1/0
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    8d 9h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m

[GUIDE] How to find stuck pets in the Pound

I am quite surprised to find that there is no guide for this on clraik. This guide will show you how to search for pets by species, color, existance of a petpet, or stats.

How it works

Finding stuck pets is surprisingly easy, but requires alot of patience, as you will sometimes have to search for a long time before you get lucky. Most of the time your patience is rewarded - you can find some really rare pets stuck in the pound, even UC's (incredibly rare)!! First thing you need to do is open your preferred search engine. I am most aquainted with Google, so that is what I will be using. Click on "go advanced" and copy and paste the text. Each section below will show you how to search for pets by stats, species, color, or petpet.

**PLEASE NOTE THIS WILL NOT WORK FOR PETS WHO DO NOT HAVE A CACHE

Searching by Species

Searching by species is the easiest method, as these texts appear on every pet's page. Simply copy and past the text provided and click search.

**PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING SPECIES ARE NOT SEARCHABLE USING THIS METHOD**
    Gnorbu
    Korbat
    Poogle
    Techo
    Tuskaninny

Acara
    Most weekends my owner takes me to the seaside and I go diving for treasure. none tells me I am a really good diver, although I haven't found anything remarkable yet. I will though, just you wait and see!

Aisha
    This is my school photo, it is really yucky, but for some stupid reason none thinks its great and loves to show it to everyone.

Blumaroo
    My owner, none, told me that we blumaroos are the most athletic of all the pets in Neopia! With my tail, I can leap and hop all over the place.

Bori
    I live with my owner, none in a very nice little Neohome. none is an avid plushie collector so we often visit the Toy Shop to see what new things they have in stock.

Bruce
    My owner, none, takes me every year. Last year I didn't do so well because my flippers kept getting in the way. This year is a different story, well, I sure hope it is.

Buzz
    and I my proud owner is none! I am here to tell you all about me and why Buzz are great! I'ld like to begin by setting a few facts straight.

Chia
    For my birthday my owner, none, bought me a fantastic trampoline. I invited all the Chias down my road over to our neohome and we had a great party.

Chomby
    This is none's best photo of me! Aren't I a charmer

Cybunny
    I am a very lucky Cybunny with a great owner called none. This is a rather fetching picture of me that was taken quite recently.

Draik
    My owner, none says I am very special as I am rare, although there are thousands of Draiks where I come from so I don't really understand...

Elephante
    I have a fantastic owner called none, who takes great care of me. We have gone on many travels around Neopia. I have seen Terror Mountain, Tyrannia and Mystery Island.

Eyrie
    I love my owner, none so very much. Im so glad you have come to my Web Page. Isn't it the Greatest.

Flotsam
    Every summer I go on holiday with my owner. none hires a huge boat
    and we go sailing far far away.

Gelert
    I have a fantastic owner called none, who takes great care of me. The name Gelert is after a famous hero who died for his owner.

Grarrl
    Grarrls are ferocious creatures and I am no exception (well unless you are my friend). My owner, none says that I am a very fast learner.

Grundo
    but my owner, none has told me all about it. They say if I don't be a good Grundo Dr Sloth may come and get me again so I try my best to be good!

Hissi
    I may not look as cute as a Cybunny or Usul, but Hissies are by no means spiteful or nasty. Just ask my owner none

Ixi
    My owner none, says I am a little minx, whatever that means. Hmpf, I think I am a very well-behaved little Ixi, I mean its not my fault if a few silly Neopets can't take a joke.

Jetsam
    If you enjoy dining on the tastier neopets, as I do, contact my owner none and maybe we can go out hunting sometime.

JubJub
    If you want to know more about me or want to be neofriends with my owner, none, just click on their name. Anyway I have to go.

Kacheek
    site:neopets.com Welcome to my flower patch!
    This is my most favourite place in Neopia because it is filled with flowers and pretty smells. "My owner is none"

Kau
    My owner is none" I love going to school in the morning, because all my friends walk to school together. But the funniest thing is still practicing and sparring with my Kau friends after school. site:neopets.com

Kiko
    I also love to go to theme parks. Last summer none took me to this huge water park. It had slides, fountains and hundreds of swimming pools.

