Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How far back can TNT trace the history of a pet/account?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    35d 14h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m

How far back can TNT trace the history of a pet/account?

I'm not sure if this questions has been asked before, but I'm seriously wondering if anyone has a defnite answer to it. Here's my point: I have a one high-end ish UC pet stored on an inactive main, that I sorta use as a main myself now. The sensible person I am I don't go near the PC or actually don't have any social interaction on that account at all. The thing is, I do like writing stories for the NT, writing poems, entering the Beauty Contest, whatever. And there we get to my question: if I were to, say, submit a NT story on that account, two years from now, and some PCer douche sees my account and my fancy-schmancy UC pet and were to report me even though the cache and everything looks fine, would TNT still be able to trace the pet back to the inactive account it came from? And trace back that my account was previously inactive and then suddenly accessed from a different IP? I mean, after over two years of the pet being on the same account, accessed by the same IP and all? For how long do they store that sort of information?

This question had been on my mind for a while.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    always possible, IFFFFFFFFFFF they look into it.
    even then they cant always be sure, afterall a friend could have given it to you for all they know

3. The Following User Says Thank You to |2eap For This Useful Post:

Snow (11-14-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    35d 14h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by jdswatsup View Post
    always possible, IFFFFFFFFFFF they look into it.
    even then they cant always be sure, afterall a friend could have given it to you for all they know
    So they're likely to keep that information for years? And sure, anyone could have given it to me, but if they have access to the IPs that were used by the pets' previous owner, and then the IP used to get the pet to my account, the evidence won't be in my favour. xD

I was kind of hoping that, after such a period of time, they wouldn't have all that information anymore.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    I heard by wind proxies are only tracked for no more then a day like for each log in

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I believe that they are capable of doing this. They just don't. I also think TNT talks a lot of BS when they say "we don't have those records anymore". I have seen them do things that make me question "if the records are really gone".

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    292 times
    Time Online
    145d 12h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Is TNT capable of looking back at previous accounts? Yes, and they have before. For example, I know someone who lost a pet, even though they owned it for OVER a year, when someone reported it. Are all cases like this? No. Normally if someone reports, they need to have solid, readily available evidence, and it's normally the original owner or a close real life friend, such as my friend's case.

Also, be careful with the BC.. I've recently noticed some high end UC pets with very nice names I had never seen before show up in the BC. One in particular, the owner didn't even cache the pet. [EDITED OUT BECAUSE IT MAY BE POSSIBLE TO DETECT OWNER IF SEARCHED AROUND] Hopefully someone doesn't report her because if they do, it's so obvious that pet is bought and possibly others. Huge waste of $$ and beautiful pets

Be smart about your pets. CACHE THEM, PLEASE! The nosy BC'ers may be next.
    Last edited by Charlie; 11-14-2013 at 07:47 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    415 times
    Time Online
    30d 7h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sociopath View Post
    I believe that they are capable of doing this. They just don't. I also think TNT talks a lot of BS when they say "we don't have those records anymore". I have seen them do things that make me question "if the records are really gone".
    Their "too much time has passed" it utter bullshit when I can still see the galleries / NC albums on those accounts. "You can't possibly know what you bought in terms of NC because we suck." OH REALLY, I CAN SEE IT ALL RIGHT THERE.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    54d 15h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    @(you need an account to see links), based on what you said I found out who you were talking about in about 1 minute. o_0 Granted, it was partially luck cuz I saw a picture on the BC home page and I recognize the "UC-pet-owner" art style XD - so basically an educated guess. Gosh those are pretty accounts. If they get frozen I shall be very sad.

*~a ghost in the sunlight~*

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    292 times
    Time Online
    145d 12h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Quote Originally Posted by Drina View Post
    @(you need an account to see links), based on what you said I found out who you were talking about in about 1 minute. o_0 Granted, it was partially luck cuz I saw a picture on the BC home page and I recognize the "UC-pet-owner" art style XD - so basically an educated guess. Gosh those are pretty accounts. If they get frozen I shall be very sad.
    OH. Interesting.. If you did find them, that makes me laugh because I was posting that because the pet I knew about was in the BC last week and didn't place so I didn't think it's matter... But I just looked up the pet again, and it appears they put it back in the BC but with a DIFFERENT picture from last week and not even the same style of art... >.< So, I think they're just asking for it now. xD wow.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    54d 15h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    OH. Interesting.. If you did find them, that makes me laugh because I was posting that because the pet I knew about was in the BC last week and didn't place so I didn't think it's matter... But I just looked up the pet again, and it appears they put it back in the BC but with a DIFFERENT picture from last week and not even the same style of art... >.< So, I think they're just asking for it now. xD wow.
    OMG wow...seriously, wow. All these people who ask for it and get iced and I get iced by pure bad luck. X( Gosh some people are crazy.

*~a ghost in the sunlight~*