Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about reviewing scores.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Time Online
    2 d 3 h 29 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 m

Question about reviewing scores.

I just used AoB for a game to get a decent score and didn't realize when I sent it, it was a few points below the top score. Normally I'd say eh whatever, but My account isnt 1yr+. I don't use other cheats or have any shells, so transferring my stuff won't work. What are my chances of being frozen? Only thing I used was infinite lives and the game's score relies mainly on luck, normally. What do you think are my chances of ending up with a trophy, or being frozen? -,-

Some forested area
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,110 Times in 504 Posts

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Time Online
    48 d 22 h 11 m
    Avg. Time Online
    37 m
    I remember someone got frozen because they cheated at a game at the end of the month and ended up getting top score but I aint about that life so not 100% sure, a person more educated on the matter will chime in

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Time Online
    2 d 3 h 29 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 m
    Quote Originally Posted by Miri View Post
    I remember someone got frozen because they cheated at a game at the end of the month and ended up getting top score but I aint about that life so not 100% sure, a person more educated on the matter will chime in
    Eesh...it IS the end of the month....Honestly, I just made this thread to give myself some sense of relief (hopefully). Game's luck, I spent the appropriate time playing it, so it SHOULDN'T be an issue, but I hope I don't get reviewed by some banhammer-happy TNT member. Figured I'd get some feedback from you guys because you're more well-seasoned with this stuff than I am.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Time Online
    70 d 12 h 25 m
    Avg. Time Online
    53 m
    if the score was legitimate and the timing was right, I would think you'd be okay. I've heard a lot that using an aob seems to be safer than scoresending, and I've passed plenty of reviews with legitimate looking score sending.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Time Online
    2 d 3 h 29 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 m
    Quote Originally Posted by Peta View Post
    if the score was legitimate and the timing was right, I would think you'd be okay. I've heard a lot that using an aob seems to be safer than scoresending, and I've passed plenty of reviews with legitimate looking score sending.
    Yeah I didn't even use a scoresender. The score was achieved through playing (....with the help of a few extra lives), but I played it properly up to the score (and its one of those that the game/level doesnt pause when you lose a life). Is there any way with the score sent that they can see how many lives i had left, or how many i SHOULD have lost? Thats the only way i think i could get frozen...i should have paid more attention lol it sucks cuz it was only a few points higher than the avatar, but still a reviewable avatar.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Time Online
    15 d 1 h 56 m
    Avg. Time Online
    12 m
    I say that you will be ok the review will pass, so don't be escared unless that the game has a cap on the scores you will be fine other way you are screwed

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Time Online
    70 d 12 h 25 m
    Avg. Time Online
    53 m
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropbear View Post
    Yeah I didn't even use a scoresender. The score was achieved through playing (....with the help of a few extra lives), but I played it properly up to the score (and its one of those that the game/level doesnt pause when you lose a life). Is there any way with the score sent that they can see how many lives i had left, or how many i SHOULD have lost? Thats the only way i think i could get frozen...i should have paid more attention lol it sucks cuz it was only a few points higher than the avatar, but still a reviewable avatar.
    I'm not sure on the technicalities as for whether they can check, but my assumption is they won't even bother if it looks legit.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Time Online
    2 d 3 h 29 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 m
    Quote Originally Posted by Peta View Post
    I'm not sure on the technicalities as for whether they can check, but my assumption is they won't even bother if it looks legit.
    It probably looks legit enough. there was a score higher than mine. Thanks for the feedback, helped me relax a little.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Time Online
    7 d 7 h 36 m
    Avg. Time Online
    5 m
    Hi, I was wondering what game you got reviewed on? I mean I panicked when I aobd 145 for extreme potato counter, everything was fine after 2 days. I'm sure you will be be fine if it was time consuming. You will just have to wait it out my man!

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Time Online
    4 d 6 h 35 m
    Avg. Time Online
    3 m
    Don't worry about this. My account is under a year old and I've had 5 scores reviewed with aob. As long as they are possible, and within two standard deviations (I believe, with regard to the time it took you to achieve the score), I think it will be accepted. I should also say that I have 45-50 trophies using strictly aob, all of the game avatars, etc and I have yet to be frozen. Although I do not recommend this, it is possible.

That's if neopets uses the 68/95/99.7 rule that is used in Statistics. If the time you took to send fell 3 standard deviations from the mean time, their algorithm might freeze you as there is only (technically) a 0.3% chance of someone getting a score like that.

I personally believe in the fact that their algorithm uses the 3 standard deviation rule. If it falls outside of 3 standard deviations, they probably auto-freeze you.

But then again, maybe I'm way off base.
    Last edited by bml0624; 12-26-2013 at 06:46 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast