Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rational behind Trades Price Controls?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    13d 10h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Don't get me wrong, I see tremendous value @ clraik. And I hope it continues to thrive. When you're turning away new sellers away for "the greater good" or because you feel that buyers should only buy from established sellers (fuck mom&pop sellers right?), then this forum will eventually turn into a forum people come to download bots, then trade for NPs elsewhere.

I guess it's just a suggestion at this point, if I'm allowed to make it. I'm feeling like I've just realized my favorite forum has become totalitarian- so please don't ban me!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    It's a great suggestion and someone previously said oh clraik is what other forums base their prices off....yeah they take your number and undercut you.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    35/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    7d 11h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I'm not a seller nor a buyer. I don't have much merit when it comes down to the whole buy/selling scene, but without a floor, price per $ of np will diminish as previous post stated. Right now it's $2/mil. If we decrease to $1.5/m , how long before price fall so low that np becomes worthless (1 cent / mil). Many programmers can easily offset the the neopet market. By setting a floor, it also establish other important factors for HT, ETS, and other retired time. Imaging SUAP exceed 2 billion np, or even higher. (You simply have to look at the bigger picture). We all know that np can be early freely, and those talented programmer can probably generate million or billion of neopoints over night if they ever decided to and choke out market from the normal folks, but they don't. They simply give some of us a chance to make a quick bucks on the side. If other forum have a better rules or standard, you can simply sell it over there.
    As we all know that neopet is a dying community, there are fewer and fewer players out there, and those who continue to stick around are probably in high school or older by now.
    My First Guide on [GM] Score Sending

My Second Guide on How to AoB (Array of Bytes) Habitarium

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sociopath View Post
    "A price floor set above the market equilibrium price has several side-effects. Consumers find they must now pay a higher price for the same product. As a result, they reduce their purchases or drop out of the market entirely. Meanwhile, suppliers find they are guaranteed a new, higher price than they were charging before. As a result, they increase production."

When activity goes down, prices should be dropped. The rational is to blame it on school, but is that really the case here? I don't know.
    But when several people are complaining about activity drops prices should be changed accordingly.

$1.5/mil
    Well you wouldn't know whether school/this time of year was the reason unless you have been around long enough to see it happen every year. I have seen that, so that's why I can say with confidence that that is one of the main reasons for the decrease in activity. I made a thread asking where everyone went and the main reason was school, that just backs it up even more.

The price has been set at $2/mil for quite awhile now. There are no plans to change it anytime soon. You can go somewhere else and buy things if you want, but I'd say most of the well known/most experienced people are here at ck. Yes, other places have a market, but most of those people are newer and came in after many people here.

@(you need an account to see links)
    What I'm hearing from the current arguments is that you aren't selling as much as you would want, as fast as you would like. That we should have some sort of special treatment for newer members? If you want people to come to you over more established members, then stick around and establish yourself. Nothing in life is fair, nothing in life is just handed to you. You have to work for it. Many of the big sellers have repeat buyers simply because they do things properly and people know them. So if you want to break in and get sales, then set yourself apart. Youre not going to get anywhere bickering with staff about it because things aren't gonna be changing anytime soon. It can be done, there are many new sellers around, you just have to put in the work. Maybe instead of selling three items, break it into pure and say you are selling pure or taking requests. That way you expand what you can provide instead of making it a very small selection.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Allegra (10-28-2013),Drizzy (10-27-2013),Ghosts (10-27-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Some of us have large amounts of pure and would take total control of the market if this were the case OP.
    you sell for 50 cents a mil then i'd sell for 25 cents a mil cuz i got so much of it i'd still be banking. while on the other hand you'd be making barely.

not saying you dont have large amounts, thats just the gist of it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to |2eap For This Useful Post:

Maki (10-27-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    Well you wouldn't know whether school/this time of year was the reason unless you have been around long enough to see it happen every year. I have seen that, so that's why I can say with confidence that that is one of the main reasons for the decrease in activity. I made a thread asking where everyone went and the main reason was school, that just backs it up even more.

