28/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    2d 13h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

How To Make Your Account 99.9% Protected

You might think that you're doing everything that you can to protect your Neopets account,
    but it's almost certain that your actions online are exploitable in one way or another.
    Lately a TON of users have been experiencing account theft and aren't sure how they could have possible been compromised.
    This guide will hopefully help you combat any theft and greatly reduce your chances of being taken over.

Your Password

First, the people who want into your account aren't idiots.
    If you change your password frequently, but only change it by sequential numbers, it's not going to help you.

Example: Changing your password weekly from "Pumpkin&Spice01" to "Pumpkin&Spice02" isn't going to be as effective as you'd like it to be.

If your account is more than a few years old and you use the same base password, it's vulnerable.
    Using the same password more than once also leaves your account temporarily exposed to hackers who may have gathered your data elsewhere.

Tips: Change your password weekly and instead of changing numbers, adjust casing and symbols.
    Never use the same password more than once or use it on any other site/application.

Your Email

Believe it or not, breaking into an email account is much easier than breaking into a Neopets account.
    Don't give out personal information and NEVER use an email address that is attached to anything else on your account.
    Your best option is to create an email address with an original and difficult password, link it to your Neopets account, and never log into it again.
    There are too many ways for someone to break into your account when they know the email address attached to it. Keep it to yourself.

Cookies/Stored Info

Every so often, whether it's announced publicly or not, someone discovers another way to exploit some flaw on the Neopets website.
    The best way to battle this without using software is have your browser store as little data as possible and have it delete this data on exit.
    This won't protect you 100%, but it will make it difficult for any intruders to take control of your account or stay logged in.

Using Programs

While we can all agree that anything from clraik is safe, outside sources may not be.
    Any time that you enter your login details somewhere you risk that information being logged, shared, and sold.
    If you do attach your info to an outside application, either change your data or make any adjustments necessary to keep yourself from exposing vulnerable information.

Pins & Birthdays

Let's be honest, if someone had your password, access to your email, or was able to gather data from your computer, these things are useless.
    It's a good idea to apply these extra securities if you feel like you're at risk because you use a public or shared computer.
    Personally, I don't use a pin or birthday login because I find it annoying how many times I forget to enter it.
    To be as safe as possible, use both.

Extra Tips

- Scan regularly for backdoors/keyloggers/RATs
    - Understand that if your account is compromised, a mistake was made somewhere
    - Know that even the people you trust the most can leak sensitive info (email, username, etc)
    - Beware of things not related to Neopets that may be part of a plan to obtain information that well help someone gain access to your account
    - Hesitate when accepting files from someone, even if they are detected as safe, they can contain malicious code
    - If you purchase Neopets products, make sure the Paypal email you use is not linked to your Neopets account
    - If you use Skype, make sure the email provided is not linked to your Neopets account

This may seem like a lot of work, but when there is a financial gain some people will stop at nothing and have no moral code.
    Don't let them take away the things you pay/play/work hard for.
    Last edited by Relief; 04-19-2016 at 03:44 PM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Relief For This Useful Post:

Bettser (04-19-2016),Bowsette (04-19-2016),Cybun (04-19-2016),DJ Music Man (04-19-2016),fictitious (04-20-2016),foreignemphasis (05-14-2016),Raposa (05-05-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    970 times
    Time Online
    279d 7h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    You should 100 percent have a pin on all aspects of your account. Maybe it's an inconvience, but it's the one thing that might save you from losing your shit. If you're password glitched, then many certain individuals can just walk right into your account, but they can't do shit if everything is pinned. Always pin.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kylae For This Useful Post:

athron (04-20-2016),Cybun (04-19-2016),fuzzypeach (01-30-2020),Lyric (04-19-2016),Maison (04-19-2016),Raposa (05-05-2016),VitaminX (04-19-2016),xCarRadio (04-20-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    166 times
    Time Online
    93d 23h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Personally I -would- log in to my e-mail account every now and then, to change the password there as well.

I doubt if any of the targeted accounts have a RAT or something similar on their PC. So I'd rather change the e-mail info as well every now and then, instead of not logging in at all.

And I'd personally also have something like no-script as a browser plug-in.
    Check out my guide on how to get free proxies/socks for your programs & protection!

Click

(you need an account to see links)

^ Thanks Rrachel <3

^ Thanks Jass! <3

6. The Following User Says Thank You to VitaminX For This Useful Post:

Maison (04-19-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/1
    Mentioned
    320 times
    Time Online
    95d 4h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    I think the best way is to not flaunt what you have bc no one is safe out here!! I know it's v hard not to do that but it's worth it in the end !!! Good luck!!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maison For This Useful Post:

Raposa (05-05-2016),VitaminX (04-19-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    12d 1h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Wait, he's banned already? xD

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ms M. For This Useful Post:

cinnamon (04-20-2016),Daviid (04-20-2016),Raposa (05-05-2016),Teakwood (04-20-2016)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Nice guide OP...o....oh...wait he is banned hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Naked Gamer For This Useful Post:

cinnamon (04-20-2016),Daviid (04-20-2016),Ms M. (04-21-2016),Raposa (05-05-2016),Teakwood (04-20-2016),Urbex (04-22-2016)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    71/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    11d 17h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Nice guide, but I feel like the first step is not showing people you are rich or something lol otherwise you will only get iced.