Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So a McDonald's employee spit in my cheeseburger today..

Hybrid View

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    8d 9h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m

So a McDonald's employee spit in my cheeseburger today..

I took my little cousin who's 3 to McDonalds today and we ordered our food and I paid them with change. Keep in mind it was only about $3.50 and they had a dislike of me already because I would go there and use their wifi and I gave them an attitude a couple of times.

Anyway so I ordered a cheeseburger and I went down to where my cousin was sitting in the play place and I divided up the French fries and stuff. He likes pickles so I took off the top of my burger and I gave him the pickles I look down and there's a giant white blotch on my cheeseburger!

(you need an account to see links)

These people really spit on my food! My cousin was picking up his cheeseburger to take a bite and I snatched it out of his hand really fast and I start inspecting it.. nothing there but I look back to my cheeseburger just to make sure it was spit I took a french fry and I touched it.. it fucking moved! I am furious at this point and I look up to the upper layer of the play place and there's an employee up there sweeping the floor. I call him over and I asked him what he thinks this is on my cheeseburger .. he makes it grossed out face and then says he will go get me a new cheeseburger. He takes the old one away and brings it up to the counter and then sends the manager in to bring me a new cheeseburger. I sent a picture of the spit covered cheeseburger to my cousin and after what she thought it was in her immediate response was spit. Everyone who looks at the picture agreed it looks like spit.

I don't have tthe cheeseburger anymore but I have these pictures and their cameras all over the restaurant. Is this something you can sue them over? Get them arrested? What do you guys think I should do?? I'm dead ass I will ruin someone's life without the slightest hesitation.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to futoss For This Useful Post:

Balletdancer (12-15-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    104d 6h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    Quote Originally Posted by futoss View Post
    I took my little cousin who's 3 to McDonalds today and we ordered our food and I paid them with change. Keep in mind it was only about $3.50 and they had a dislike of me already because I would go there and use their wifi and I gave them an attitude a couple of times.

Anyway so I ordered a cheeseburger and I went down to where my cousin was sitting in the play place and I divided up the French fries and stuff. He likes pickles so I took off the top of my burger and I gave him the pickles I look down and there's a giant white blotch on my cheeseburger!

These people really spit on my food! My cousin was picking up his cheeseburger to take a bite and I snatched it out of his hand really fast and I start inspecting it.. nothing there but I look back to my cheeseburger just to make sure it was spit I took a french fry and I touched it.. it fucking moved! I am furious at this point and I look up to the upper layer of the play place and there's an employee up there sweeping the floor. I call him over and I asked him what he thinks this is on my cheeseburger .. he makes it grossed out face and then says he will go get me a new cheeseburger. He takes the old one away and brings it up to the counter and then sends the manager in to bring me a new cheeseburger. I sent a picture of the spit covered cheeseburger to my cousin and after what she thought it was in her immediate response was spit. Everyone who looks at the picture agreed it looks like spit.

I don't have tthe cheeseburger anymore but I have these pictures and their cameras all over the restaurant. Is this something you can sue them over? Get them arrested? What do you guys think I should do?? I'm dead ass I will ruin someone's life without the slightest hesitation.
    My sick mind thought of something else at first glance . I'm not sure on the food safety laws, but it seems that because they are risking your health, you should be able to sue and win if you provide enough evidence.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 8h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    You should send the pictures into a new company near your house. Tell them your story and how when you opened you food you saw that one of the employees actually spit in your food. You can tell them which mcdonalds, what day and time. They will definitely not like that ONE BIT!
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    70/0
    Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    112d 3h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m

That's just one article on something like that but you can definitely sue over that. You may not win too terribly much money but you can still sue. It's unsanitary and the employee just did it out of spite (according to what you had said about them not liking you) You could get the restaurant shut down for health code violations if you really wanted too. I believe it's up to you on how far you want to take this

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    8d 9h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    @(you need an account to see links) a lot of people have been telling me to do that actually. I am srsly so shy tho I mean my face will be on the news and shit :/ idk
    @(you need an account to see links) I have also been told that by a couple people. U guys r right

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    The most that will likely happen is the accused spitmaster(s) will be fired.

You can't get them arrested; you can try suing, but personally it's a waste of time and money on something as small as this - the odds are in their favor.

The most you can do is to detail the incident, McD location, name of manager & names of the suspected employees, then email their regional/corporate office as a complaint, with pics of proof.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    68/0
    Mentioned
    298 times
    Time Online
    30d 23h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by futoss View Post

Okay, now don't think of me as petty after reading this but:

I mean, report this incident to the manager and move on.
    Because you should always take the high road.

Why, yes. The world does revolve around me.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    219 times
    Time Online
    40d 7h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Probably has something to do with fast food workers rallying for living wages and a union.

Last edited by Banannie; 12-05-2013 at 08:16 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    256 times
    Time Online
    53d 13h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Get them fired. Mcdonalds isnt good for you anyways.. <-fry addict
    Also, shit like this is why I feel they don't deserve $15 an hour. Like even when I worked in retail I thought minimum was pretty much fair since it's menial work that requires no effort to be a part of. I googled $15 an hour jobs... they don't merit a pay raise imo.

stay in school guys.

u 'mirin?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    219 times
    Time Online
    40d 7h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Miri View Post
    Get them fired. Mcdonalds isnt good for you anyways.. <-fry addict
    Also, shit like this is why I feel they don't deserve $15 an hour. Like even when I worked in retail I thought minimum was pretty much fair since it's menial work that requires no effort to be a part of. I googled $15 an hour jobs... they don't merit a pay raise imo.

stay in school guys.
    While the person who spit in the food definitely deserves to be fired (I believe that there are laws against spitting in people's food, because of the possibility of people contracting diseases from that. The person can file for assault if they choose to do so, but without the burger I think it might be a hard case to win - don't quote me on that though.)

But 'shit like this' is one person doing something that's offensive, and I don't think that because of 'shit like that', that food workers don't deserve fifteen dollars an hour. To pay people a living wage would cost you an extra 60 cents a burger. More than half of these people are on government subsidies that end up costing our country a lot more than paying them fairly. And then we end up paying for what these big companies will not. Employers need to take more initiative in the financial well being of their employees.

A lot of these workers are kids paying their way through college; some of them are mothers trying to feed their families. They absolutely need a raise. People need to get by. Why should someone live in poverty simply because they didn't go to college? Everyone has the right to a decent life and how far you wanna get in life is completely up to you. But a decent one, that is your right as a human being.