Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 1h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Well that was odd.

I bought an UC. It was on a shell, I cached it there and then moved it to my side, and cached it there. Had a good story. Kept around for quite a while and everything seemed fine.

So I log in and check up on it recently and it's been frozen. I thought my side account had gone, but no - it had been taken and put on a different account. Anyone know why/how this could have happened? Relieved my side account wasn't frozen. It's money down the drain but I feel rather lucky that I didn't lose more as the rest of my accounts and UCs are completely legit.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Multiple possibilities:

-How long did you cache and secure your pets on your shells/side? If it's been less than a few weeks, any nosy prick who remembers the pet (or your accounts) can still report to TNT to have it checked out, cached or not.
    -Your shell was frozen for a different reason (being a shell, may have been implicated in a different matter); although if it was frozen + your pet moved at the same time, this may not apply.
    -Original pet owner checked back in to see their pet is gone, sent ticket and had transfer reversed by TNT to original account.
    -Your side/shell has been compromised by another cheater and you've been robbed, they either being gracious or lazy to leave your side. Change your pw + pin and check linked email now.
    -TNT are just lazy and forgot to freeze your side, or if it looks like it may be valuable have it flagged for watch in case you slip up again. In any case, refrain from suspicious activity and minimize interaction with your side for a while if you can.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    21h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Another option is whoever sold the pet to you had planned to rip you off.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

Skarl (11-25-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    54d 15h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by flow View Post
    Another option is whoever sold the pet to you had planned to rip you off.
    Which just makes me that much less likely to buy an UC again. XD

*~a ghost in the sunlight~*

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Corliss For This Useful Post:

Balletdancer (11-25-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    152 times
    Time Online
    65d 23h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    I refuse to buy UC pets now.

Did you tell any one about the pet? Did you trade another pet off of that account? PPL are so fucking sketchy it is fucking retarded. I wish you luck though. Fuckers.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Balletdancer For This Useful Post:

Corliss (11-25-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    970 times
    Time Online
    279d 7h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 36m
    If it was not moved back to the original shell, your side could have been accessed by anyone and they stole it, doesn't nessicarily mean the person that sold it to you (not me, for the curious). If it's moved back to it's original shell, it was a TNT thing, and they're about a month behind moving reported pets.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    54d 15h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylae View Post
    If it was not moved back to the original shell, your side could have been accessed by anyone and they stole it, doesn't nessicarily mean the person that sold it to you (not me, for the curious). If it's moved back to it's original shell, it was a TNT thing, and they're about a month behind moving reported pets.
    I kind of wonder if you can report whoever stole your pet and get it back...? XD Or would TNT go 'wait a minute this dude's only had blah for a month or two and it's a pretty nice pet so yeah...no.' ?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    970 times
    Time Online
    279d 7h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 36m
    Actually, I'll let you know about that, happened to a customer offsite. Someone stole the side that had the pet on it, tried putting it up for adoption and TNT froze it. She's ticketting it now.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    54d 15h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Actually, I'll let you know about that, happened to a customer offsite. Someone stole the side that had the pet on it, tried putting it up for adoption and TNT froze it. She's ticketting it now.
    That would be wonderful, thanks!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 1h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    Multiple possibilities:

-How long did you cache and secure your pets on your shells/side? If it's been less than a few weeks, any nosy prick who remembers the pet (or your accounts) can still report to TNT to have it checked out, cached or not.
    -Your shell was frozen for a different reason (being a shell, may have been implicated in a different matter); although if it was frozen + your pet moved at the same time, this may not apply.
    -Original pet owner checked back in to see their pet is gone, sent ticket and had transfer reversed by TNT to original account.
    -Your side/shell has been compromised by another cheater and you've been robbed, they either being gracious or lazy to leave your side. Change your pw + pin and check linked email now.
    -TNT are just lazy and forgot to freeze your side, or if it looks like it may be valuable have it flagged for watch in case you slip up again. In any case, refrain from suspicious activity and minimize interaction with your side for a while if you can.
    1. Month or so on the shell, a few weeks on the side.
    2. I abandoned the shell, making it look like the owner had quit so there had been no illegit activity on it but for keeping the pet. The shell was frozen for selling pets.
    3. Have checked the side, and it's fine, email hasn't been compromised, nothing... Changing it just in case.
    4. I wondered if TNT were just being lazy and flagged it.

---------- Post added at 06:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 AM ----------

I'm not sure where it was sent but it is definitely not on the shell as I checked with the transfer.

---------- Post added at 06:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Balletdancer View Post
    I refuse to buy UC pets now.

Did you tell any one about the pet? Did you trade another pet off of that account? PPL are so fucking sketchy it is fucking retarded. I wish you luck though. Fuckers.
    I am also never doing it again!!

I told no-one. I kept off the boards. I didn't flash it around. I haven't traded anything off the account as it has permanent pets on it... I even took a step back from neopets for a while to fly under the radar as much as possible.