DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    23d 11h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Thanks everyone. I've decided that her last message was just too hurtful and I don't want to answer.
    I don't care how that affects her. She is responsible for her actions and she needs to learn that talking like that is not okay.

^^ Thanks to Menine for the icon & Gremlin for this userbar!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Crow For This Useful Post:

Lavendrae (12-16-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    Thanks everyone. I've decided that her last message was just too hurtful and I don't want to answer.
    I don't care how that affects her. She is responsible for her actions and she needs to learn that talking like that is not okay.
    I lived with this one girl last year who was a complete bitch to her friends, family and roommates for awhile. One night two of my friends left her a drunk voicemail by accident (they called because they were supposed to stay at her house) where they rambled on about how they felt. She heard this, and sort of disappeared for awhile. Almost six months later she came around for my birthday and she was a COMPLETELY different person. She acted nicer/cooler and looked amazing. Maybe this girl needs a good ol' reality check.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bettser For This Useful Post:

Crow (12-17-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Banannie View Post
    Roommates are strange. I once lived with a dude in a wheelchair who would run his chair into the corners of the walls. He took a shit on my couch and left it in a bag, used to pour urinal piss onto the dirsty dishes.
    Had another roomie after that who used to beat up homeless people, tried to beat up my boy at one point, too. They all started out normal, but eventually used excuses and diversion tactics to validate their strange actions. (I'm not trying to one up you with my stories here, only trying to point out that they started off doing overly dramatic stuff like your friend and it eventually escalated. People can become 'comfortable' acting like dickwads if they are allowed to get away with it the first time.)

Watch yourself there. If this chick is getting too wacky I would look to move out once the lease is up. Let her have her fun being a child and don't play in to it at all. People that get that extreme over small things can/possibly are, mentally ill and you should not have to deal with that.

This sounds like a very toxic friendship. None of the people that I know and consider to be my best friends would ever even dream of acting like this towards me. This is the sort of stuff we used to do to one another when we were ten, and not in our (almost in our) twenties. Get rid of this friend when you can and don't look back. You are not a punching bag for crazies. Good luck.
    Oh my god lol....I laughed so hard at the first paragraph

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sociopath For This Useful Post:

Banannie (12-17-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    My freshman year of college, I lived with someone so disrespectful...we were best friends before living together, but I really believe that some relationships just can't work in the same living environment. If she's passive aggressive and always plays the victim, just act maturely toward her and don't buy into it. If she's being harmful or toxic, do exactly what you're doing - ignore her childish behavior and vent to THIRD PARTY UNBIASED PEOPLE. If she's not acting maturely enough to handle a one on one confrontation, the worst thing you can do is talk to a mutual friend about it. People do talk, and it could eventually get back to her, which will just fuel her fire even more. Talk to people you respect enough to give wise, unbiased counsel and take a good look to make sure that there isn't anything you're doing that could be making the situation worse. Not trying to sound like you're doing anything because she really just sounds crazy, LOL, but sometimes it can be really easy to overlook personal passive aggressive behavior or unnecessary comments just because what the other person is doing is SO much more ridiculous and hurtful.

Spend time apart and only worry about making time for her if you have to. I would recommend finding a new living arrangement at the earliest convenience because it sounds like she's just not a personality type that is easy to live with.

And on a more positive note, the friend I lived with my freshman year of college? After three years of awkward silences and avoiding the issue, we FINALLY started hanging out again...she's a lovely person and I value her friendship, but I think we both can, now, maturely agree that the living situation we were in was not ideal. Sometimes, it just doesn't work out, but just suck it up, keep doing what you're doing, and get out when you can, and I think it'll be just fine. <3

Sorry for the novel, LOL.

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rachel For This Useful Post:

Crow (12-17-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    many of you are like perpetually angry
    We are perpetually angry, that much is true.

---

Anyways, I agree with all that's been said above me. To put it concisely: Some people are just dicks. GTFO when you can.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Bettser View Post
    Oh man. Roommate fights. I literally have one of the worst roommates ever. She is inconsiderate, rude, pushes opinions on people, passively aggressively attacks people through text/notes/facebook, and is ridiculously fake.
    Did you at least fuk her?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

Crow (12-17-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    We are perpetually angry, that much is true.

---

Anyways, I agree with all that's been said above me. To put it concisely: Some people are just dicks. GTFO when you can.

---

Did you at least fuk her?

Just made out, pissed.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettser View Post
    Just made out, pissed.
    You pissed on her? u w0t m8???

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    219 times
    Time Online
    40d 7h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    You pissed on her? u w0t m8???
    Hot golden banana juice.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Banannie For This Useful Post:

Mod (12-17-2013)

Pronouns
    lmao who cares
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    23d 11h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    lol you guys.

Anyway like it's a weird situation. Firstly, we weren't actually friends to begin with. See, my best friend and I had planned to room together this year but at the time we decided, she was dating this girl (who's now my roommate). So we started to hang out together and eventually agreed to all room together in a triple. I was a little wary about it but I decided to agree to it since she (my current roommate) apparently has "roommate problems" and had no one else to room with so I felt bad. NOW I KNOW WHY SHE HAS ROOMMATE PROBLEMS.
    Anyway, so literally days before the semester started, I text my best friend all excited about rooming with her and she suddenly breaks the news that her parents lost their investments and she's completely broke and therefore isn't returning this semester! So then I got stuck in a triple with just her girlfriend (who actually is her ex-girlfriend now....I wonder why lol). Which was weird because we were never really friends before. So honestly the first couple weeks were really awkward but eventually we got more comfortable with each other.
    Still, lately, although I'm 'comfortable' with her, she has really strong opinions that are really opposite of mine and she likes to make an argument out of ANYTHING and I'ma ctually a really sensitive person so I get hurt really easily. So I've learned to just not voice anything in front of her. And still it was decent and I didn't mind but then THIS HAPPENED.

And now it's just like ughhhh. I'm not moving because I LOVE that room so if she hates it so much she can just move out. (It's a dorm room). At this point I don't even care if this ruins our friendship. I never thought we had much of a friendship anyway and I hate blaming people but seriously the way she blew this out of proportion did make this her fault. So she can keep blaming me all she wants but I know the truth here and I'm not sorry for losing a 'friend' like her.

^^ Thanks to Menine for the icon & Gremlin for this userbar!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    1d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    That sucks so bad for you -_- I think you reacted really well - not getting angry, keeping calm and try to talk it out. If she wants to continue acting like a child, you unfortunately can't do anything about it, except give her time to cool down by herself. Keep acting like you do (be the mature one, like my mom would say haha.), and when she'll have had enough of being angry for no reason, she'll come talk to you ! And then, up to you to decide if it's too late or not...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to pinkiwie For This Useful Post:

Crow (12-19-2013)