Koi
    One time we even went to the Mystery Island for vacation and took a peophin pleasure cruise! If you want to come and play with me, or go adventuring, just neomessage none!

Kougra
    Kougra's originally come from Mystery Island. Occasionally I go for picnics there with my owner none.

Krawk
    none had a bit of a shock when they saw me next, but we both realised I must be a very special Neopet as I had never heard of anything like this happening before.

Kyrii
    Welcome to the coolest homepage in NeoPets! I'm a kyrii, the slickest, most daring, and (overall) coolest species of Neopia. "Owner: none" site:neopets.com

Lenny
    Well thats about it from me, toodle pip! If you want to talk to my owner, why don't your drop them a Neomessage - none!

Lupe
    Would you like to know more about, none, my owner? You should Neomail them. They would like that very much.

Meerca
    This is none's best photo of me! It's not very good, since I was having a bad tail day. Isn't my tail lovely and long

Moehog
    Check out some more info, none.

Mynci
    We Myncis are naturally the strongest species in Neopia, much stronger than those nasty Skeiths! "My owner, none" site:neopets.com

Nimmo
    This is my very own webpage that my owner none helped me create.

Ogrin
    You'll hardly ever find an Ogrin who prefers to rough it outdoors. That is why I was quite pleased when none decided to adopt me.

Peophin
    Feel free to look around at your leisure, if you have any questions, why not drop a neomail to my owner none?

Pteri
    I was born in Tyrannia, a very interesting place where anything can happen! Now and again none takes me back to Tyrannia and I go to see a rock concert.

Quiggle
    I am pretty new around here, but if you want to get together and maybe catch some bands at the Rock Concert or something, why not Neomessage my owner, none.

Ruki
    I try to visit the Lost Desert as often as I can although none thinks its a bit too hot and dry to live there.

Scorchio
    I come from a long line of Scorchio's that originally came from the hot Volcanic region in Tyrannia. I am now living with my owner none who is very kind to me.

Shoyru
    My owner, none, taught me how to fly. I wasn't too good at first, but with a lot of practice I can now take off and land with ease.

Skeith
    My name is Skeith and I am the strongest, toughest, bravest Skeith that ever lived. (Or so my owner none says anyway).

Tonu
    Did you know that Tonu are EXTREMELY rare and come from a very special part of Tyrannia... My owner, none told me that.

Uni
    I am not just a pretty face however, I read books regularly and once a week none takes me to the Neopian Battledome to watch the tournament.

Usul
    I think I am quite fit and healthy. My owner, none makes me work out in the Gym and practice in the Battledome to keep in shape.

Wocky
    none always likes to take me out for a walk to show me off to all the other pet owners. This is what I look like:

Xweetok
    Some of us prefer the city life and comfort of Neohomes, though. That's why I was so happy when none adopted me! I really enjoy sleeping in a nice, cozy bed and sipping hot chocolate by the fireplace.

Yurble
    Anyway that is about all from me, none is yelling at me to tidy my room so I have to go.

Zafara
    This is a picture of me that none took. They think I look really cute in it, but I don't really like it. My fur looks all messy and I am not even looking at the camera!

Any species
    Species" Neopet Lookup gender "owner: in the Pound" site:neopets.com
    (replace the word "species" with whatever species you want to search for)

Searching by Color

You can also search for pets by their color. Just replace the word "color" with whatever color you are searching for, and any pets in the pound by that color can be found. For instance, "the royal" or "the grey".

Copy & Paste
    the Color" Neopet Lookup gender "owner: in the Pound" site:neopets.com

Searching by PetPet

You can search for pets by whether or not they have a certain petpet. Just replace "petpet name" with whatever petpet you are searching for. This is a great way to find avatar pets!

