5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m

♥【NEOCASH GUIDE】�� NC Resources & New Item Values

If you’re familiar with customizing your Neopets at all, chances are you’re familiar with Neocash and Neocash customization. However, I know that a lot of people have yet to explore or understand this area of Neopets. This guide is designed to be an additional resource for those of you who are not yet well-versed in the ways of NC customization and trading to better understand what is, without a doubt, one of the most active aspects of Neopets.

If you’re already familiar with the NCC and what NC trading is, please feel free to scroll down for links to active/well-known value guides and resources to value check your NC items and help you design the perfect customization! If you’re not, @(you need an account to see links) has written a fabulous basic guide that should be able to help you out if you (you need an account to see links). However, because of how frequently changes and updates are made to the NC mall and item values, @(you need an account to see links) and I thought it would be helpful to throw a few newer, more recent guides into the mix to make sure that everyone on cK has the most up-to-date information regarding the NC mall and its wearables.

Additionally, TNT has hinted that, with the transition from Viacom to JumpStart, changes are anticipated regarding NC (which technically stands for NickCash – in reference to Nickelodeon, owned by Viacom…so of course things are going to have to change, at least a little) cards and the way they are/can be redeemed, as hinted at in this FAQ:

What happens to my NC?
    For now, your NC balance will still be shared across all three sites: Neopets, Petpet Park, and Monkey Quest. At some point, there may be changes in how NC is allocated among the sites. We will notify you of any changes in how your NC can be used.

What if I have Nickelodeon Game Cards that I'd planned to use on Neopets/Petpet Park?
    For now, redeemed NC will still be useable on Neopets, Petpet Park, and Monkey Quest. At some point there may be changes in how redeemed NC from Nickelodeon Game Cards may be used among the sites. We will notify you of any changes in how your NC can be used.
    Based on this information, I want to make sure that all of cK is able to keep up with any changes that might be made and how they'll affect the NC world that many of us have come to love (despite its many frustrations ).

【 NC RESOURCES 】

There are a couple valuable NC resources that, especially for newer traders, will prove incredibly helpful in both designing customizations and staying up-to-date with new items as they’re released – what they look like and how to get them. These NC resources available to you on other various sites are:

1. JellyNeo’s wardrobe: (you need an account to see links)
    JN tends to be very good about adding new NC wearables quickly, and by clicking through each item, you’ll be able to preview what it looks like on different species. I check this page almost daily to keep up with new releases.
    2. Dress to Impress (DTI): impress.openneo.net
    DTI is, without a doubt, the most valuable resource available to the NCC in planning customizations and outfits. Essentially, it’s as though your dressing your very own pet (or a future dream pet) with an unlimited closet that has every NC/NP wearable. Unlike JN’s item database, you can stack items on top of each other to plan entire outfits so you know exactly which overall look you’d like, or you can also scroll through entire groups of items with a specific keywords (like backgrounds, foregrounds, garlands, dresses, pink, shoes, etc.).

【 NC VALUE GUIDES 】

The NCC relies heavily on user-controlled value guides for guidance in the “value” of items. Essentially, when new items come out, the number of people looking for the item versus the number of people who have the item will dictate how popular or valuable that item becomes. If it’s an item that is very easy to get and few people want it, chances are, it’ll have a low value. However, if it’s an item that is obtained in some obscure way, or it retired a long time ago when only 3 or 4 people decided it was a good idea to spend real money on Neopets, and the entire NCC thinks it’s the prettiest item ever, it’ll have a high value. All of this information is tracked by recent trades and documented in value guides that everyone can reference when making trades. Of course, given that these guides ARE run by everyday users, things happen, people get busy, and they fall out of date. However, here is a list of the FAIRLY up-to-date guides that users on the NCC reference (and I will try to keep this up-to-date as more guides disappear or pop up):

1. The Guide: neopets.com/~the_guide (a-l) & neopets.com/~white_charm (m-z)
    Another recent initiative, The Guide is dedicated to being up-to-date and all-inclusive. This is the guide I find myself using most frequently; it contains a lot of items that even dominant/filigrees are missing with the most accurate, up-to-date values (in my opinion).
    2. Dominant: neopets.com/~dominant
    Dominant is, essentially, a copy-pasted version of Filigrees, but it contains newer items that have been released since filigrees stopped being active. For newer items, its values are good, but for older items, it’s essentially a copy-paste of filigrees, still lacking updated values on many items.
    3. Filigrees: neopets.com/~filigrees (or, for laggy computers, the text-only version is at /~paleina)
    Filigrees used to be the gold standard when it came to value guides (although it is still missing many older, retired items). However, halfway through 2013, the individual running it got really busy, and it’s since fallen out-of-date, lacking almost a year’s worth of new items and value updates.
    4. Ckangoe: neopets.com/~ckangoe
    Although this guide is more out-of-date than Filigrees, it contains values for many retired items that Filigrees lacked. If the item can be found on multiple guides, this is the last resource I’d use, but if you can’t locate it anywhere else, you might be able to find it here.
    5. Naomi’s Popular Item Value Guide: (you need an account to see links)!
    If you’re thinking that you’ve seen guides like this on cK before, you’re probably right. However, because of a recent influx of rereleased items (items that were previously retired but have since been thrown back into the market, dropping their values) or inflation of values on many popular items, this resource will be incredibly helpful at keeping everyone in the loop about the absolute most up-to-date values for which NC populars are trading.

