12/0
    Mentioned
    125 times
    Time Online
    21d 23h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m

Question Is "muscle confusion" real?

Anyway, I asked a question on tumblr about what I should do when I no longer get sore after I lift. Like, I'll lift until muscle failure, but I'll only get sore for a couple hours, whereas I used to get sore for days. Logically, my next step would to up my weights, right? Like I'll naturally grab a heavier weight if it feels like it's "too easy" for me but...?

But then my friend told me to vary my workouts every month because you have to confuse your muscles when you plateau. Is that a thing? I mean, I don't only train one part of my body, and I honestly only do each part of the body 2x week at most. Like leg days and chest/arm days and etc. Do I change it up with like... number of reps and amount of weight?

Also I hate cardio and refuse to do it for more than 10 minutes so please don't make me do cardio cardio makes me really unhappy it makes me want to punch people thank

ALSO: Is training to failure really all that bad? I heard it's taxing on the CNS and causes slower gains or something? But then again, I've heard the exact opposite...
    Last edited by Lavendrae; 12-05-2013 at 10:32 PM.