278/0
    Mentioned
    222 times
    Time Online
    51d 7h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m

Fundraising Ideas.

Ok so not many people will be aware but my grandmother passed away Christmas Day 2013. She had a stroke around 3 years ago which had accelerated underlying Dementia. We tried to care for her in our home but she became very distressed and confused. She was referred to a Care Home in which she became progressively worse. She began to lose all understanding and in the past few years she became nearly fully blind and got to a stage when she didn't recognise us. In the 22nd December she was taken to hospital with a suspected bug after vomitting all night, she got progressively worse and we were told she had bowel obstructions. She needed surgery but at 7 stone was too weak to be a candidate. She passed just after 10 on christmas day and to say we are heart broken is an understatement. Although I am relieved she didn't have to spend the rest of her life in a care home, it's no quality of life for anybody.

Me and my brother decided we want to do something in her memory, my brother is extremely overweight and this whole thing has scared him into action, we are doing a sponsored weight loss. I want to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight as I have let myself get in to a horrible state this past year and a half and he wants to lose 7 stone in 7 month which is achievable at his size.

I was wondering if anybody had any unique fund raising ideas in order to raise money for Alzheimers Society, we have so far raised �75 which is over $100 for you Americans.
    (you need an account to see links)

Any ideas and tips are welcome.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Elmo For This Useful Post:

Nath (01-01-2014)