Copy & Paste
    has a Petpet!" petpet name Neopet Lookup gender "owner: in the Pound" site:neopets.com

Searching by Stats

You can also search for pets by their stats - this method is the one that requires the most patience. First thing you need to do is decide what you are going to search by. (Level, defense, intelligence, etc) Just replace "stat: statlevel" with whatever stat you are looking for. For example, if I was trying to search by defense, I would replace it with "defense: excellent". (for level, do "level: #")

Copy & Paste
    stat: statlevel Neopet Lookup gender "owner: in the Pound" site:neopets.com

Last edited by futoss; 12-20-2013 at 12:01 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to futoss For This Useful Post:

Ban (12-20-2013),Lindsay (11-10-2014),LumosFoxx (07-06-2018),Snoop Lion (12-20-2013),wrath (12-20-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    This assumes the pet page has been cached for those wondering why you would search on google/yahoo/etc. Good guide. +rep

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    8d 9h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Thank you, @(you need an account to see links)! So does that mean this wouldn't work if the pet was not cached?

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

also, it seems like you know alot more than I do lol if u could check out my other guides and see if i'm missing anything, I would be ever so grateful, and I would rep you as well (:

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    @(you need an account to see links) if I search one of the UC's I own, even with "NAME", nothing comes up on google. It would be the same effect if the pet was not cached to my understanding.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wrath For This Useful Post:

futoss (12-20-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    8d 9h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    @(you need an account to see links) ok so UC's and non-cached pets don't work? I just want to make sure cause i'm going to add it to the guide (:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    57/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    12d 11h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    It would be nice if you gave credit where credit was due, by at least mentioning it was someone elses guide. (you need an account to see links) Has had this guide up for years. Same with other guides you've posted, you've never given proper credit. People put alot of time and effort into their findings. If you can't link to the person that's one thing, but to not even mention that it was someone elses guide, that's not acceptable.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by futoss View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) ok so UC's and non-cached pets don't work? I just want to make sure cause i'm going to add it to the guide (:
    A cached UC would work. My UC's are not cached, this is why they can't be searched.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to wrath For This Useful Post:

futoss (12-20-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    970 times
    Time Online
    279d 7h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 36m
    Quote Originally Posted by kiyomi View Post
    It would be nice if you gave credit where credit was due, by at least mentioning it was someone elses guide. (you need an account to see links) Has had this guide up for years. Same with other guides you've posted, you've never given proper credit. People put alot of time and effort into their findings. If you can't link to the person that's one thing, but to not even mention that it was someone elses guide, that's not acceptable.
    Looking over this guide and the site, I'd have to rule in favor of Futoss. While the topic is the same, and there's only one way to search for a pet, so of course the general information would have to be the same, it's completely rewritten. I understand the frustration, but one person writing a guide on the internet for one subject does not mean that information is permenantly seized by then and no one else can use that same information. If it's the way the process works, it's the same way that everyone has to describe it.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kylae For This Useful Post:

futoss (12-20-2013),Snoop Lion (12-20-2013)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    207/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    49d 16h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    @(you need an account to see links) Couldn't have said it better myself, Nice guide bby @(you need an account to see links)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Snoop Lion For This Useful Post:

futoss (12-20-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    8d 9h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    @(you need an account to see links), @(you need an account to see links), i'm doing my best to refrain from insulting words aimed at @(you need an account to see links), but this girl is honestly just a hater I PM'ed her explaining about REP cause she was new and had mentioned on several boards that myself and several others had helped her out, but she didn't rep them.. I just assumed she didn't know because of her account age. She took it as I was asking for rep, and told me to go read the rules. I was legit just trying to be nice and help out a n00b.. She's just like that, I ignore her (: She actually tattled on me and informed the mods! haha, idc it doesn't bother me, she's just not going to make any friends around here if she keeps behaving like that.. we don't like tattle-tales here on clraik

As Kylae stated, I did not invent ANY of the information in my guides, nor did the people who "posted them first". I simply gather the available information and compile it in a guide so others on THIS SITE can access said information. I never claimed credit for any of it. I get whatever information I put onto my guides from many places around the interwebs, and I go through alot of pages before I put something in. The people that made other guides on the internet do the same thing, so I suggest you go yell at every single one of them as well, sweetie. Thank you guys for having my back though, I appreciate it! <3

Also, @(you need an account to see links), I will add this to the guide, I appreciate the information!