Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Is Cheating Rewarding?

I've had a neopets account for a while, but only started working on earning NP about two years ago.
    I have slowly managed to put 5 million NP into my bank account, and I have a lot of valuable items that if I sold I would probably have around 9-11 Million.
    I feel very proud, it's not a lot-I know, but I do feel a sense of pride when I look into my bank account
    -Then I see people who have hundreds of millions of NP and I'm just like -___- and here I am.
    Do you guys still feel powerful and accomplished by earning large quantities of Neopoints by using auto buyers, Score senders, AoB's and many of the other available cheat programs?
    I can't wait to start using the Stealth Buyer Pro, I would love my bank account to be way up there.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    It's rewarding in that you're achieving all of your neopoint-related wants quickly with little effort,
    but with most game hacks (not just Neopets), the allure of playing is gradually lost once you take the easy route out.

That hardly matters, however. At the end of the day, one must remember this is still a kids game without long-term reward, you otherwise blow countless real hours into disposablepixels, forsaking goals in reality.

More compelling is how easy it is for any player on Neopets to lose their account, legit or not.

Imagine playing by the rules for hours each day for years, becoming somewhat successful with 'xx' million legitimately earned NP or UCs, even reporting the occasional cheater to make the game community a 'better place'. Then you go to sleep and wake up the next day to your account being frozen and you're dumbfounded as to why. You wait weeks to months for a response from TNT, confident you'll get it back, only to never receive a response, or a false accusation from TNT that you cheated and your account will never be returned.
    That's a common scenario as to why the bulk of players are on clraik, or cheating in neopets at all.
    If things weren't so dodgy and could be attained legitimately, then players would have less reason to cheat.
    But since the reality is your account could be taken from you at any moment regardless of the time or effort you put in, why bother?
    It's just a game, cheat away.

---

If you value your main account and it hasn't been frozen yet though, then I'd advise not cheating on it, researching carefully how to best do it before starting, and accepting the increased risk of getting it frozen. You can be skilled at cheating, but nonetheless, it will put any account you do it on under greater odds of being caught.

Maybe experiment on a shell account first (under proxy so you're not IP chained to your main if you're busted), so you lose nothing if that's frozen; and transfer your earnings to your main once you're confident you have everything down.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

Cadence (10-28-2013),HannaRempton (10-28-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Cheating is definitely rewarding! Maybe my opinion is a little biased because I have never really done anything completely legit. Doing things legit takes too much time for me, with not enough reward. I'm greedy with neo and can never have enough NPs. Even if I were to set up a main and start to play legit on it, soon I would want more NPs and would start dipping into my stock of secured things. I just have more fun with more NPs. I like to be able to do whatever I want on the site.
    I've had literally every item you could ever think of, even the ones that were thought to be extinct. So in that respect, certain aspects have lost their allure. But I still like to go through and see what kinda cool stuff I can find on accounts. At this point, I'm just collecting things and building my personal collections; things I could never afford to do before. You can find fun in every layer of the site, whether you have 1billion nps or 10mil nps. It's as fun as you make it
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Cadence (10-28-2013),HannaRempton (10-28-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1d 9h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    It's rewarding in that you're achieving all of your neopoint-related wants quickly with little effort,
    but with most game hacks (not just Neopets), the allure of playing is gradually lost once you take the easy route out.

That hardly matters, however. At the end of the day, one must remember this is still a kids game without long-term reward, you otherwise blow countless real hours into disposablepixels, forsaking goals in reality.

More compelling is how easy it is for any player on Neopets to lose their account, legit or not.

That's a common scenario as to why the bulk of players are on clraik, or cheating in neopets at all.
    If things weren't so dodgy and could be attained legitimately, then players would have less reason to cheat.
    But since the reality is your account could be taken from you at any moment regardless of the time or effort you put in, why bother?
    It's just a game, cheat away.

---

If you value your main account and it hasn't been frozen yet though, then I'd advise not cheating on it, researching carefully how to best do it before starting, and accepting the increased risk of getting it frozen. You can be skilled at cheating, but nonetheless, it will put any account you do it on under greater odds of being caught.

Maybe experiment on a shell account first (under proxy so you're not IP chained to your main if you're busted), so you lose nothing if that's frozen; and transfer your earnings to your main once you're confident you have everything down.
    I have never cheated. I feel alright with that but unlike her I just managed to get 5mil in 4 years, and that's when I started. I came here in hope to get help, the attic hates me and so does the PC they want my Draiks with a Stealthy custom for their basic or pirate draiks. Everywhere those "nice neofriends" are dumping my work and hopes.

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    Cheating is definitely rewarding! Maybe my opinion is a little biased because I have never really done anything completely legit. Doing things legit takes too much time for me, with not enough reward. I'm greedy with neo and can never have enough NPs. Even if I were to set up a main and start to play legit on it, soon I would want more NPs and would start dipping into my stock of secured things. I just have more fun with more NPs. I like to be able to do whatever I want on the site.
    I've had literally every item you could ever think of, even the ones that were thought to be extinct. So in that respect, certain aspects have lost their allure. But I still like to go through and see what kinda cool stuff I can find on accounts. At this point, I'm just collecting things and building my personal collections; things I could never afford to do before. You can find fun in every layer of the site, whether you have 1billion nps or 10mil nps. It's as fun as you make it
    THIS. I feel related to that but I did everything legal. I had no very good items, nothing I can really be proud of. I like doing whatever I want but I need help with all that cheating stuff. I really feel helpless here a little...maybe I need a guide.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    17h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    This is a very light and awesome way to look at things when it comes to cheating.
    Go all the way and don't take it too seriously.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    I have a bit of a different take on this as I do not really use cheats , just make them. For me the act of creating a program is artwork , that sounds a little dramatic but it is a very creative process. Alot of the time you have to think outside the box to see possible errors that may crop up and fix them before release. I also like the way you can structure your code so its all based on classes and functions and upgrade the code as new versions come out. It is like starting with a simple canvas and layering on complexity.

The act of creating programs is very rewarding , not so much in neopoints or anything else but you learn so much everytime. With every program I make I learn some new little technique or a better way to do things and I know theres still alot I do not know... Why do I want to learn this ? I do not know . I work in a factory not in computers I just find it enjoyable. Some people play golf , some people play football I hack games .

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DarkByte For This Useful Post:

fruitbat (10-28-2013),Maki (10-28-2013),Sociopath (10-28-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1d 9h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkByte View Post
    I have a bit of a different take on this as I do not really use cheats , just make them. For me the act of creating a program is artwork , that sounds a little dramatic but it is a very creative process. Alot of the time you have to think outside the box to see possible errors that may crop up and fix them before release. I also like the way you can structure your code so its all based on classes and functions and upgrade the code as new versions come out. It is like starting with a simple canvas and layering on complexity.

The act of creating programs is very rewarding , not so much in neopoints or anything else but you learn so much everytime. With every program I make I learn some new little technique or a better way to do things and I know theres still alot I do not know... Why do I want to learn this ? I do not know . I work in a factory not in computers I just find it enjoyable. Some people play golf , some people play football I hack games .
    The last sentence made me laugh. If I could program I would but I can't i tried it out for several years and it wan't that much fun, that'S why I also think I can not or couldn't do it well. I'm more an artist with my camera or my tablet.
    I feel retarded

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    17h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    ^You sir are a very intelligent man for creating programs and I'm glad it's something you enjoy.
    I have zero clue as to how programs are made, I only follow the more or less simple instructions given to us on how to use a program.
    But thank you for your work, always appreciated! It's like magic to us ignorant folks.
    Last edited by HannaRempton; 10-28-2013 at 01:49 PM. Reason: *sir

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    The closest thing to rewarding for me is screwing someone over.
    Last edited by Sociopath; 10-28-2013 at 05:38 PM.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sociopath For This Useful Post:

Jules (10-28-2013),Maki (10-28-2013),Raj (10-28-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1d 9h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sociopath View Post
    The closest thing thing to rewarding for me is screwing someone over.
    why? /pats back
    Why are you mad?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to minuhi For This Useful Post:

fruitbat (10-28-2013)