Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do you get motivated to do stuff ?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    84 times
    Time Online
    14d 15h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I think about how close I am to the end. I jus finished my last class for my bachelors. And I had no motivation through the entire thing. But every time I thought about not doing something I told myself how much longer I would have to go to school if I messed this up. Would I rather add 8 weeks for each class I didn't feel like doing it just spend 2 or 3 hours working.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    15h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I visualise the person I'll be at the end of it all and I look at my progress so far. It helps.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 17h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    I leave post-its on things I'll do/use instead of studying. I have a post-it on my xbox and laptop saying 'did you study yet?' just as a little reminder. Since I'm in high school and I take multiple tests a week, I'll leave my worst grades by my xbox or on my desk so that I'll see them and be more motivated to study and do better next time.
    This seems like a really nice thing to do.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    2d 12h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkiwie View Post
    I've kind of become a queen at procrastinating ; I love my field of study, but I always find reasons not to study... Moreover, I only have finals, so it's easy to "forget" I'll have exams...

Do you guys have any advice on how to find the motivation to do stuff (either it's studying or not) ? As years pass, I find my motivation constantly decreasing. I'm kind of tired of going to university and study, I'm eager to have a job I like and be able to do nothing at night (and not feel guilty about it !).
    At the end of the day it will all pay off, imagine yourself being completely happy in life because you worked hard and deserve to be.
    Tick tock. That's the sound of your running out.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    7h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I find that part of motivation is surrounding yourself with people who want to do well. Like if you want to go to the gym and get in better shape hang out with people who go to the gym often and go to the same gym as you. Same goes for studying. My grades have significantly improved since I started hanging around with people who valued good grades over getting drunk every weekend.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dannyy For This Useful Post:

pinkiwie (01-13-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    19h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I use a reward system when I study, 1 page = 1 piece of candy / fruit / drink
    And I put my laptop away :p