DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    68 times
    Time Online
    34d 6h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    My best friend is obsessed with zombies too, he was one of the first people to read zombie survival guide. Isn't there a new zombie movie coming out?

Zombies are awesome xD

Thanks
    Mentioned
    44 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Lucid dream IS being able to be somewhat in control of your dreams. They are very vivid and you usually can remember every detail. It's basically having your mind awake in a dream.

I never had a lucid dreaming.
    I have had nightmares where I realized I was dreaming though, and I would purposely hit my self on the head so I could try and wake up. It usually worked after a couple minutes of trying.
    Last edited by whatareyoudoingomgSTOP; 01-25-2012 at 12:40 AM.

Harry Potter
    Quote Originally Posted by munsterpoo View Post
    My best friend is obsessed with zombies too, he was one of the first people to read zombie survival guide. Isn't there a new zombie movie coming out?

Zombies are awesome xD
    A new zombie movie? o: Well I want to watch the new resident evil when it comes out and I heard a 28 months later was gonna come out too.

@(you need an account to see links) I wouldnt hit myself when I wanted to wake lol I use to have Freddie Kruger dreams when I was young and I would say repeatedly "please wake up" and it usually worked.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    80 times
    Time Online
    14m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by whatareyoudoingomgSTOP View Post
    Lucid dream IS being able to be somewhat in control of your dreams. They are very vivid and you usually can remember every detail. It's basically having your mind awake in a dream.

I never had a lucid dreaming.
    I have had nightmares where I realized I was dreaming though, and I would purposely hit my self on the head so I could try and wake up. It usually worked after a couple minutes of trying.
    Lucid dreaming isn't ALL controlling your dreams. You can still have a lucid dream and not control any of it. Try again.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Lucid dreaming is the only exception to dreams being an unconscious process. In lucid dreaming you are consciously aware of your dream and you can act in it, however that conscious effect only takes place if parts of your brain are activated when they should not be. REM sleep is the reason the dreams are so vivid, so technically speaking you are awakening during REM but contrary to the norm of not being able to remember that REM dream (technically you remember far fewer REM sleep dreams), the lucid dreaming and the activation of the brain area allows for the conscious aspect and hence the active 'memory' of that occurring dream. Lucid dreaming is rare, very rare. Everyday dreaming you should not have any control over beyond getting lucky with a short term memory instance of whatever you thought of prior to falling asleep. Whatever is sitting more recently in your short term memory (if you think of math right before you fall asleep that is the last thing on your mind and hence the most recent memory formed) is basically the most likely to be 'recalled' and hence why people may dream of math for instance if that is the last thing they think of. Other than that by definition you cannot really control your unconscious dreams. Nerve firing is in a random pattern which will light your brain up like a Christmas tree with activity (do not take that literally, your brain does not actually flash colors lol) this is why you dream random nonsense things like a monkey on a unicycle throwing popcorn at your friend. Your brain is literally firing at such random points that a bit of the visual center is firing like mad and hence the very visual scene, then your amygdala may fire and you are anxious in your dream, then your frontal lobe goes nuts because in your dream you are flailing your arms. Whatever it may be it is still a random pattern of high activity, in fact it is said that your brain is more active during sleep than during the day. You have no real control over what you dream or you would simply say "no stupid dreams tonight" and all would be said and done lol. I would love to manipulate them if I could though, I have some pretty messed up ones about always being chased and that puts me in a panic when I wake up.
    Last edited by Sci_Girl; 01-25-2012 at 12:28 PM. Reason: spelling

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    1d 17h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I'm sometimes doing very lucid dreams.
    Fav dream : I had magical powers, like in Avatar the Last Air bender
    Last fav : I dreamed that I was killing people and putting them in a plastic bag u_u

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    386 times
    Time Online
    1d 18h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
    When I was growing up people use to tell me if you died in a dream that you would die in real life, so I was always scared to die.

But it happened and I didnt die in real life so I wasn't too bothered lol. When I die in my dreams I become like a ghost, where I float around and I can hear and see people but they don't know I'm weird.

I don't dream to often though and about 95% of my nightmares are zombie related.

"I can hear and see people but they don't know I'm wierd."

Such a way with words, @(you need an account to see links)!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    160 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I do haha
    But i can't control them very well :x
    I love nightmares, they are the best lol

Harry Potter
    Quote Originally Posted by Demo View Post
    "I can hear and see people but they don't know I'm wierd."

Such a way with words, @(you need an account to see links)!
    Ahaha omg I just re read that xD I swear I meant there.... Or did I? Maybe I was in a dream when I wrote that

Or someone edited my post to make me look weirder the I am (;

Thanks
    Mentioned
    44 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    i love that administrators can be a ho and rude because theyre an administrator but when someone defends themselves it gets deleted

1 point for good moderating!