Although the values of most items will remain pretty stagnant, some of the more popular items have values that fluctuate often, so please double-check values before making any trade at all! If you have any questions about values you can’t find on a guide, please contact @(you need an account to see links) or myself, and we’ll help you out!

【 CURRENT NEW ITEMS 】

The only downfall about having such a large database of items to update on-site is that it sometimes takes guides days or even weeks to add in values. When new items are released and you’re looking for their immediate values, keep checking back here! I’ll keep the NC mall’s newest items added to this thread until they’re able to get added to an on-site guide. For now, those items include:

Spring Stained Glass Cape: 1-2
    (Buyable)

Moltaran Carmariller Wig: 1-2
    (Forest Hiding Spot Treasure Map)

Dark Shimmery Lantern String Lights: 1
    (Buyable)

This Way Sign: 1
    (Buyable)

Sleeveless Geometric Shirt: 1
    (Buyable)

Marble Halls Gown: 1-2
    (Hidden Altador)

Usukiland Collectors Dress: 2
    (NC Mall Collectible)

Potion Vines Garland: 1
    (Buyable)

Striped Strawberry Jumper: 2
    (LE Strawberry JubJub KQ Token)

Spiky Multicolour Wig: 1
    (Buyable)

Water Columns Garland: 1-2
    (Hidden Altador)

Altador Castle Wall Foreground: 1-2
    (Altador Cup Treasure Map)

Forgotten Altador Ruin Background: 1-2

Ornamental Yooyu Cuffs: 1-2

Yooyu Shaped Parasol: 1-2

Unruly Braided Wig*: 1-2
    (Hidden Altador)

Water Drain Foreground: 1-2
    (Hidden Altador)

Spiral Staircase Background*: 1-2
    (Hidden Altador)

Plated Armour Top: 1-2
    (Hidden Altador)

Festive Holiday Lamp: 2
    (LE Christmas Quiggle KQ Token)

Wall of Weapons Foreground*: 1-2
    (Hidden Altador)

Sunfire Contacts*: 1-2
    (Hidden Altador)

Plated Armour Trousers: 1-2
    (Hidden Altador)

Bag of Beach Essentials: 1-2
    (Wonderclaw)

Brilliant Shine Wings*: 1-2
    (Wonderclaw)

Chunky Seashell Necklace: 1-2
    (Wonderclaw)

Giant Shell Parasol: 1-2
    (Wonderclaw)

Sandwitch: 1-2
    (Wonderclaw)

Seashell String Lights: 1-2
    (Wonderclaw)

Bright Beach Sarong: 1-2
    (Wonderclaw)

Carved Sand Castle Shield: 1-2
    (Wonderclaw)

Glamorous Beach Sandals: 1-2
    (Wonderclaw)

Island Ona Handheld Plushie: 1-2
    (Wonderclaw)

Tropical Drink Background: 1-2
    (Wonderclaw)

Flowy Scaled Skirt*: 1-2
    (Wonderclaw)

Ornate Shell Cuffs: 1-2
    (Wonderclaw)

Packed Beach Background: 1-2
    (Wonderclaw)

Sandy Feet: 1-2
    (Wonderclaw)

Blonde Fishtail Side Braid*: 2+
    (Wonderclaw)

Colourful Beach Wrap: 1-2
    (Wonderclaw)

Lighted Sand Castle Background: 1-2
    (Wonderclaw)

Nuranna Bite Bathing Suit: 2-3
    (Wonderclaw)

Golden Sea Star Wig*: 3-4
    (Wonderclaw)

Valiant Champion Shoulder Armour: 1-2
    (Valiant Champion Mystery Capsule)

Champions Fur Bracers: 1-2

Valiant Champion Boots: 1-2

Valiant Champion Warpaint*: 2+

Valiant Champion Armoured Skirt: 1-2

Valiant Sail Wings: 1-2

Valiant Champion Coat*: 2

Braided Champions Helm*: 2

Champions Dragoyle Shield*: 2

Braided Red Helm: 1-2
    (Hidden Altador)

Sun of Altador Effect: 1-2
    (Sun of Altador Magic Elixir - Buyable)

Grey Stone Wig: 1-2
    (Hidden Altador)

Tropical Flower Dress: 1-2
    (Hidden Altador)

Premium Collectible: Glowing Contacts*: 2+
    (Premium Collectible)

Items with a * next to them will likely fluctuate in value before stabilizing.

Last edited by rachel; 06-16-2014 at 09:38 PM.

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to rachel For This Useful Post:

Banannie (03-30-2014),BEDDOEDv (03-22-2014),Cal (04-21-2014),Cheese (05-01-2014),coconutmilk (05-06-2014),Colby (03-24-2014),enchanted (04-03-2014),Foxglove (04-17-2014),Lavendrae (04-10-2014),Lindsay (11-10-2014),Lyric (08-07-2014),Maki (04-13-2014),Naked Gamer (03-23-2014),Naomi (03-22-2014),Neal Caffrey (08-25-2014),Raj (05-28-2014),simmie (03-22-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    /~the_guide was updated today with the Moltaran Filament Lamp prizes.
    One new wearable from redeeming an NC card was found: Knitted Spectacles!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rachel For This Useful Post:

Naomi (03-23-2014)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    @(you need an account to see links) Great guide thanks a lot, I've never really been a NC or dressing pets up i'm old school in regards to that but this will defiantly help to change my ways, Thank you!! ;3 <3

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Naked Gamer For This Useful Post:

rachel (03-23-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    336 times
    Time Online
    47d 12h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Thanks for adding my guide ^_^ I hadn't remembered all the pictures I had in the guide linked to my photobucket and I deleted it D:

I went ahead and tidied it up a bit with new heading so they weren't broken pictures. Sadly I'm not playing Neo anymore so I don't really have the know how to update it. :/ I'll keep it around for beginners though (:

Lovely guide you guys have though, makes me wanna play again xD

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

@naomi you should comment so I can rep you for this guide as well!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Batgirl For This Useful Post:

Naomi (03-24-2014),rachel (03-25-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    375 times
    Time Online
    48d 12h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Quote Originally Posted by Batgirl View Post
    Thanks for adding my guide ^_^ I hadn't remembered all the pictures I had in the guide linked to my photobucket and I deleted it D:

I went ahead and tidied it up a bit with new heading so they weren't broken pictures. Sadly I'm not playing Neo anymore so I don't really have the know how to update it. :/ I'll keep it around for beginners though (:

Lovely guide you guys have though, makes me wanna play again xD

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

@naomi you should comment so I can rep you for this guide as well!
    Haha my portion of the guide is (you need an account to see links), but thanks @(you need an account to see links) -- rachel and I both thought you did an awesome job on your guide! good job kicking the neo habit though! I know I saw you on the NCC back in the day a lot... before I even knew clraik existed I think.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Naomi For This Useful Post:

Batgirl (03-24-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    336 times
    Time Online
    47d 12h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Naomi View Post
    Haha my portion of the guide is (you need an account to see links), but thanks @(you need an account to see links) -- rachel and I both thought you did an awesome job on your guide! good job kicking the neo habit though! I know I saw you on the NCC back in the day a lot... before I even knew clraik existed I think.
    Haha it's nice to know I was known :3
    Ha I suppose I should read better hah, I'll rep your part now ^_^

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Batgirl For This Useful Post:

Naomi (03-24-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Thank you, @(you need an account to see links) & @(you need an account to see links)!
    I appreciate it. ^_^

A new NC event has popped up in relation to the new plot/event: Capture the Comets!

Today's prizes are: Clear Forest Sky Background & Cosmic Ray Wig!

These items are technically still buyable for the duration of the event, so their values will be 1-2, but will probably rise significantly when the astronets retire (because let's be real, do you SEE that background?! Gawwwwgeous!).

Stay tuned for more event items as they're released & updated values as they retire (if an on-site guide doesn't beat me to it).

-----

New Capture the Comets items: Cosmic Cloud Face Paint & Interstellar Dress!
    Last edited by rachel; 03-26-2014 at 02:21 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rachel For This Useful Post:

Bettser (03-26-2014),Naomi (03-25-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    The last NC item award for redeeming an NC card has been discovered: Assorted Potion Shelf!

And today's items from Capture the Comets were released: Electromagnetic Shield & Nebula Contacts!

-----

Newest Capture the Comets prizes: Star Cluster Wig & Spiral Galaxy Wings!
    Last edited by rachel; 03-28-2014 at 06:55 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    New basic bundles were released today!

From these, you can get 1 item from the basics shop + one LE item, which is just a new colour of the previously released basic items, like the ones shown below!

Basic Khaki Gloves

Basic Beanie and Mint Green Wig

Basic Lavender Pants

Basic Grey Cardigan

Although these bundles are set to retire, for the current moment they will all have a value of 1.

When they do retire, if any of them fluctuate in value, I'll add them to the guide.
    Last edited by rachel; 03-28-2014 at 03:35 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    375 times
    Time Online
    48d 12h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    My feelings about the NC basics:

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Naomi For This Useful Post:

rachel (03-28-2014)