Mentioned
    1,231 times
    Time Online
    340d 22h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 59m

Thumbs up 1 year I guess

OK I guess I gotta do this now
    Pretty boring story ahead but I guess it's sorta like a way for me to keep this here so I dont forget

Lolz okay so Neopets was always a part of my childhood, I played it on and off throughout my years
    I won’t go into too much detail so I’ll start at the point that actually turned my dull and boring life into something less dull and boring. Read it if you want, it’s mostly just a recap of how I even got here in the first place

It was March 2012
    I don’t want to say I suffered from clinical depression, but I wasn’t the happiest kid on the block
    I didn’t have any friends and there was nothing for me to look forward to ever. I guess I was sort of empty and bored, dreading school every day, no motivation for anything etc.
    After deciding that I wasn’t going to resort to…”dangerous” things to get shit off my mind, I looked to Tumblr and Neopets for solace
    Tumblr for scrolling mindlessly through pictures and funny textposts and Neopets for roleplaying
    I had an old account from previous years of roleplaying on there and it had the prettiest name ever:
    luxira
    The roleplay boards were still dead as fuck but less dead as fuck as it is now. I memorized the exact times activity would peak
    Here it is in its glory
    (you need an account to see links)

This went on for months until I found a Pirate Draik Egg at the shore.
    They were worth 3 million NPs at the time so I was like, “Holy shit!!! I’m gonna be rich!!”
    I put it up on the TP and asked for 2.5 million because I’m the worst, impatient seller ever
    An old grandma neomailed me and offered something uhhh fuck I can’t remember but she offered 800k and a magical pirate krawk plushie which was worth like 2 mil
    She said it was for her son’s birthday and I was like yea cool cool whatever.

You could say that selling the pirate krawk plushie really got me into the game.
    I loved bargaining with people, I loved the rush of buying and selling and feeling rich
    So much that, after I sold my shit, I went and impulse bought a PDE again, hatched it and named her Eadryn.
    I wandered on the Pound Chat and really started to read up on converted trading tiers, guides, etiquette, etc
    I remember it so clearly, if you’re a Pound Chatter you’ll understand the sentimentality when I say that it was when I saw –for the first and last time- draik and krawk swaps.
    Anyways I became a pro, downtraded, uptraded mostly, made art, BCed, and I had a nice little handful of pets: Estivea the faerie xweetok, Riyia the baby bori, Exentero the wraith gelert and a mutant gelert I forgot the name of

Then the Purge happened
    It happened in October 2012 and it was the most exciting time of my life
    Because of my obsession with French words at the time, I caught Deux (two), because it’s such a pretty word and Bonheur (happiness) after one of my favourite manga Happy Caf�
    At this time I also bought overpriced neopets shit from missneopoints.com, it was great, thanks for the memories good ol’ Jenny I hope you’re still an employee at another Neopoint selling website. Also to a separate Jenni (jhennidear/jennetics), fuck you you’re a bitch. Hopefully you GTFO of Neo and raised your child.

SO I bought an aisha mp (300k) and a white paintbrush (3 mill) for $10, morphed Deux for a custom and traded for a UC baby kougra
    My trading chain went like this;
    Deux -> dn/bn UC baby kougra -> vwn uc mutant lupe -> wn uncapped uc coco jub -> BN uc mallow grundo
    Pretty great right
    Frustrated with realizing I downtraded, I decided to toughen up and sell my mallow on the first forum I saw. It’s mostly Runescape oriented but there was a lil section called Other MMOs where Neopets merch flooded the board
    (It was in the middle of NeocashSella’s reign as king of the, well…Neocash Sellas)
    I signed up as “cityskyline” and put up a thread advertising my Mallow and whoa!!! I had THREE people hitting me up about him!!
    Fuckers, I’m pretty sure they were all the same person

Anyway, I was nice and went with the first guy that hit me up just to be fair.
    He gave me his MSN and offered $50 USD.
    He asked for my paypal and told me where to transfer. I was wary but he showed me his vouches (which were all fake, all of them, LMAO) and I was like alright, let me know where to transfer
    I HAD THE WORST GUT FEELING BUT I TRANSFERRED THE PET STRAIGHT TO HIS SHELL, IT WAS LIKE TAKING CANDY FROM A BABY I KID YOU NOT
    Then he said,
    “Brb to transfer the money. You’re going offline and online btw, it’s kind of annoying, maybe log out to help?”
    So I FUCKING DID
    AND BY DOING SO, IT CLEARED ALL THE MSN CHAT HISTORY
    AND THAT WAS THE LAST I SAW OF HIM. TO THIS DAY THE LIL ACTIVITY INDICATOR REMAINDS OFFLINE

The thing was, I wasn’t even mad
    The whole time I just marvelled over how much of an idiot I could be
    I told the two other people who were interested in the Mallow to be careful, since I got scammed
    One gave me his deepest sympathies, even warned me never to go back on there because it was so unsafe
    Then he offered to buy my username in NPs, said it was “really pretty”
    I thought, fuck it, might as well. Not going back on there in my life
    But as soon as I gave him my account info and started to impersonate me, that’s when I knew he was the same guy who scammed me
    Fuck you AustraliaA/UCSELLER_NEOPETS/The_White_Flag
    And RIP MASTER_GRUNDO117
    RIP luxira

I made a new friend @(you need an account to see links) on the forum at the same time this was all happening. I told her about how I got scammed, sold my identity essentially (lol) and she promised to expose him.
    I learned a lot about her, I learned she was kinda exactly like me
    My age, Asian, female, into Neopets and anime, basically has a variation of my last name, etc
    I miss her to this day but I quote @(you need an account to see links), you’ve fucked up too many times lol.
    You were a good friend though, I hope you think of me, Angela.

