39/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    4d 6h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

SPAM SPAM SPAM RANDUMB THOUGHT

Now that I have got your full attention, am I one of the only ones with a twisted view on what humor is? I almost can't laugh at regular shit anymore...it's really bad.

Someone will tell a funny joke (clean or dirty) and I won't even smile...yet when I was bored and looking up Disney deaths, I laughed my ass off reading about a maintenance working getting crushed by the boat in "It's a Small World" at Euro Disney. It was so ironic...I could picture the horror on his face as that song was playing...

Is that fucked up, am I fucked up, or is it just normal because as a society, we are so desensitized towards violence? I'm not a very violent person myself (some anger issues, I'd admit) and I was raised where I wasn't allowed to even watch TV-14 movies until I was 14-15. I didn't see my first R movie until I was 16...and it was Borat! (I sneaked in)

Anyways, sorry if I offended anyone, but then again, this is a spam thread, right?

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Oh, I also told this to my grandmother (81 year old WWII survivor from Brussels, Belgium) and my normally really reserved aunt and they both laughed...or chuckled.

Yes, I can talk about this stuff with them.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    71 times
    Time Online
    26d 18h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Dry brains?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    That's messed, opie.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    4d 6h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I had thought that dry brain was due in part to old age. I was referring to myself in particular and society in general. I understand that cognitive decline may start as soon as one's early 20's, but does that cause our sense of humor to change? Or is it something ingrained within our personalities?

If you were referring to the age of my grandmother, cognitively speaking, she's on par with people a quarter of her age. I have no problem discussing mythology, languages, and socio-political issues of the day with her. An attempt at sarcasm wasn't clearly understood. does_not_compute
    Last edited by bml0624; 12-22-2013 at 11:53 PM.