Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Well that was odd.

  1. #1
    solitarekisses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Gender
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Time Online
    1 d 1 h 46 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 m
    Rep Power
    5

    Well that was odd.

    I bought an UC. It was on a shell, I cached it there and then moved it to my side, and cached it there. Had a good story. Kept around for quite a while and everything seemed fine.

    So I log in and check up on it recently and it's been frozen. I thought my side account had gone, but no - it had been taken and put on a different account. Anyone know why/how this could have happened? Relieved my side account wasn't frozen. It's money down the drain but I feel rather lucky that I didn't lose more as the rest of my accounts and UCs are completely legit.

  2. #2

    Mod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,821
    Thanks
    1,563
    Thanked 4,711 Times in 2,504 Posts


    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1365 Post(s)
    Time Online
    131 d 12 h 4 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 42 m
    Rep Power
    11
    Multiple possibilities:

    -How long did you cache and secure your pets on your shells/side? If it's been less than a few weeks, any nosy prick who remembers the pet (or your accounts) can still report to TNT to have it checked out, cached or not.
    -Your shell was frozen for a different reason (being a shell, may have been implicated in a different matter); although if it was frozen + your pet moved at the same time, this may not apply.
    -Original pet owner checked back in to see their pet is gone, sent ticket and had transfer reversed by TNT to original account.
    -Your side/shell has been compromised by another cheater and you've been robbed, they either being gracious or lazy to leave your side. Change your pw + pin and check linked email now.
    -TNT are just lazy and forgot to freeze your side, or if it looks like it may be valuable have it flagged for watch in case you slip up again. In any case, refrain from suspicious activity and minimize interaction with your side for a while if you can.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Gender
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts


    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Time Online
    21 h 19 m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Rep Power
    5
    Another option is whoever sold the pet to you had planned to rip you off.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

    Skarl (11-25-2013)

  5. #4
    Drina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Location
    Silicon Valley (the Bay Area) California
    Age
    21
    Posts
    921
    Thanks
    1,717
    Thanked 238 Times in 167 Posts


    Downloads
    8
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Time Online
    40 d 1 h 44 m
    Avg. Time Online
    34 m
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by flow View Post
    Another option is whoever sold the pet to you had planned to rip you off.
    Which just makes me that much less likely to buy an UC again. XD

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Drina For This Useful Post:

    Balletdancer (11-25-2013)

  7. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Posts
    1,779
    Thanks
    795
    Thanked 729 Times in 442 Posts


    Downloads
    11
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Time Online
    65 d 23 h 24 m
    Avg. Time Online
    50 m
    Rep Power
    0
    I refuse to buy UC pets now.

    Did you tell any one about the pet? Did you trade another pet off of that account? PPL are so fucking sketchy it is fucking retarded. I wish you luck though. Fuckers.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Balletdancer For This Useful Post:

    Drina (11-25-2013)

  9. #6
    Mama Tiger


    Kylae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,111
    Thanks
    351
    Thanked 2,897 Times in 879 Posts


    Downloads
    12
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Time Online
    171 d 19 h 46 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 h 11 m
    Rep Power
    11
    If it was not moved back to the original shell, your side could have been accessed by anyone and they stole it, doesn't nessicarily mean the person that sold it to you (not me, for the curious). If it's moved back to it's original shell, it was a TNT thing, and they're about a month behind moving reported pets.

  10. #7
    Drina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Location
    Silicon Valley (the Bay Area) California
    Age
    21
    Posts
    921
    Thanks
    1,717
    Thanked 238 Times in 167 Posts


    Downloads
    8
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Time Online
    40 d 1 h 44 m
    Avg. Time Online
    34 m
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylae View Post
    If it was not moved back to the original shell, your side could have been accessed by anyone and they stole it, doesn't nessicarily mean the person that sold it to you (not me, for the curious). If it's moved back to it's original shell, it was a TNT thing, and they're about a month behind moving reported pets.
    I kind of wonder if you can report whoever stole your pet and get it back...? XD Or would TNT go 'wait a minute this dude's only had blah for a month or two and it's a pretty nice pet so yeah...no.' ?

  11. #8
    Mama Tiger


    Kylae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,111
    Thanks
    351
    Thanked 2,897 Times in 879 Posts


    Downloads
    12
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Time Online
    171 d 19 h 46 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 h 11 m
    Rep Power
    11
    Actually, I'll let you know about that, happened to a customer offsite. Someone stole the side that had the pet on it, tried putting it up for adoption and TNT froze it. She's ticketting it now.

  12. #9
    Drina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Location
    Silicon Valley (the Bay Area) California
    Age
    21
    Posts
    921
    Thanks
    1,717
    Thanked 238 Times in 167 Posts


    Downloads
    8
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Time Online
    40 d 1 h 44 m
    Avg. Time Online
    34 m
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylae View Post
    Actually, I'll let you know about that, happened to a customer offsite. Someone stole the side that had the pet on it, tried putting it up for adoption and TNT froze it. She's ticketting it now.
    That would be wonderful, thanks!

  13. #10
    solitarekisses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Gender
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Time Online
    1 d 1 h 46 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 m
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    Multiple possibilities:

    -How long did you cache and secure your pets on your shells/side? If it's been less than a few weeks, any nosy prick who remembers the pet (or your accounts) can still report to TNT to have it checked out, cached or not.
    -Your shell was frozen for a different reason (being a shell, may have been implicated in a different matter); although if it was frozen + your pet moved at the same time, this may not apply.
    -Original pet owner checked back in to see their pet is gone, sent ticket and had transfer reversed by TNT to original account.
    -Your side/shell has been compromised by another cheater and you've been robbed, they either being gracious or lazy to leave your side. Change your pw + pin and check linked email now.
    -TNT are just lazy and forgot to freeze your side, or if it looks like it may be valuable have it flagged for watch in case you slip up again. In any case, refrain from suspicious activity and minimize interaction with your side for a while if you can.
    1. Month or so on the shell, a few weeks on the side.
    2. I abandoned the shell, making it look like the owner had quit so there had been no illegit activity on it but for keeping the pet. The shell was frozen for selling pets.
    3. Have checked the side, and it's fine, email hasn't been compromised, nothing... Changing it just in case.
    4. I wondered if TNT were just being lazy and flagged it.

    ---------- Post added at 06:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kylae View Post
    If it was not moved back to the original shell, your side could have been accessed by anyone and they stole it, doesn't nessicarily mean the person that sold it to you (not me, for the curious). If it's moved back to it's original shell, it was a TNT thing, and they're about a month behind moving reported pets.
    I'm not sure where it was sent but it is definitely not on the shell as I checked with the transfer.

    ---------- Post added at 06:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Balletdancer View Post
    I refuse to buy UC pets now.

    Did you tell any one about the pet? Did you trade another pet off of that account? PPL are so fucking sketchy it is fucking retarded. I wish you luck though. Fuckers.
    I am also never doing it again!!

    I told no-one. I kept off the boards. I didn't flash it around. I haven't traded anything off the account as it has permanent pets on it... I even took a step back from neopets for a while to fly under the radar as much as possible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •