Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When it comes to your Main MAIN, do you Proxy or use your own IP Address?

Texas
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Time Online
    8 d 21 h 57 m
    Avg. Time Online
    6 m

When it comes to your Main MAIN, do you Proxy or use your own IP Address?

This has been bugging me for a while.. I've been thinking about establishing a main, but I'm not confident in my IP address (I autobuy a lot)

I'm usually safe and always use proxies, but I'm not sure if I should use a proxy for my main or my own IP Address?

And if you do recommend proxies, which one? I'd like one that no other user on Neopets could use. I'd hate to be chain frozen.

England
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Time Online
    36 d 16 h 2 m
    Avg. Time Online
    34 m
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazingchampion View Post
    This has been bugging me for a while.. I've been thinking about establishing a main, but I'm not confident in my IP address (I autobuy a lot)

I'm usually safe and always use proxies, but I'm not sure if I should use a proxy for my main or my own IP Address?

And if you do recommend proxies, which one? I'd like one that no other user on Neopets could use. I'd hate to be chain frozen.
    If you want a proxy that no one can use then you have to pay for it (i think) such as vpn hotspot shield, this is what i use when i'm on my main account, if you're going to autobuy on your main account then please don't, i recommend using a shell old enough to restock whatever you want and use a proxy to access the account and a proxy when on the programs you decide to use on it, no point in auto buying on your main account as it will put your account in danger even if you are really safe, you might make one mistake and boom bye bye main.

So i recommend to use VPN hotspot shield on your main and to not auto buy on your main, just auto buy on a shell account and once the items you restock have been secured for a month or two (or however long you want as it is ultimately is your decision) then transfer them to your main, you can either gift them to your main but i don't recommend transferring more than 2 items as it might be flagged as buying items. If you restock a lot of items then put them in a trade and transfer them that way.

I hope i have helped you in some way, if you'd like anymore help then feel free to PM me and i will be more than welcome, if i can't help you with a problem i will try to direct you to someone who can
    Last edited by Snoop Lion; 11-05-2013 at 12:28 PM.

England
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Time Online
    51 d 2 h 29 m
    Avg. Time Online
    45 m
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Lottoyy Steam ID: charlotteguest
    With my Internet Provider, you can choose to change your IP every few days, dynamic IP I think it's called. That being said I never use a proxy on my main as it isn't associated with cheating etc. I sometimes AB on my main too but for like 45 minutes here and there. My times are automatically quite slow as I'm further away from the server etc so its always above 3000ms.

England
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Time Online
    36 d 16 h 2 m
    Avg. Time Online
    34 m
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieG View Post
    With my Internet Provider, you can choose to change your IP every few days, dynamic IP I think it's called. That being said I never use a proxy on my main as it isn't associated with cheating etc. I sometimes AB on my main too but for like 45 minutes here and there. My times are automatically quite slow as I'm further away from the server etc so its always above 3000ms.
    Yh it's an dynamic IP and you don't have to ring up your internet provider to change it, you just reset your router and you get a new IP, but if that doesn't work (but it should as thats what i did when i had my Dynamic IP) then just leave your router off for an hour or so, because that will give enough time for your IP to be assigned to someone else and you will get a new one but all i had to do was reset my router and i'd have a new one.

England
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Time Online
    51 d 2 h 29 m
    Avg. Time Online
    45 m
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Lottoyy Steam ID: charlotteguest
    Yeah I can reset my router for a new one or do it through the online settings. I don't even know what I have it set to but had no issues with it. If your IP is associated with cheating in the past I would definitely use a proxy, they kept freezing my legit accounts on my old IP because of my history of cheating.

England
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Time Online
    36 d 16 h 2 m
    Avg. Time Online
    34 m
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieG View Post
    Yeah I can reset my router for a new one or do it through the online settings. I don't even know what I have it set to but had no issues with it. If your IP is associated with cheating in the past I would definitely use a proxy, they kept freezing my legit accounts on my old IP because of my history of cheating.
    Yeah thats another reason to use a proxy, because even though you might not be cheating on your new main when you get a score reviewed (legit) or your restock a high end item worth a few mil (legit) you will be flagged anyway and they will see your previous history that you cheated and just assume that you cheated again and freeze you.

Texas
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Time Online
    8 d 21 h 57 m
    Avg. Time Online
    6 m
    Yeah, I was frozen 3 years ago from this IP address, that why I think procxies are great, just as long as no other person on Neopets is using that proxy.

The proxies on Hidemy@ss and other sites are constantly recycled.

I think I may buy one, What proxy or VPN would you recommend?

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Time Online
    61 d 12 h 31 m
    Avg. Time Online
    47 m
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HeartbreakJay PSN ID: Clyrkos
    I use my own ip for my main & sides. Vpns & proxies for everything else

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Demetri For This Useful Post:

|2eap (11-05-2013)

Underground
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 1,354 Posts

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    814 Post(s)
    Time Online
    109 d 12 h 34 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 35 m
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: D4NGL
    jay doesnt cheat though keep in mind.

If you cheat on your main, and you have other accts of value. I would consider a VPN.
    In case you do get frozen, you dont lose all of your accounts.
    so far my main is doing fine, I only access it through a vpn and i never go anywhere other then my guild boards

I do transfer illegit things to my main, hopefull a pea chia soon and an asp chia
    I got tons of BD items on my main as well, accessed through illegit means.
    When i think something is safe after however long, i transfer to my main. I never do it right away.

that being said, I use a vpn. tons of ppl use free vpns so they cant chain freeze you, they would actually have to do the work to get all your accts frozen, and tnt's not about the hard work life

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

like right now i'm on an active. just chilling on it. waiting to see how active it really is. i logged when i signed in and waiting till they log me out havent touched anything, just waiting. (fucking stealth lol)

but ofc i use a VPN for this, I use a VPN other a part from what i use for my main. I got 3 diff free VPN services as well as an encrypted tunnel although i think they are generally the same thing. W/ the encrypted tunnel i can choose from 3 locations from three major countries.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,185 Times in 771 Posts

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Time Online
    30 d 7 h 36 m
    Avg. Time Online
    28 m
    Quote Originally Posted by Demetri View Post
    I use my own ip for my main & sides. Vpns & proxies for everything else