63/0
    Mentioned
    79 times
    Time Online
    6d 13h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

Research Project Quick Answer

Hey guys I need as many opinions as possible for my research project because we all have to do primary research on our topics. Just answer this question as in-depth as you can: What defines a person's humanity and how can one keep/lose it?

Will rep if possible

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    What defines a person's humanity and how can one keep/lose it?

Humanity, to begin with, is a very subjective thing on my point of view. If we start thinking about it, every person can have the so called "humanity" just for the fact of being born human, and the person would never lose that until the day he/she pass away since it's a thin of the human race. For me, there's not more definition of it than this. I understand the fact that humanity can be considered the acts and way of beings of humans, but in which case, all humans are differents. If we take a Pakistani man married with 3 woman, who hits them and maybe follows extremist religious habits.. and we also take an american family man, married with a woman for 40 years and so what ever... this two persons are the same, on therms of humanity, for me. People just have different ways of being, different cultures, different essences... maybe a serial killer, or a person that has commited the most awful acts on the history of the world, can be someone that some could point and call "a monster that is not human anymore"... But being honest, it will always depend of the point of view of people.

In the end, my thinking about the matter is very simple. Humanity can't be lose, we all are part of the human race, and we never lose the fact of being one: no matter the things we may do, no matter anything.

Pronouns
    minty/fresh
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    1,231 times
    Time Online
    340d 22h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 59m
    Oh this reminds me of my religion course on "To Be Human Is..." I can pull some of my notes from there if you like!
    Dw, the ones I'll include don't have to do with preaching about God/spirituality at all.

-Humanity is the goodness in people- whether they are motivated by spirituality to act out of goodwill or just total selflessness in general
    > but also the bad ("Oh, we all sin, we're imperfect, we're just human...etc", "sin" in general, or how people can make conscious acts of sin and maybe like it. Contrary to how animals murder and murder out of self defence or if they're sick...generally.)
    -Humans are capable of rational thought and the ability to question abstract concepts, as well as the ability to create abstract concepts (spirituality, "bigger" being/s, etc)

Like @(you need an account to see links) said, I don't think humanity can be lost or kept, it's simply just what we're born with as humans.
    You only lose it when you die.

Last edited by Maki; 12-02-2013 at 08:58 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Maki For This Useful Post:

Raj (12-02-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    You lose humanity when you become primal.

You lose humanity when you act before you think, and act only to survive without regard for others.

You lose humanity when you break society's standards, knowing your actions are morally unjust.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    79 times
    Time Online
    6d 13h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Thanks guys I like these. It's all about perspectives and opinions "3 points for you @(you need an account to see links) and @(you need an account to see links), you go Minty and Mod! And none for @(you need an account to see links)..."

Lulz Mean Girls references. But no Rrachel I must spread more around first...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GOAT For This Useful Post:

Maki (12-04-2013)