Thread: Does anyone here suffer from mental illnesses and not take medication?

Threaded View

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    4d 6h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Does anyone here suffer from mental illnesses and not take medication?

I figured this is random and off-topic anyways, but does anyone here suffer from mental illness and not take medication?

I've been told that when I'm ON medication, that I become an ass and that I am more angry and prone to outbursts. But, I feel that when I am on the medication that it helps me and it gets rid of the sadness (but not the underlying anger). I'm also apparently more prone to "not give a fuck" about grades and such when I take medication.

Anyways, I was on a regiment a while ago, but I cannot afford to see a psychiatrist and would prefer to not have myself committed. I was also nervous that when I took an SNRI for smoking cessation and depression, I ended up having a 3 day psychosis where I didn't leave my room except for bits of food around 3am every night.

Anyways, if you do not take medication, how do you manage every day life? I personally suffer from Anxiety, Severe (chronic) Depression, Paranoia, and Borderline Personality Disorder (I'm revisiting this diagnosis as I haven't been diagnosed with it since a visit 5 years ago as an adolescent), and PTSD (mostly resolved, was after a horrific car accident).

TL;DR: How does one handle mental illness without meds?
    Last edited by bml0624; 12-02-2013 at 10:36 PM.