21/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    62d 11h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    44m

Post Kingdom Hearts 3 thoughts

Well, I've waited for this game for so long, and my mind is already clear to rate it:

What do you think?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    9d 10h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I'm surprised no one's chimed in yet, but as someone who's been waiting for KH3 pretty much since I finished KH2 back in 2006, I definitely have some feelings about this latest installment.

In spite of the above rant, I really did love the game for what it was - I guess after all these years I was just expecting more for the characters I've come to know and love for more than half of my life.
    If all else fails, use fire.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jasokes For This Useful Post:

Midas (02-16-2019)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    62d 11h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    44m
    Quote Originally Posted by jasokes View Post
    I'm surprised no one's chimed in yet, but as someone who's been waiting for KH3 pretty much since I finished KH2 back in 2006, I definitely have some feelings about this latest installment.

In spite of the above rant, I really did love the game for what it was - I guess after all these years I was just expecting more for the characters I've come to know and love for more than half of my life.
    Last edited by Midas; 02-16-2019 at 02:05 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    56d 5h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    I was looking forward to the game for months and I finally got started but the character interactions and dialogue are so awkward and cringey that it’s making it difficult for me to sit through the cutscenes. It’s been years since I played the previous kh games so I can’t remember if it’s similar, but they didn’t have to stay /that/ faithful to the older games lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Midas (02-22-2019)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    16d 10h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I agree with all of the above. The whole game was really fun, don't get me wrong, but the plot felt... cheap? Also, I wish that they'd matured the characters someone and made the story a little deeper other than the typical "hearts, darkness, kingdom hearts, friendship, hearts, heartless, keyblade, power"... I mean, Sora and the gang have clearly grown up, physically, since the previous games, but they still act exactly the same. Same childish speech, behavior, and naive logic. It's like their minds are stuck in the same state as when they were 11. It would've been nice if they'd made the dialogue a little less cringy. Considering the fact that their playerbase has LITERALLY grown up in the time we've been waiting for the next installation, it's weird they chose to keep with the lighthearted, childish theme of the first few games. I know they know that 85% of the people playing these games are adults now. It's like they want to make us feel uncomfortable while taking on the story of a prepubescent child lol. I just feel like it's a missed opportunity for the future of the series.

Also... it was REALLY easy. I feel like the Disney Attraction Flows are so overpowered that they make the game a little too easy. I mean I get that they really wanted to push the Disney thing, but jeez... it was a bit heavy-handed. I actually stopped using them at some point in the game. Also, no critical mode? Why? Even 2.8 had critical mode...

Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed the game. It was super fun to play & it gave me all the feels to be back with our beloved characters on another adventure... I just wish the adventure wasn't the exact same adventure they've been on time & time again. The plot was almost non-existent and I feel that they could've done more with it. Poor Kairi. They literally chose to bring "dead" female characters back to life & give them meaningful side stories before even fleshing out Kairi's story lol.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dasvidaniya For This Useful Post:

Midas (02-22-2019)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    62d 11h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    44m
    I love this Community. I've been attacked so bad in Reddit and relatives for sharing this thoughts.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    146 times
    Time Online
    28d 22h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Owl For This Useful Post:

Midas (02-22-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Nice to see people who aren't crazy fanboys. The game was fun, but it had problems. I played all the KH games 3-4 times from start to finish, but I don't feel the urge to touch this one ever again.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cutlip For This Useful Post:

Midas (03-06-2019)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    62d 11h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    44m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutlip View Post
    Nice to see people who aren't crazy fanboys. The game was fun, but it had problems. I played all the KH games 3-4 times from start to finish, but I don't feel the urge to touch this one ever again.
    Not until the Gameplay DLCs incoming. Nomura is gonna fix some plot holes and will introduce the Critical Mode, finally.
    Final Mix, here we go...