Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    16h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Newbie on Board

Hey ya

First to say, this board is overwhelming! I guess I sit here since hours and hours of reading through the tremendous amount of guides, all so interesting and helpful!
    However, something what is missing for me is something like a FAQ for this stuff. I've got a lot of informations about using some softwares like SS, Habi Bot, AB and so on - but what is important to think of using that stuff with your main account? I've read that TNT doesn't like it when you log in into your main with a proxy - so I need a side acc?
    This Thread is just a question to your advices, due to the fact I'm new again to Neopets (can't remember my login data of my 9+ years account ) and want to join all the fun of Neopets, with a little benefits of your services (like buying some NPs and my biggest dreamie: a (v)wn uc plushie shoyru <3).

I also have to sorry for my english - in Austria we don't speak so much foreign languages except of our, sometimes very weird, accents

Greetings and thanks

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Hi and welcome to cK lambkin,

There are too many vectors of dos/don'ts regarding Neocheating for us to tell you all you should know off the tops of our heads: it would be best to use common sense, search cK for possible answers, and ask us when you're still unsure after doing so. There is no harm in asking as long as you've made an effort to search for an answer first, .

To answer your Q, avoid using programs on your main (or any accounts you care about) unless necessary, like SS/AoBing for trophies. Be especially careful when doing so, so you won't be easily frozen. Usage of any program will increase your odds of being frozen, so it's all a matter of minimizing risk by playing smart, and considering if the risk is worth it (if your main is already awesome and a lot work put into it, I suggest not cheating on it...). Usually the cheat programs are used on shell accounts via proxy to earn easy NPs before being secured and transferred to a main later; these are often frozen, hence why shells are used. That being said, you can still use programs on your main, as many do; just be careful and be ready for a potential loss, as said previously.

-Neocheaters use (elite/undetectable) proxies/VPNs to separate their cheating from their main IP linked to their main account, so if they are caught, account freezes aren't chained to all accounts on that IP.
    -Normally you shouldn't log into your main with a proxy unless you've been flagged or iced by TNT before on that IP (eg. IP banned); public proxies are shared with anyone and other cheaters could get you chain frozen on that proxy IP too. Likewise, TNT doesn't like seeing proxies and will freeze if they detect a known proxy being used.
    -One exception to not using proxies with programs is when you AB, because ABing requires very fast connections and most proxies will be too slow to AB. Despite this, use caution if you AB on your main IP that if you are frozen on it, it may be chained to all accounts on that IP too.

Cheers!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

Elmo (12-07-2013),lambkin (12-07-2013)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 1h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Welcome to clraik!

If you are going to be taking up cheating, do it the right way and like you stated, you'll have to get a side account or accounts you will be cheating on... IF you plan on cheating to make lots of NP.

Some programs here are safe to use even on your main, using a normal IP. For example, I run Stealth Core every day and I have for 10 months straight so far without getting frozen.

(you need an account to see links) This can be used to determine the freeze rate for basically any program unless the mechanics behind it are complicated (that's when you ask the program authors the questions).

Those that choose to cheat multiple times and continue even after being frozen countless times to continue on for their billions of NP goal, it is pretty wise to invest in some quality proxy service.

Enjoy your time here at clraik!
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

5. The Following User Says Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

lambkin (12-07-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    16h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Thank you for your nice welcoming and for your advices, I'll take them all gratefully you exactly answered any question in my mind.

I don't want to cheat like a 'professional', just a little help in earning nps for example I'm already using Habi Bot, because it seems I really suck in this game (found a guide on your forum, will read it later again ). However, buying some ETS or the Labmap, paintbrushes or pure nps feels really attractive for me. How is this process normally going? I pay via paypal and I get the money from a MM on the trading post? Does this not look suspicious?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Yes, it's most often done by PayPal.

For new members with large purchases (eg. $200+ USD), the seller sometimes asks for Western Union (WU), or MoneyPak (if in US) to protect themselves from chargebacks, but usually for most transactions, and small ones like PBs/Map pieces as you mentioned, no.

-You agree to a deal with the seller.
    -You send them money via PP.
    -They give you the item through the way discussed: gifting, trading post, shop, anything.

-You may both elect for an OMM, this is encouraged for large buys and new members, but not mandatory.
    -OMMs are experienced enough to usually not compromise onsite transaction safety, and thus are good most of the time;
    but yes, they do add an extra step that could possibly be suspicious to TNT. Not a big concern though, to be honest.

Other tips are to buy from long-standing reputable sellers, use caution when dealing with fellow newbies, check buyer/seller iTrader feedback to be sure, and don't feel insulted if sellers ask for more confirmation from you, because you're new.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

lambkin (12-07-2013)