[VB6] Ripper Wrapper Issue
Just wondering if anyone has a copy of RipperWrapper? Mine doesn't seem to work and I know from reading that someone streamlined it earlier this year or late last year.
The problem I have is that when I request it load a page and then run the GetStringBetween function it returns nothing, so I'm theorising its not loading a page.... help?
This happens to me sometimes and it's a very strange issue I could not fix nor the actual creator of the wrapper. One temporary solution would be to restart your computer and try again... this usually fixes it.
Maybe you can post the wrapper source code here and someone can try and find a solution? Me and Drew010 tried for a while to fix this and so did @Zachafer on his own but still there was no solution.
Its interesting you say that @Infamouse Joe sure can, I'm not sure if my version is dependent on zgate.dll or not. I don't believe it is, but given that I found it on my old external anything is possible. Especially since the version of Gluraks I'm using seems to have an issue as well. I'm wondering if its because I'm running Win 7 in a VM environment but I can't see that making a difference, I know it has a functional connection.
Do you have zgate.dll in your install directory? That was my problem for a while
^Yeah, you need zgate.dll
It is being used for GZIP decompression in this code.
Try turning off the wrapper's gzip decompression by setting either the .UseGzip or .GZipEnabled property to false. Then let us know if it can get the full page request.
Doesn't seem to be solving the issue, I've got ZGate in Sys32 and in the directory the project is saved in. Not sure if it should be elsewhere, can't imagine so but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Keep it in system32, also put it in the same directory as your .exe
Originally Posted by Integra
PROTIP use VBNet
Originally Posted by Zachafer
vb6 is a waste. Not worth learning. I regret wasting my time on it
I agree its wasteful, but I know it and 2012 :\
I'm going to finish my score sender list maker in VB6 then probably try and migrate myself up to Python or VS2012/13. I'm just gonna use Gluraks to finish this then.