10/0
    Mentioned
    461 times
    Time Online
    69d 14h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropbear View Post
    Im pretty sure it would be pronounced like Matthew, right? Not that foreign Congrats on the engagement! How is law school? I graduated with psych and frankly I hated the jobs. Going back for a 2nd bachelors in accounting now and hoping I'll be able to succeed lol.
    Oh no... Not matthew.. that'd be so easy right.

(you need an account to see links)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Maths For This Useful Post:

Cath (12-23-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    but the job market for it is really an eye opener
    I feel you man, interest =/= success in the industry right now.

Without a grad degree, you won't get very far or many relevant jobs to it; the most I can find here is part-time behavioral aide work.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,191 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post

Without a grad degree, you won't get very far or many relevant jobs to it; the most I can find here is part-time behavioral aide work.
    Why don't you guys do a grad degree then?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by katzes View Post
    Because I'm a dumbass.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,191 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    Because I'm a dumbass.
    wow not true

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    2d 5h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Is it only because of the jobs after you're done with the classes? In what country do you live anyway? It might not be the same where I am though. ;o
    I'm in America. I did social service jobs, and frankly the only community that will really need your help will be the ones who want absolutely nothing to do with you, make you work ridiculous hours just to get NOTHING accomplished, followed by unpaid overtime consistently. Its just stressful to no end and the endgame looks bleak regardless. Even with a masters degree, the end still doesn't yield anywhere near the effort that needs to be applied. It was my passion, then became the main stressor in my life to the point where I literally just said that I couldn't do it anymore. While some people love the job, It wasn't for me. I worked with a bunch of older people who consistently complained about them not being able to pay bills or buy lunch because they had no money left the day after payday....I just wouldn't let myself become like that, its too chaotic and uncomfortable. Feel free to message me if you have any questions, I'll be more than happy to answer anything with my experience thus far. And of course, my experience isn't everyones, so please don't grow discouraged to follow something you might be excellent at and enjoy.

My friend graduated with a bachelors in psych with some business classes (not even a minor) and got a job immediately after graduating for 70k+, more than half of what I was offered. Thats what made me decide to go back for a second bachelors. I just can't get by with that, and I'm still not living on my own yet.

Lets put it this way, the average salary for the second bachelors im going for is the average CAP for a masters in the field I WANTED to pursue. We live in a society where the mental health service field is vastly unappreciated and undercompensated. Its sad, but reality.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,191 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    Aw @(you need an account to see links), I guess it just wasn't for you then.
    I'm studying to become a neuropsychologist, so I don't think this is going to be the same conditions as you just explained.
    I spent the day with one last week and adored it. I know this is what passionate me, and what I want to do with my life.
    Hopefully you'll find soon what's for you too <3!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    2d 5h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Aw @(you need an account to see links), I guess it just wasn't for you then.
    I'm studying to become a neuropsychologist, so I don't think this is going to be the same conditions as you just explained.
    I spent the day with one last week and adored it. I know this is what passionate me, and what I want to do with my life.
    Hopefully you'll find soon what's for you too <3!
    Well, thats a bit different! I wanted to go for licensed therapy, private office kinda thing....but its just so unlikely to be successful with that, especially on your own. I personally know a neuropsychologist/psychiatrist (Dual degree), hes super successful. Good luck How far into schooling are you??

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,191 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    Well, thats a bit different! I wanted to go for licensed therapy, private office kinda thing....but its just so unlikely to be successful with that, especially on your own. I personally know a neuropsychologist/psychiatrist (Dual degree), hes super successful. Good luck How far into schooling are you??
    I'm just starting next year so I have a long way to go ! But I am very determined, so it will be fine.