Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Almost Halloween, what are the best horror films you would recommend?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    149 times
    Time Online
    20d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    scary movies are my shit. some of my favorites are the shining, the descent, the original texas chainsaw massacre, ummmmmm v/h/s 1 & 2 are pretty good.. fourth kind scared me. oh and [rec] is scary too.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    197 times
    Time Online
    37d 18h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by gnar View Post
    scary movies are my shit. some of my favorites are the shining, the descent, the original texas chainsaw massacre, ummmmmm v/h/s 1 & 2 are pretty good.. fourth kind scared me. oh and [rec] is scary too.
    You and Raj should set up a movie night, Liz. If fourth kind scared you I will never ever watch that ever.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    68/0
    Mentioned
    1,177 times
    Time Online
    96d 22h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m

Re: Almost Halloween, what are the best horror films you would recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetlikesugar View Post
    You're crazy, Raj. You enjoy your horror movies while I watch my comedies/romance/reality/mystery movies and shows.

Actually I can watch The Walking Dead with little problem which is weird. Do you watch that show? And Supernatural. I watch it for the eye candy mostly.
    the only ones i can stomach out of those is MAYBE comedy and mystery, romance (unless its with a girl) or reality just make me want to dig a hole, stick my head in it, then plant a tree over it

You and Raj should set up a movie night, Liz.
    ayeee @(you need an account to see links)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Raj For This Useful Post:

gnar (10-30-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    197 times
    Time Online
    37d 18h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Raj View Post
    the only ones i can stomach out of those is MAYBE comedy and mystery, romance (unless its with a girl) or reality just make me want to dig a hole, stick my head in it, then plant a tree over it

ayeee @(you need an account to see links)
    Romance is really good if it's done right! There's this show on the CW right now--Reign. So good. Hot guys everywhere. And pretty girls for the guys. Also Once Upon a Time in Wonderland is romancey but also has a lot of action and mystery.

Reality TV is a whole other thing. It's like watching a train wreck. Terrible but I can't pull my eyes away.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    68/0
    Mentioned
    1,177 times
    Time Online
    96d 22h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m

Re: Almost Halloween, what are the best horror films you would recommend?

Romance is really good if it's done right! There's this show on the CW right now--Reign. So good. Hot guys everywhere. And pretty girls for the guys. Also Once Upon a Time in Wonderland is romancey but also has a lot of action and mystery.

Reality TV is a whole other thing. It's like watching a train wreck. Terrible but I can't pull my eyes away.
    Nahh, I prefer the amount of romance that takes place in the NFL - absolutely none

and yeah, I never am gonna watch reality tv as long as i live. That'd be the ultimate form of torture

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    17h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    @(you need an account to see links) yes! I loved Rec. I didn't dig V/H/S 2 as much as I did the first one. I also enjoyed the original chainsaw massacre. And the Shinning and the descent.
    I feel like I've seen too many scary movies and now it's difficult to find a decent one that I haven't watched
    I watched the Ring alone a while back after seeing it a few times already..but I watched it alone, in the dark inches away from the screen..best scare ever.

Oh and @(you need an account to see links) there's plenty of mancandy in horror movies if that gives you any temptation to start watching them ;P Like the Amytiville Horror w/ Ryan Reynolds

Have you guys seen Martyrs? it's a french horror movie. definitely recommend. And Silent Hill..I've always really liked that movie, it's one I don't mind watching again and again.
    The Orphanage is also a very very good horror movie. scary and creepy but very beautiful. It's in Spanish though.
    I also liked Sinister (watched it cuz sexy Ethan Hawke was in it) but enjoyed the atmosphere of it, especially the creepy music that played while the 8mm films were rolling. The music did it for me on that movie o.o

8. The Following User Says Thank You to HannaRempton For This Useful Post:

baileaf (10-30-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    149 times
    Time Online
    20d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by HannaRempton View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) yes! I loved Rec. I didn't dig V/H/S 2 as much as I did the first one. I also enjoyed the original chainsaw massacre. And the Shinning and the descent.
    I feel like I've seen too many scary movies and now it's difficult to find a decent one that I haven't watched
    I watched the Ring alone a while back after seeing it a few times already..but I watched it alone, in the dark inches away from the screen..best scare ever.

Oh and @(you need an account to see links) there's plenty of mancandy in horror movies if that gives you any temptation to start watching them ;P Like the Amytiville Horror w/ Ryan Reynolds

Have you guys seen Martyrs? it's a french horror movie. definitely recommend. And Silent Hill..I've always really liked that movie, it's one I don't mind watching again and again.
    The Orphanage is also a very very good horror movie. scary and creepy but very beautiful. It's in Spanish though.
    I also liked Sinister (watched it cuz sexy Ethan Hawke was in it) but enjoyed the atmosphere of it, especially the creepy music that played while the 8mm films were rolling. The music did it for me on that movie o.o
    oh yeah i agree the first vhs was definitely the better of the two, OMG i love silent hill too! i could watch it over and over as well. I'll have to check out Martyrs! i feel like i always end up going back to watching older scary movies, some of the new ones are so disappointing D:

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    197 times
    Time Online
    37d 18h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    So tempting, @(you need an account to see links). Ryan Reynolds would keep me safe.... Yeah but no totally not watching that one.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    17h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    @(you need an account to see links) it seems like most, if not all, of the newer horror movies are disappointing. They are either remakes or the same old cliche story.
    But I definitely suggest Martyrs if you don't mind reading subtitles.
    and @(you need an account to see links) ..it was worth a shot haha

12. The Following User Says Thank You to HannaRempton For This Useful Post:

gnar (10-31-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    11h 33m
    Avg. Time Online