2/0
    Mentioned
    395 times
    Time Online
    79d 8h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    28m

Angry i'm really frickin annoyed

i just need to vent because i'm feeling really annoyed today.

so i got a puppy (5 month old miniature schnauzer) about a month or so ago. i have been wanting a dog for like ever. i live in a studio (approx 583 sq ft. so it's not tiny) and already have a cat and a ferret but i love being surrounded by animals so the room isn't really an issue to me and my dog & cat play and go in and out of the back door to the balcony and just chill.

anyways i had originally asked my SIL what she thought about me getting a dog and she was like "i would feel bad for it because i don't think u have the room or the time". yeah yeah, i asked, she answered.

but let me note that she legitimately thinks that if u have a full time job then you don't have time for a dog. she was like "yeah but people pay to have people come over to let their dogs out during the day" (LOL) and she thinks it's animal abuse if you aren't home for 12 hours a day with your fucking pets and it's really fucking annoying.

** lemme precursor with this funny af story first:

anyways my brother won't let her get a dog (for his own reasons). so since i'm a fucking adult, i ended up getting a dog but i didn't tell her because i didn't want her to tell me how fuckin much of an animal abuser i am because i work a full time job and am not home for 14 hours a day like she is (because she like refuses to leave the house or do anything with my brother 99% of the time).

i know i don't have to explain anything to her, but she's thinking i leave this dog kenneled for like 14 hours a day and never come home to check on him. actually, i go home for lunch every single day to let him out and play with him for like 30 minutes and i literally don't do anything most of the time after work and on weekends so he's out when i'm home. and he's only being kenneled while i'm at work until he's fully potty trained.

there is only one day a week when i have something to do after work and it's not even until like 9pm so he's out and stuff anyways. and he's really good in his kennel and doesn't scream or whine when i put him in there.

i told her about my dog yesterday and she stopped responding to me immediately and is ignoring me now and i'm just like "are u fucking serious? you seriously need to find a different hobby than putting your energy towards things that are out of your control."

so i'm really fucking annoyed today and i don't know how to approach her about this shit. we are super close but this is seriously something about her that makes me really fuckin annoyed and i have absolutely nothing to apologize for.
    Last edited by team rocket; 03-25-2019 at 10:20 AM. Reason: formatting issues.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to team rocket For This Useful Post:

teddy (03-25-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    11d 19h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Honestly, if i were in that situation, i would just let her be. I know she's family but... Ignoring someone because of THEIR decisions? Has happened to me before. Not my type of thing. Especially if its family, i would expect more support coming from them not the other way around but if it happens... so be it. Like you said, you're an adult, she knows that too, and you got a dog because... you wanted a dog. It's as simple as that. You know you take care of your puppy and that's all you need tbh. Maaaybe if you want you could try contacting her or talking to her to clear everything as to why she reacts this way to something it's not even her corcern.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Antonio For This Useful Post:

team rocket (03-25-2019)

Pronouns
    she/high
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    395 times
    Time Online
    79d 8h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    28m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    that's exactly why i didn't tell her in the first place. like jesus christ, i didn't ask her how she would feel if tried heroin or something.

if the worst thing i do is get a dog in a studio apartment, shoot me where i stand. i really don't understand her. it's utterly ridiculous and i really wanna text her and be like, "do u feel bad for my dog lol"

she's not the one taking care of him (and i'm sure if she was, she would be home 24/7 so it's not abuse) and she doesn't even know my schedule!! she was like "u have centuries to get a dog" and i was like ??? i'm not waitin til i'm 65 tf

6. The Following User Says Thank You to team rocket For This Useful Post:

Antonio (03-25-2019)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    If she's not allowed one, a lot of it is probably jealousy. The "she doesn't deserve it, because I'd be better" mentality. You said you're close? Based on what you're saying, that doesn't sound like someone worth being close to. Too much drama.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Stardew (03-25-2019),team rocket (03-25-2019)

Pronouns
    she/high
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    395 times
    Time Online
    79d 8h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    28m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
    If she's not allowed one, a lot of it is probably jealousy. The "she doesn't deserve it, because I'd be better" mentality. You said you're close? Based on what you're saying, that doesn't sound like someone worth being close to. Too much drama.
    that's exactly what i was thinking too.

honestly it's exhausting sometimes. i hate being the one who always has to be happy and watch what i say because i don't want to offend her and then she'll go and cry to my brother who would turn around and yell at me for yelling at his wife.

it's a vicious cycle.