Hi everyone...

I was wondering if anyone on here has smoked before and have had an experience trying to quit. I've been smoking since 2007, and I'm regretting the decisions I have made to pick it up. All my friends used to smoke and I was the one who was old enough to buy them so I used to buy them for everyone at the time, after a while I said to myself well if I can buy them for everyone else why not buy myself a pack, and it all started from there. lol!!

Over the years my smoking habit just keeps getting worse, meaning I smoke more and more. It's getting to the point where it's costing me a lot of money, even buying the cheapest I can get. I'm just getting sick of it, and I know I can save myself a lot of money, and any future health problems caused by smoking.

I tried last year, quit cold turkey.. the first few days were horrible, but I did feel better, a few months later I started work and picked it back up again, and am now smoking almost twice as much. I tried before that too with Patches and the same thing happened, I had a relapse and smoked more than I did before. It doesn't end, and I'm worried if I do try to quit again I'll end up smoking more and more.

Trying to weigh out the pros and cons is tough, because I'm also in the process of losing weight, which is going well. I've noticed before that if I don't smoke as much, I eat more. That is also something I'm worried about because I don't want to jeopardize my weight loss. But with that being said, the longer I smoke, the longer I put my internal, and outer health in jeopardy.

Anyways... Have any of you tried to quit smoking before? How did it turn out for you, How long did it take? How was your overall experience? Do you have any tips for me?

I am more than happy to get as much tips as possible. I have one pack of smokes left and I am hoping I will have the motivation to quit this time.