Anyways I made a new account on that forum and I don’t even know how it got past the PBM filters, but I did, and I bought from NeocashSella aka @(you need an account to see links). Embarrassed myself a few times, eventually got his Skype, and he got to know me a bit more
    I told him about the Mallow grundo ordeal and he suggested Clraik as it’s more Neo-friendly.
    I joined in December 30, this day a year ago, but I stayed quiet and lurked until I made an introductory thread
    And from then on, I had some of the best times of my life online. I met cool people like @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) and a lot more.

Idk this community is my own social media. I feel it’s doing a better job of raising me than if I frequented Facebook or Twitter or something. LOL
    I’ve learned a lot from you lot in cK’s class of 2012, keep being awesome <3
    @ the rest, you’re the next generation, make something of yourselves and leave an imprint if this place has affected you as much as it did to me

Thanks for everything so far, glad to make it to TCK and the GFX team

Before I start to be lamely emotional, here come the shoutouts, in literally no particular order
    I wish I coulda drew you all like @(you need an account to see links) but that would have killed me

@(you need an account to see links) I don’t regret meeting you at all, you mean so much so me. I feel truly comfortable when I’m with you. I don’t like taking care of people, but I love you so much that you’re one of the fewest of the few exceptions. I can’t believe you’re about to graduate ugh ;_______;
    I hope the feeling is mutual. I know you’re struggling with life and all that, but I also hope that one day we can be happy together like we were back then, both of us <3 AND WHOA YOU'RE LIKE 30 MINUTES AWAY FROM ME SO LETS TOTALLY HANG OUT ONE DAY AND SHOP TOGETHER BECAUSE WHY NOT?????

@(you need an account to see links) MY PRINCESS MY GODDESS

@(you need an account to see links) W H A T A R E T H E O D D S
    What are the odds I find someone on cK who is almost exactly like me (but gayer)
    You're dear to me Raj I know I can be difficult and hard to understand, so thank you for putting up with my shit
    Ily a lot, it amazes me how much our lives parallel almost so exactly
    Life's rough for you at home and I'm not the best at comforting but know that I am convinced you'll make it out alive, you're strong and smart
    You're my best friend, when I visit Chicago this summer let's try and meet, yeah?

@(you need an account to see links) You were the life of cK’s summer 2013 for me, <3 I don’t see enough of you these days but I hope this summer you’ll arise and reborn
    I am literally so so so grateful to you for all that you’ve done for me. Thank you so much for caring about me I hope life is treating you well.

@(you need an account to see links) ENJOY YOUR PET GURL you are a RAD artist, I'll be stalking it for sure

@(you need an account to see links) though we may never be, as we’re in a (somewhat) tragic parallel to Romeo and Juliet, ily I’m glad I met you. I remember seeing you on TC for the first time with Cathe and I was like holy shit this guy is the funniest dude ever I wANNA BE HIS FRIEND GOD DAMN WHY IS HE IGNORING ME AND WHY DID HE STEAL MY THREAD TITLE

THEN YOU MADE THAT THREAD ABOUT ANOHANA WE SUFFERED TOGETHER AND IT WAS LIKE LUV AT FIRST WATCH FOR THE BOTH OF US
    LET’S CONTINUE TO BE GREAT FRIENDS BBY

@(you need an account to see links) Omg haha I saw you on that Runescape forum as CatherineS, it's awesome to see you here on my level mwahahahaha
    YOU'RE SO PRECIOUS AW IM GLAD TO BE WORKING ALONGSIDE YOU AS GFX CLRAIK

@(you need an account to see links) I'm endlessly grateful to you for all that you've done, thank you for supporting me and my art even though I was so bad back then lmao I hope life is treating you well. Thank you thank you thank you ily

@(you need an account to see links) I dont think I was around for when everyone first got to know you, so it was like "who is this guy and why does everyone like him................" But I realized you're not too shabby of a guy. I hope you become successful Jessica you're pretty smart even if you cant spell also you're fun to talk to

@(you need an account to see links) steveeeeeeeeeee (◡‿◡✿) (◕‿◕✿) (✖╭╮✖) (≧◡≦) (�_�) (◑‿◐) (◕‿-) ✖‿✖ (-'_'-)
    (╯_╰) (╯3╰) (o_-) (�‿�) (◣_◢)
    �\_(ツ)_/�
    ~(๑�◡�๑)ノ
    (╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻)
    (。♥‿♥。)
    ヽ(゜∇゜)ノ
    (☞゚∀゚)☞
    (>•w•)>
    ❝lol❞

