Thread: If you sold an account, and the buyer got it frozen, could your accounts be affected?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    3d 6h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Exclamation If you sold an account, and the buyer got it frozen, could your accounts be affected?

Like if I sold my old main, had nothing to do with it anymore, and the person who bought it used it for ABing and got frozen. Since my IP was still related to that account, could I get my new main or sides frozen for ABing just because of that account being linked to my current IP?

I'm curious because I want to sell my old main, but I'm scared if the buyer gets caught cheating and gets frozen, that my new main and accounts will get chain iced with that old account because my IP was still linked to that old account.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    It is definitely a possibility.

Unlink the email on the main you want to sell from your other accounts if you haven't already, then let it rot for a few months (minimum) before attempting to sell.

If you sell it immediately after using it, you're playing a dangerous game.

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    70/0
    Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    112d 3h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    I'd definitely let your main sit for a while and let it become inactive, letting TNT think you've just left it to rot. I'd definitely unlink/change the email and only access the account through proxies if necessary.

But personally, I doubt someone would AB on a main. That's what shells are for

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    I believe so. I had an acct I moved over 300 mil worth and secured. Two months later a friend got it frozen. Not a big deal. But then a week later all the shells that were messed with that acct were frozen with an exception of items I moved to my main. This is about 80 days secured items from an inactive acct too. So just tread carefully.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    3d 6h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    But personally, I doubt someone would AB on a main. That's what shells are for
    Well some people buy old mains to AB because it makes them look more legit than a plain shell with no stats. The proxy thing is a good idea I guess I'll read up on how to use them. I'll change the email and let it sit , thanks guys.