Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Rational behind Trades Price Controls?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    The only thing the illegit side of neo has done is help keep the activity up onsite. We bring inactive uc's back into the pound chat and make it possible for them to get their dream. That is.. when they aren't fucking with us or our pets.

You might be able to find eye raising items that pop up for sale on the BD chat, but that's not really a surprise. Some people don't know how to keep their things on the downlow or how to sell properly onsite. I have at least half a dozen accounts that I'm actively selling things from onsite. On these accounts, I think all but one of them have a value of about 300mil on them in various items/pure. We help bring previously "extinct" items back into circulation. There has been a tremendous drop in active players on the BD chat. The other culprit is TNT and them screwing with the BD and people losing interest that way. If you have seen somebody get a stamp avatar in the past few years, there is a 90% chance that the stamps they bought came from illegit players. I can think of quite a few albums I helped complete with my stamps... many top notch players too.

Sites like ck most definitely help keep the neo economy alive. TNT certainly doesn't help at all. They don't care about anything other than neocash.

I think the issue was addressed about other sites having no price limit. Go sell there? Nobody is stopping you from doing that. But we have rules here for a reason, and if you want to sell here then you need to follow them. Follow the rules and we will have no problems at all and everybody can be happy!

Your entire post was the only argument I was making about the economy being ruined.

There should be less people with UC pets, there should be less people with stamp avatars, there should be less people with less of less of everything (whew)

You just proved my point for me, and that was the only one I had. These items coming out no where have obviously gone below what they would go if they were legit and only coming out once every year/two years.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sociopath For This Useful Post:

Maki (10-27-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/3
    Mentioned
    451 times
    Time Online
    187d 15h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizzy View Post
    If cK raised the price to $5 per mill, prices on other forums would go up to $4 per mill
    That's what Joe is saying and he's not wrong to say it.

Let's do it

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ghosts For This Useful Post:

Drizzy (10-27-2013),Skarl (10-27-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 20h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sociopath View Post
    Your entire post was the only argument I was making about the economy being ruined.

There should be less people with UC pets, there should be less people with stamp avatars, there should be less people with less of less of everything (whew)

You just proved my point for me, and that was the only one I had. These items coming out no where have obviously gone below what they would go if they were legit and only coming out once every year/two years.
    I didn't really prove your point though? o-o
    If there is a demand, we are just filling that demand. People want UC's, and we are providing them with UC's. This spurs more trading because there are more UC's. With TNT completing screwing the values of krawks/draiks, the only thing of value left is UC's. I don't see a negative side to bringing more UC's around.

I also don't see the problem with more people having stamp avatars. It's a game, people want to get new things and reach their goals. We are simply here to help them reach their goals. When I have sold things like that, I don't sell for stupid prices like 100mil for a coltzan or garoo. I have sold garoo for 300mil pure, coltzans for 250-300, bss for the equivalent of 185m in USD to a collector.

We aren't hurting anybody at all. We sell the items, turn it into pure/ets then sell that. That pure/ets is then sold back and added back into the game, but there are now more buyers onsite.

I'm rambling now. But I don't see how we HURT the neo-economy.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sociopath View Post

EXACTLY u just proved OUR POINT. who the fuck wants to pay a bil neopoints for soemthing? lets be honest hear.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    1,992 times
    Time Online
    279d 19h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    Your question regarding the rationale behind the $2 per mill policy has been answered.
    This is not an economics debate and we arent gunna get into it.

Hello I am retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Serrah
    Why would I need to buy from anyone else anyways? You're practically walmart
    (you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drizzy For This Useful Post:

Cath (10-27-2013),I_royalty_I (10-27-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    970 times
    Time Online
    279d 7h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    I was napping for this whole charade, so I'm just going to pop in a thought I didn't see mentioned anywhere here.

You complain about the forums being too high at $2 a mil and we should lower the limit so people can sell. You realize that NP selling websites out there sell their NPs for $4-$5 per mil, and sell tons. They sell NP, they sell items, they sell NC, they sell pets and they sell mains. They sell all of it, a lot, every day, for way more then the forums. There are many of these sites, several of the people that own them lurk here, and laugh at how ridiculously funny it would be to them if you lowered the price even more, because they don't have to, everyone still buys at the same price out there.

Now, the even funnier part is, those website owners buy at $3 a mil, most of them. They buy from safe, reputible sellers. It doesn't matter if you came along saying you'd sell at $1.50 or $1 per mil, they'd laugh in your face because they don't know who you are and they don't care, because they only buy from the safe suppliers who have been doing this for years. The suppliers don't need to lower their prices or undercut, they did the work, they put in the time, they earned the respect they needed.

So you go ahead and think about making that $1 when if you just put in a little time into yourself and letting people get to know you and building up your business and make three times as much, instead of fighting over scraps cause you just want to dump your change and get out.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kylae For This Useful Post:

Bettser (10-28-2013),Cath (10-27-2013),DarkAngel (10-27-2013),Drizzy (10-27-2013),Ghosts (10-27-2013),I_royalty_I (10-27-2013),Sellinglikealways (10-27-2013),Skarl (10-27-2013),Soul (10-27-2013)