useful Post:

Shizuku (01-11-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    46d 17h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Hahah walking definitely helps! My puppy gets me going every day, despite my huge lazy streak. I just don't really walk much so I don't add it in as official exercise.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Well, I've been trying to eat healthy for a while.
    It's a constant battle, but I think what helps me the most is having to buy my own groceries (now).
    At first, I was just buying all the cheap junk because I'm frugal and it was cheap and money money money.
    It was awful.

Now, I make myself a clear list when I go to the store.
    I check deals, and I literally only let myself be in the store long enough to pick up what's on my list.
    I don't immediately go shopping so that, if I decide at a later time that I don't need something on my list, I can cross it off.

Some of the staples in my shopping trips are:

1. Lean Turkey Burgers - these are delicious, they cook really freaking fast (which is awesome for a terribly impatient person like me), and I can eat them on a sandwich thin or low-calorie bread, or I can chop them up and put them in a multi-grain flat bread.

2. Spinach - I eat spinach with almost everything. In flatbreads, cooked into things/with things, plain spinach salads with some sunflower seeds and light dressing.

3. Zucchini noodles - I recently bought a vegetable spiralizer and it's freaking wonderful. I buy zucchini at the store, spiralize it into noodles, sometimes I eat them cold with some pesto, othertime I'll warm up a little bit of low-calorie pasta sauce and use it to warm the noodles. Sooooo much healthier than regular noodles.

4. Apples/grapes/oranges - My breakfast every morning. <3 Can't beat it.

5. Black beans - I use these with some low-calorie shredded cheese on a multi-grain flatbread. Super filling, lots of protein.

6. Tilapia - Like you said, ahhhhh, it's so good. So healthy, too.

Pretty much, I just shop around for deals and pick whatever foods are healthy or can be made in a healthy way. I completely avoid any pastas, "box meals", "bag meals", etc. I'm also super lazy about baking/cooking, so it helps for me to just find little quick snacks that I can eat throughout the day. It has yet to fail me, and I feel like I've gotten pretty good about finding those "staple foods" that can be prepared in multiple different ways.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rachel For This Useful Post:

Shizuku (01-11-2014)