Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If I guy asks a girl to hang out, does that always mean he's into her?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    35/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    7d 11h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Thanks for the advice and comments everyone! For those interested: we had a really nice evening and afterwards we did go shopping (christmas market yay). And last Thursday we went to see a movie of my choosing (Frozen aww). Apart from that we have nice long conversations and I'm starting to really grow on him. I'm still not sure if he's into me sexually in any way however. :c We've had minimally fysical contact and only very few things he's said make me think that he actually likes me. He does like to spend time around me, talk with me, help me with the dishes, whatever.

Could it be that he's not sure that /I/ like him, and that he's therefore a little careful, so to say? Since I'm very shy and all, and I can be a cold person, and besides I'd never be the one to initate fysical contact (since I'm not sure if he likes me back, and I don't want to make a fool of myself). I'm far too awkward to tell him about my feelings.

Oh and guys guys guys...

... I just met him. XD
    Sounds to me that he is a keeper. He is quite generous, but also sound like he is a passive guy. Giving you the option to pick movie usually result in one or two things, he is nice, friendly, or he is just passive and lazy. You may have to put in a lot of work in the long run. Again it is only the first date, so who knows. I would maintain minimal physical contact if possible since being too approachable and physical make you seems easy. Definitely be O.K. with hugs especially if the date went well, cause I totally maintain my distance with my bf til our third date which is kinda weird for him. *I like to make him work for it*
    My First Guide on [GM] Score Sending

My Second Guide on How to AoB (Array of Bytes) Habitarium

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    41 times
    Time Online
    3d 13h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by janikanicolepi View Post
    Sounds to me that he is a keeper. He is quite generous, but also sound like he is a passive guy. Giving you the option to pick movie usually result in one or two things, he is nice, friendly, or he is just passive and lazy. You may have to put in a lot of work in the long run. Again it is only the first date, so who knows. I would maintain minimal physical contact if possible since being too approachable and physical make you seems easy. Definitely be O.K. with hugs especially if the date went well, cause I totally maintain my distance with my bf til our third date which is kinda weird for him. *I like to make him work for it*
    Over-Analytical mind game BS.
    Be yourself, have fun and keep doing what you are doing.

@(you need an account to see links) its not NEARLY as complicated as you made it seem.
    Dont tell me you REALLY have formed an opinion of the guy because he let her choose the movie?!
    I have often let the girls choose the movies especially if I dont know them because I am always into horror movies (scarier the better) and most girls just get scared.
    Are you some kind of world renowned psychological expert in the field of male behavior? Or is it that your own personal dating experiences have made you very jaded?

Sorry if its an overreaction but your comments really pissed me off because of a lack of logical coherence.
    @(you need an account to see links) shared a very innocent and happy story, nowhere does it suggest anything that the guy is lazy or thinks she is easy wtf

Being too approachable will make you look EASY?! Who made up these rules? And why was I not informed?
    If every girl out there was pretending to be unapproachable, the approachable girl would be considered 'nice' and not 'easy'.
    If you want to play hard to get, please do it before the first date. Not after you've already been 'got', are having a good time and like the guy
    Last edited by plsmy1; 12-21-2013 at 11:09 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to plsmy1 For This Useful Post:

goldentryst (01-01-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    35/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    7d 11h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by plsmy1 View Post
    Over-Analytical mind game BS.
    Be yourself, have fun and keep doing what you are doing.

@(you need an account to see links) its not NEARLY as complicated as you made it seem.
    Dont tell me you REALLY have formed an opinion of the guy because he let her choose the movie?!
    I have often let the girls choose the movies especially if I dont know them because I am always into horror movies (scarier the better) and most girls just get scared.
    Are you some kind of world renowned psychological expert in the field of male behavior? Or is it that your own personal dating experiences have made you very jaded?

Sorry if its an overreaction but your comments really pissed me off because of a lack of logical coherence.
    @(you need an account to see links) shared a very innocent and happy story, nowhere does it suggest anything that the guy is lazy or thinks she is easy wtf

Being too approachable will make you look EASY?! Who made up these rules? And why was I not informed?
    If every girl out there was pretending to be unapproachable, the approachable girl would be considered 'nice' and not 'easy'.
    If you want to play hard to get, please do it before the first date. Not after you've already been 'got', are having a good time and like the guy
    Everything I had said is from my past experience and YES it MAY HAVE made me JADED as you so claim. After several date and getting know the other guys better, you can see a clear reflection of their action and behavior. No I am not some world renowned psychologist, and I'm detail orient hence why I notice it. If he isn't willing to take charge it will be either one of the option I have stated above. Yes I like a man who take charge and guys are suppose to take charge, why else would I bother having a bf if I can do everything myself?
    My First Guide on [GM] Score Sending

My Second Guide on How to AoB (Array of Bytes) Habitarium

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    41 times
    Time Online
    3d 13h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by janikanicolepi View Post
    Everything I had said is from my past experience and YES it MAY HAVE made me JADED as you so claim. After several date and getting know the other guys better, you can see a clear reflection of their action and behavior. No I am not some world renowned psychologist, and I'm detail orient hence why I notice it. If he isn't willing to take charge it will be either one of the option I have stated above. Yes I like a man who take charge and guys are suppose to take charge, why else would I bother having a bf if I can do everything myself?
    I respect you for not losing your cool and turning this into a flame war.
    Upon reflection I think my comments might have been a bit aggressive and out of line (but then again so is everything else I do in life so even if apologize I know I will cross the line again at some point :p)

I agree with your observations but I do not think you should write people off or judge them harshly if they do not deserve it.
    Have a little faith in the male of this species

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    2d 5h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by plsmy1 View Post
    I agree with your observations but I do not think you should write people off or judge them harshly if they do not deserve it.
    Have a little faith in the male of this species
    Agreed...we're not ALL awful.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    3h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Depends on the guy, if he's like me then you betcha. But to be fair I'm kind of a shy guy who gets crushes easily XD So I doubt i'd be a majority.