( ͡� ͜ʖ ͡�)

@(you need an account to see links) I've liked you from the beginning, you know
    Stay cool stay hot stay funny you sassy motherfucker

@(you need an account to see links)/Mrs @(you need an account to see links) SPIT THEM BARS LIKE THERES NO TOMORROW GYAL

@(you need an account to see links) you're really pretty and wow so cool and juggling your Pharm program in university at the same time
    You're my favourite cool cat (lady)
    @(you need an account to see links)xdakota OR WHATEVER YOUR USERNAME IS
    A LOVE OF RYAN'S IS A LOVE OF MINE SO HI ILY

@(you need an account to see links) you’re also almost as largely influential as Drizzy to my life simply because you’re so old and wise, seriously you don’t know how many lives you’ve saved here on clraik
    Congratulations on graduating school forever and I’m confident you’ll be successful. I wish you well in your future, I just hope you’ll live life happy. It’s the least you deserve and I could not thank you enough for your wisdom and I’m so glad I was around when we were both newbs l0l

@(you need an account to see links) used to be scared shitless of you like everyone else but then I realized you're a cute lil fierce ass tigress

@(you need an account to see links) JJJJEEEENNNAAA
    I miss you and its okay I forgive you for breaking Drizzy's heart lelz
    You're gorgeous sassy and cool ily

@(you need an account to see links) YOU HOE
    bbbbyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

@(you need an account to see links)/@mimi you're sharing a shoutout because you're like a gorgeous package deal 2 for 1
    Ily both, you're both really fun and I hope you stay with us for a long time <3

@(you need an account to see links) never knew you until the fated day we were paired up on Jolz's family tree, since then I've never looked back

@(you need an account to see links) I really hope things become sorted out in your life and I'm basically just here to give you encouragement <3 You can get through this, it's really tough but I have faith in you
    Good luck in Canada I hope you're prepared for the cold

@(you need an account to see links) omg one of my favourite filipinos sigh you're so adorable and cuddly I wish you were more active cause you'd rock the GFX team

@(you need an account to see links)/@Soul you also both share a shoutout because I feel both of you have really steered me in the right direction with my struggling faith, you are both special to me in that aspect, rock on my dudes and keep doing what you're doing

@(you need an account to see links) I know we left off on bad terms but please know I truly wish you and @(you need an account to see links) well...
    She's a good girl, and I know you're capable of taking care of her

@(you need an account to see links) I dont see you around here anymore so maybe that means you're busy getting some snatch irl???? lelz last I heard from you, things were rough but hang in there ♥ You can do it

@(you need an account to see links) DUDE I SAW FROZEN A WEEK AGO AND I WAS TOTALLY THINKING OF YOU THE ENTIRE TIME
    You should guess what character you reminded me of
    Anyways, just know I care about you and have a safe delivery on your baby
    You were a large portion of Summer TC's life IMO, ily

@(you need an account to see links) ayeeeeeeeeeeeee well look here, if it isn't cK's Calvin Klein model

@(you need an account to see links) I like you a lot you're really nice hehehehe

@(you need an account to see links) OH LORD IT'S LAUREN
    You were also the life of TC hahaha ILY so much girl
    I hope school is treating you better than before

@(you need an account to see links)/@Luck you guys share a shoutout because you're also a 2 for 1 package
    Loph your art is amazing keep doing watchu do,
    both of you party hard, you're both super fun

@(you need an account to see links) HIIIII I'm glad we're friends, you're my neo buddy ♥

@(you need an account to see links) HEY YOOOOOOU
    YOUR CODING AND LAYOUTS ARE WONDERFUL OMG IM SO JEALOUSSSSS you're my inspiration bby

@(you need an account to see links) hi it's been forever since I last talked to you but you're absolutely adorable

@(you need an account to see links) You’re the one who largely influences me the most. I’m trying my hardest to make you proud because I love you. Idk why or how special I was for you trust me as much as you do, but I really am grateful, I hope I make you proud at least sometimes and I should listen to you more because mommy really does know best #familyfirst

That concludes my Happy New Year/Year Anniversary post
    I tried to mention as many people as possible but it's a mad rush to get this in before my Jan 1st ends
    ILY STAY FROSTY
    Last edited by Maki; 01-01-2014 at 11:59 PM.

2. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Maki For This Useful Post:

|2eap (01-01-2014),Air (01-02-2014),Ana (01-02-2014),Banannie (01-02-2014),Cath (01-02-2014),Charlie (01-02-2014),DarkByte (01-02-2014),Demetri (01-01-2014),Dom~ (01-08-2014),Drizzy (01-02-2014),gnar (01-02-2014),goodieboy (01-02-2014),I_royalty_I (01-02-2014),Kad (01-02-2014),Lavendrae (01-02-2014),Misha (02-24-2014),Mod (01-01-2014),Mojo (01-03-2014),Naomi (01-02-2014),rachel (01-02-2014),Raj (01-01-2014),simmie (01-02-2014),Sociopath (01-02-2014),team rocket (01-02-2014),Wenis (01-01-2014),Whispers (01-02-2014)