62/0
    Mentioned
    124 times
    Time Online
    23d 9h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m

Plastic Surgery

Are you against it? Where do you stand on it?

Last year I had a rhinoplasty (nose job) and it has really changed my life. (sadly)

Just wondering what your ideas and thoughts on it are.

I did it because I realized it was effecting my personality and my happiness.

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

before and afters:

Notes:
    I owe Maditude: $15.00 : Paid
    I owe Lee $40.00 : Paid
    Juanstin owes: -Paid- Sweetheart
    autographe owes: $44.50

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    35d 14h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    You say 'it really changed my life (sadly)'. Why sad about it?

Ever since I was about 13 years old, I've realized I don't like the way my nose looks; there's this little bump on it. Every time I see myself in the mirror, my eyes are drawn immediately to my nose. I've made up my mind long ago: soon as I get the money I'm getting that nose 'fixed'. Sure, I don't like how our society is so focused on looking good and all, but here's how I think about it: I only live once, and I want to make the best of it. So yeah, that also means I want to look my best. And my nose the way I currently have it, is not part of how I'd like to look.

I do think it's very sad the way some people's lifes are absorbed by a desire to look ~perfect~, whatever that may be. Some movie/popstars come to mind.

Have to say though, I like the way your nose looks before the surgery. It's cute. Still nice afterwards, but I don't think you should have been insecure about it (you should see my nose~)
    Last edited by Snow; 12-28-2013 at 02:11 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Snow For This Useful Post:

Pookie (12-28-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    256 times
    Time Online
    53d 13h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    I support it and anyone who gets any. I know a girl from hs who had a large nose and had it corrected, it was as if it was the missing piece to her beauty.
    I wanted to get buttock augmentation with implants as the easy way out but the best surgeon around here -starts- at 14k. For now ill shred my glutes lunging across my acreage.
    It's not sad that it changed your life. You took something and you improved it to better yourself.. That is noble imo

u 'mirin?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    2d 5h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Balding early, I've contemplated the same thing for a hair transplant...idk how I'll feel when the time comes, but i guess it really just depends on how severe the plastic surgery is on how I'd feel about it...things like what you had done dont seem too major and its honestly not even noticeable post surgery, so as long as you're happy with it

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    2d 11h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    What do you mean it changed your life sadly? I had a rhinoplasty, it turned out horrible and I had a revision I am not against it, but it is a risk. Surgeons are people, and people in my opinion are not at all trustworthy. Most people suck. So my first surgeon did suck and he didn't care about my wishes. My nose was worse than my before nose, i was left with an overly narrow and crooked bridge and bulbous tip. even my friends (male) stopped talking to me when i went back to school... i guess they're shallow. but i had to deal with depression for a year and every single day was hell for me. i changed my major in college because it was performing arts... and i'd been very successful at it. My life paused for a year basically. Revision was alright, but going through all that again was hell. I feel like rhinoplasty took two years of my life and turned it into hell when it was supposed to make it better...

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

I am a very strong girl I must say. But my weakness has always been my nose. I just had a problem with it. I believe it is because I am an overly perfectionist person. I look at human body and spirit as artwork, and In my head my taste is a certain way. Baby-like, pure looking, etc. And my nose had a very unique bump and droopy tip. But now I realize it made my face unique. I got the roles I wanted because of it. I didn't look like anyone else. Now I can say I look like a lot of people which is sad.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    62/0
    Mentioned
    124 times
    Time Online
    23d 9h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    i feel very similiar to you guys i paid 7k for mine tho..

i said sadly becuase most my friends and fam were against it calling it vanity

Notes:
    I owe Maditude: $15.00 : Paid
    I owe Lee $40.00 : Paid
    Juanstin owes: -Paid- Sweetheart
    autographe owes: $44.50

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    278/0
    Mentioned
    222 times
    Time Online
    51d 7h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    I had a breast reduction last year, but that was 90% health. They were absolutely huge, to the point where my spine was becoming damaged off the strain. They are still scarred pretty bad but the difference is amazing. Before the op I couldn't even lift my son because of the pain.

The only other surgery I would consider is if something on my face bothered me, Nose jobs are amazing if you are unhappy with it imo.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    2d 11h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    It is quite nice to see that I'm not the only one who has had a plastic surgery done. It is pretty common... I hope it lasts a lifetime tho. GRAVITY
    My life is circled around not people but dreams
    I live in my own head
    A little bit mental for most people
    But I'd say... If I can be happy like this then why care?

Best dream so far: 27.12.13 *most detailed one*
    <3

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    278/0
    Mentioned
    222 times
    Time Online
    51d 7h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Tbh, I don't give a hoots what they look like, I didn't pay a penny for my op and as I said, it was all for medical purposes, the back pain was stopping me from working etc as I couldn't stand for long.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    3d 23h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I plan on getting a boob job one day, nothing big but to make them firmer and bring them up higher. After two kids and breast feeding/pumping they aren't that great at the moment.

OOOOAAARRGGHH!!