26/0
    Mentioned
    256 times
    Time Online
    53d 13h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mint View Post
    It really is for a good while. I've been cheating for almost a year now and I've really learned a lot, I've had pets I could only ever dream of and accounts that people would kill for.

But as I'm nearing the "anniversary" of my year cheating, most of the allure is lacking, lol
    There's just something about everything you've ever wanted being right at your fingertips (for a quick week's salary) that fucks with you. Aaand maybe I'm also getting more involved IRL as opposed to last year

I've spent $300-400+ of my own money on this game and yeah it's a lot to spend on a dead site for someone my age
    But IMO, I regret nothing
    You're either wasting time or money on this game and I'd rather not waste my time on achieving so little when you can spend a lil of dat dough, cheat hard and get a sense of satisfaction in the end
    Money can be replaced (assuming you're a teen-young adult with disposable income- if you're not and money's hard to come by, get your priorities straight before dropping as much as I did), but wasted time can't be.
    So idk live fast die young, yolo

this accurately explains my position

u 'mirin?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Miri For This Useful Post:

Maki (10-28-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    54d 15h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    It's rewarding when all goes well, but I've basically lost $400 towards Neopets Failures so that's pretty depressing. I'm in the same position as @(you need an account to see links), but not as good at this obviously XD I have had some successes but my most recent and most expensive attempts have both failed...

EDIT: - like Mint in that I'm a young adult with disposable income, but that income is TINY. Hence why it really really sucks to have lost that much, it will take months to earn as much again.

*~a ghost in the sunlight~*

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by Drina View Post
    EDIT: - like Mint in that I'm a young adult with disposable income, but that income is TINY. Hence why it really really sucks to have lost that much, it will take months to earn as much again
    Drop out of school and work full-time flipping burgers to sustain your neopets hobby.

That'll be one to tell the kids.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    54d 15h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    Drop out of school and work full-time flipping burgers to sustain your neopets hobby.

That'll be one to tell the kids.
    LOL XD I think I'll keep studying to work as a web developer and that way I can sustain my hobby and have a nice paycheck too!

*~a ghost in the sunlight~*

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Corliss For This Useful Post:

Maki (10-29-2013)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    207/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    49d 16h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Ok so putting money aside, cheating is very rewarding i think, for example you might have a main account that has 320 avatars but you are missing 20 game avatars because you are terrible at them, you could score send one avatar a day and get up to 340 fairly safely if you do it right which is very rewarding