The price has been set at $2/mil for quite awhile now. There are no plans to change it anytime soon. You can go somewhere else and buy things if you want, but I'd say most of the well known/most experienced people are here at ck. Yes, other places have a market, but most of those people are newer and came in after many people here.
    You all go on other forums anyway. Some of you, no names, change your prices on forum to forum and yes we all know I am referencing top people not just small ones.

I just think there should be allowed to be whatever prices you want.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sociopath For This Useful Post:

Maki (10-27-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    509 times
    Time Online
    43d 16h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Hmm. If people have such a problem with the price settings, just don't sell on here. Simple as that. I mean it's the cK rules, and it's not going to change. At least not anytime soon.

I worked hard to earn reputation and credibility within this community before I even thought about selling anything, and it was worth it. Just because other people are selling does not mean people won't buy from you. If you look closely, at this point in there year; everyone is selling and no one is buying. That's just how it goes.
    Last edited by Soul; 10-27-2013 at 06:42 PM.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soul For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (10-27-2013),Skarl (10-27-2013),Sociopath (10-27-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    ONE MORE point i'd like to make.
    you dont have to sell for 2/ mil
    no ones says you HAVE to do anything. you HAVE to advertise for 2/mil. when i buyer comes along you can hook them up if you please, maybe influencing them to stick around.

as for new sellers, ofc ppl are gonna be more inclined to buy from other, more reputable members.

think about it, some rando comes in and all the sudden wants to sell. no ones knows if their shit is legit, or if they really know what they are doing. or if they just happened to stumble in and see that they could make money of the shit they have from being legit. even legit things can be transfered improperly. Like all the mods have been saying, you have to esablish yourself. put some effort into it and not just come here to sell. THATS SKETCH AS FUCK. I'd rather buy unregs/ shells/ accts/ pets from a reputable member myself cuz its not worth the risk buying from a newbie whos gonna let it go for low ball prices. not even knowing if its good or not cuz no one knows.

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

You all go on other forums anyway. Some of you, no names, change your prices on forum to forum and yes we all know I am referencing top people not just small ones.

This is true, but trust me, when those "other forums" drop down to less then what we feel needed. we will not be there anymore. We have enough stock of things where we can afford 1.50/ mil. then next thing you know the economy crashes, or too much shady trading goes down and the economy still crashes.
    when all the small ppl run out of stuff from selling their shit for so low. who will be left? thats right, us.

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

and besides half the time its the larger ppl gobbling up these low ball prices cuz its great profit, just increasing our stock THAT much more for such minimal effort, time, and money. When the small scale spends the effort and time, and pockets their 5 dollars and goes and buys a soda and some chips.

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

also what happens if the price per mil is so low and you wanna trade pure for an account or anything of that sort.

good luck coming up with 22 mil out of your ass to buy just a starter main.
    when 22 mil could potentially get you a pretty nice main acct. sometimes epic if the right seller

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

I like this time of year, i get to gobble up shit. and when christmas break/ summer comes around. who will reign supreme?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m

I'm on other sites, but most sites can't even touch the amount of activity that ck has.
    Let them allow the trading section to run wild, eventually it will just crash. I have no problem letting all the new players over there sell cheaper, eventually they will run out or get frozen. Then I'll be here with my supply of safe NPs/accounts/pets/nc/etc to pick up the slack

You can sell for whatever prices you want, so long as you don't go stupidly cheap and go under $2/mil. If you wanna sell lower than that, you will have to head elsewhere.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 12h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 12m
    This is actually being taken a little farther than it should between some of you.

I'm doing you guys a huge favor here. I thought of the outcome before having it implemented about 2+ years ago and since then the Neopets economy has been great. If I had not done this, people would have kept pushing stolen NP/items/pets into the market and everyone would be buying it all for pennies (no fun which leads to no players).

I really don't have to explain myself here but having the limit in place makes sales much slower and this leads to NP being drained so the supply isn't overflowing. There is much more to it than this, though.

Now my question to everyone is, what would you think about having the limit raised to $3/m? ......or $6?
    Last edited by j03; 10-27-2013 at 07:02 PM.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------