Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: There's not a book section.. so.. Anyone read fantasy?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    381 times
    Time Online
    51d 10h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    I agree, it's nice to know others who feel the same about these books and can chat about them.
    @(you need an account to see links) You are in for a treat with those books. I have the feeling where I want to forget reading them just so I can read them again and be surprised or delighted all over again. xD!!
    @(you need an account to see links) I have heard good things about the Shanaarra series! I'm going to go look those up now and put them on my list.

Fantasy is seriously where the heart is. It's what got me into being online as well as so many other things.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lyric For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (12-23-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    57/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    12d 11h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I like reading and I have read the Harry Potter books. But I'm more into

Stephen King
    - Misery
    - Dreamcatcher
    - Cujo
    - Christine
    - Carrie

Jack Ketchum
    - The Girl Next Door
    - She Wakes
    - Only Child
    - Book of Souls

Clive Barker
    - The Hellbound Heart
    - Abarat
    - Books of Blood Volume 1
    - The Inhuman Condition

Ah there are far to many of the greats, that I've read to mention. Wish I had more time for it now.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    4d 18h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    Ive never heard of the anders before, so that must be a different one! I guess I have a great book to look forward to eh? Haha
    Its the next one. Soul of the Fire. It just throws you for a loop because a great portion of the book isn't from Richard's or Kahlan's point of view. It all makes sense, and every side story that Goodkind tells definitely fits in with the overall plot, but it's a struggle to read if you've become very attached to Richard and Kahlan.

Also the website (you need an account to see links) has all the information on the books. Theres definitely spoilers. But if you're not understanding a link between characters or just wanna browse I go on there it's interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Lyric View Post
    I agree, it's nice to know others who feel the same about these books and can chat about them.
    @(you need an account to see links) You are in for a treat with those books. I have the feeling where I want to forget reading them just so I can read them again and be surprised or delighted all over again. xD!!
    @(you need an account to see links) I have heard good things about the Shanaarra series! I'm going to go look those up now and put them on my list.

Fantasy is seriously where the heart is. It's what got me into being online as well as so many other things.
    Well I've always been online for a number of things on different forums but it seems that where there are common interests on a forum (such as neo here) people may also have other similar interests! So I thought I'd branch out. The crazy thing is one time i stumbled across this poll trying to find the next series to read. I've read that the SOT isn't even that good compared to others and that it even is sort of a ripoff from World of Time i think it is called. So I definitely need to go read these other series to see which is the best.
    (you need an account to see links)

Quote Originally Posted by kiyomi View Post
    I like reading and I have read the Harry Potter books. But I'm more into

Stephen King
    - Misery
    - Dreamcatcher
    - Cujo
    - Christine
    - Carrie

Jack Ketchum
    - The Girl Next Door
    - She Wakes
    - Only Child
    - Book of Souls

Clive Barker
    - The Hellbound Heart
    - Abarat
    - Books of Blood Volume 1
    - The Inhuman Condition

Ah there are far to many of the greats, that I've read to mention. Wish I had more time for it now.
    I liked the Harry Potter movies but the way that Rowling portrayed wizards in the book always seemed sort of weak to me. Idk what it is. Maybe because the main characters are young. All the rest of the books you've listed seem so grown up! I've never read any of them but have heard of Barker and King. And seen a bunch of King movies.

---How to EASILY get free unactive unreg neopets accounts!!---
    ---How to find certain pets and accounts using Google!---

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    57/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    12d 11h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    @(you need an account to see links) Yea, I read quite a few of the books I listed when I was a teenager.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    23d 18h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I like Harry Potter movies too, but never have the interest to finish the books. xD

I enjoyed reading The Book of Deacon trilogy by Joseph Lallo. Got the first book as a free ebook, but I liked it so much (and am curious about the ending) that I bought the other two copies. The books need some professional editing, some typo here and there, but overall the story is great. I like the magical creatures in the stories and their personalities. In the author's note, he said that he would write more stories around the characters in the trilogy, but I have yet the time to check them out.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    5h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I love the Magic the gathering books. I spent 10 bucks at a Flea Mall in Alabama and got 12 books what a deal! also got 10 Tom Clancey books for 6

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 17h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I've recently read some Franz Khafka and actually liked D: