Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    20h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Yo, I wanna buy my first UC!

Okay, so I want to buy my first UC, but I have some questions. Ok, a lot of questions.

1. I saw @(you need an account to see links) say something about how Neopets uses images to take pictures of your system. How does that work? What can I do to avoid it?

2. Relevant to question 1, he mentioned TOR. Can I get a static IP with TOR? Is that the only program that blocks Neo from getting info on your system? Can anyone recommend any programs they've used where they haven't been frozen before?

3. Can Neopets see your MAC addy?

4. I saw @(you need an account to see links) (I think) mention that she's been careless on the PC and not been frozen, but with some pets, she stayed entirely off of the PC and still got frozen. How does Neo track UC's, does anyone know?

5. I would probably need to buy the account with the UC, because I only have 2 sides, and they're as known as my main, especially by this crazy bitch who would love nothing more than to get me frozen. Is that more risky?

6. Um. Yeah. I'm scared. I could use all the advice I can get before I jump ship into this risky territory! I guess I'll post more questions as they come to me, lol.

7. ILY, @(you need an account to see links)!

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Oh ya!

8. How long after my purchase until I know my pet is safe? Can they find out years later and freeze me?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cadence For This Useful Post:

simmie (10-29-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    9d 5h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    1. I think that it is (you need an account to see links) , (you need an account to see links)
    2. I'm not sure you want a static IP. That's one that never changes.
    3. Mac addresses can be spoofed. I haven't tried, but (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    20h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Thanks for the response and the links! I was thinking that it might look less suspicious if I always log in from the same IP. Does anyone know the freeze rate with VPN's?

Pronouns
    minty/fresh
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    1,231 times
    Time Online
    340d 22h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 59m
    1. I saw @(you need an account to see links) say something about how Neopets uses images to take pictures of your system. How does that work? What can I do to avoid it?

Never heard of this, wtf

2. Relevant to question 1, he mentioned TOR. Can I get a static IP with TOR? Is that the only program that blocks Neo from getting info on your system? Can anyone recommend any programs they've used where they haven't been frozen before?

No, TOR can't give you a static IP. This program's mostly if you have a list of accounts and wanna check them with different IPs every time.
    I hear Static IPsec VPN is pretty good.

3. Can Neopets see your MAC addy?

Mac Daddy
    Dunno o-o

4. I saw @(you need an account to see links) (I think) mention that she's been careless on the PC and not been frozen, but with some pets, she stayed entirely off of the PC and still got frozen. How does Neo track UC's, does anyone know?

I'm convinced they don't. Either one of two things happen (in my experience):
    a) A mass of PCers flood TNT with tickets about your pet
    b) TNT mostly tracks account activity and freezes accordingly. I remember I've moved the UC fae draik I won last summer from a semi main I've kept semi active to a shell that had been totally inactive before I logged in...they froze my pet AND the shell she was on for being too suspiciously active (my bad, I know). I've had a few experiences similar to this one.

5. I would probably need to buy the account with the UC, because I only have 2 sides, and they're as known as my main, especially by this crazy bitch who would love nothing more than to get me frozen. Is that more risky?

No, I actually prefer having the account with the UC attached =)

6. Um. Yeah. I'm scared. I could use all the advice I can get before I jump ship into this risky territory! I guess I'll post more questions as they come to me, lol.

It's scary, yeah D:
    Good luck. <3 I have a few inactive pets I've slowly bought from Kylae on a very lowkey main and I have not been frozen *knocks on wood* So I'm convinced TNT doesn't track pets themselves.

8. How long after my purchase until I know my pet is safe? Can they find out years later and freeze me?

Not sure about this one...I remember on my old main I had 4 UCs I've bought and kept dear to me since March, and got frozen in August..but I think that was just because of the freezing massacre back in the summer

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    20h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Thanks, Minty! I love your siggy pic, btw, that's badass! Pertaining to 4, would it be a wise idea to create a new account that matches my current activity level and transfer the pet there eventually?

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

Also, is it a safer bet to buy pets that have been circulating for awhile?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I think you're referring to google cache

Pronouns
    minty/fresh
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    1,231 times
    Time Online
    340d 22h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 59m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadence View Post
    Thanks, Minty! I love your siggy pic, btw, that's badass! Pertaining to 4, would it be a wise idea to create a new account that matches my current activity level and transfer the pet there eventually?

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

Also, is it a safer bet to buy pets that have been circulating for awhile?
    Which one? I have a few in rotation haha

Yes, I would say that's a good idea.
    Or, if you have the account the UC is on, maybe just log into it once on the first day. Then log into it again the next. Repeat on the third day, but maybe stay on for a little longer and mess with the userlookup or something. I've done it for some accounts and they're still alive =) I've also transferred straight off an inactive and prayed my heart out and they've been doing fine too, it's actually how all of my pets have been on my main...it's mostly a hit or miss with these things. But there's nothing wrong with taking the slow transition route

Ummm, I'd say yes if you want to be really active with it, It's safer by a little bit IMO, since it's not totally out of the blue and/or maybe known to be traded around a little, haha, but it all depends on your account.
    There are different pros and cons to it really, I can't give you a definite answer xD

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    20h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Thanks again for all of the info, it's really helpful! I do have one other concern that just came to mind: those nasty Purge Chatters, especially with Panther in the game and Irish online nearly 24/7. I don't even know how she had the time to lie on her back and spit out that many damn kids with how much she's on. It's pathetic. I'm worrying about buying a pet that's on their stalker list.

Also, I'm not talking about caches, he mentioned that they use images on the site to get information on your system. I hope he'll clarify more when he sees this.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    84 times
    Time Online
    10d 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadence View Post

ii was frozen a two years ago for warning against ck; legit people are frozen all the time. its just a game of laying low, and not getting cocky.

(you need an account to see links), and it gives a general idea of how buying an uc should be handled.

looks like everyone else got the other questions. n__n

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    14d 2h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    4. I'm also really interested in the answer to this question. xP
    I have two illegit ucs on my main - one I bought from Kylae and the other I traded for on clraik. Haven't gotten into trouble yet. xD The one I bought, I just logged in a few times on the original shell it came with, using a proxy, put up a user lookup - I was planning to get the uc cached on that account, but then I got impatient and transferred it to my legit side. Got it cached there and eventually transferred to my main. It's fine so far.
    Something I read while digging through some older threads here, if an illegit uc that was originally on the same account as yours was, gets caught and frozen - yours will get frozen too. o.O That's a scary thought and that's probably the only way you can get frozen despite staying inactive and careful? idek.

--
    regarding that how long question, I don't think it is ever really becomes completely safe. :/ I would love to hear someone prove this wrong though. There was this uc faerie grarrl on the pc, and the trade was reversed after two whole years when tnt finally decided it was illegit ? lol.
    Last edited by alien; 10-28-2013 at 07:47 PM.