DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    8d 9h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    All in all I am mostly against this issue, but as with any issue there is always a grey area. I will say wholeheartedly that I'm against abortion because it is not the baby's fault how they were conceived. There's always adoption so I don't think that people who don't make enough money or don't think that they can raise a baby should be allowed to abort. There are millions of people in this world were unable to conceive and would take the baby from them in an instant. Victims of rape are a part of the grey area for me. I could sit here and say all I want that they should just deal but I've never gone through the situation personally and have no idea how it would feel. Like I said, adoption.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    219 times
    Time Online
    40d 7h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieG View Post
    I don't agree that a baby is just cells in the early stages, as someone who had a miscarriage at 12 weeks I can tell you it's not that simple. With my current son I heard his little heart beat as a 7 week old fetus, I seen his little nose and hands on a 3d scan. My son was the result of failed contraception and I am definitely not uneducated about this kind of thing as it has been suggested above. Condoms can break, the pill can fail (sickness, taking anti biotics etc).

That being said, I am pro choice. I would NEVER have an abortion personally and never considered it. But I do understand people who choose this way. What I can't understand is little sluts who go out having unprotected sex with every tom dick and harry and then have an abortion as if it's nothing. If you aren't able to look after a child, sure, or for medical purposes.
    I'm sorry if my post offended you, I never meant for it to come across that you might be uneducated about your sex life in any way. Funny you mention the antibiotics thing, because I had become pregnant while on antibiotics, despite being on the pill and had planned on keeping the child, but I had a miscarriage a month into the pregnancy.

I do, however, have friends who have sex without any protection at all and continue to use abortions as an option despite other alternatives out there.

Again, I'm really sorry if my post came across as vindictive or unkind to other people's situations/families.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    278/0
    Mentioned
    222 times
    Time Online
    51d 7h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    I wasn't offended, just giving my view. I had a miscarriage too and it was heart breaking. I would rather see someone have an abortion than to have a child they can't support and for their lives to be ruined.

My son wasn't planned but is the best thing that's ever happened to me, I already had a college education so now I'm putting myself through University and it's hard but I'm just an example it can all work out.

Sent from my iPhone using (you need an account to see links)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Elmo For This Useful Post:

Banannie (12-17-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by Banannie View Post
    Again, I'm really sorry if my post came across as vindictive or unkind to other people's situations/families.
    You're allowed to speak your mind in the debate section and counter others' arguments, hence 'debate'.

The only thing you cannot do is go on a flame fest and begin thrashing others for their opinions.

All is good.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    219 times
    Time Online
    40d 7h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Alright, well I'll still tone it down a bit. A good debate is a respectful debate, y'know?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    278/0
    Mentioned
    222 times
    Time Online
    51d 7h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Your post wasn't offensive or over the top, I simply retaliated with my opinion, I actually agree with what you said in general. I also have to say that when people say abortion is the cowards way out is so wrong, abortion can be one of the bravest things someone has to do.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    2d 9h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    pro-choice doesn't mean pro-abortion. while i am pro-choice i don't necessarily think abortions are the answer though i think it's nice that the mother has the choice what to do with her own body. a mother in an abusive relationship for example understandably would not want to bring a baby into the mix as it could pose a danger after the child is born. in all honesty i always just figured it was easier for them never to be born than to grow up in an abusive home, a home that couldn't support them, or the adoption system because there are so many kids already there. most of my issues with pro-life arguments is that they're a lot of the same people who advocate for people being put to death in prison and people not receiving sex education at an early enough age (most of my highschool sex education was abstinence only which doesn't help people who are already sexually active and mostly puberty based though i was in highschool).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Anhedonia For This Useful Post:

Banannie (01-25-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    19h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    a fetus is not a baby :/

and i am so very pro-choice because whether the fetus is alive/a person isnt even important.
    whats important is the pregnant persons bodily autonomy, and their right to say no to someone using their body to survive. youre not obligated to donate your blood or organs or whatever to anyone, but you should be forced to let someone use your uterus?? lol no.