Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rational behind Trades Price Controls?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by ritzwin View Post
    Common guys, lets give me the real answer.
    Well obviously for larger transactions you can get under the price.
    It seems you may be upset about being told to keep your prices at $2/mil in your thread, and to be honest, 30mil isn't bulk. You can sell high end things under $2/mil, sure. Things like high end stamps, weapons, or large amounts of ets even. Other sites are nothing compared to ck, let's face it.
    We are the best and most active neo community out there. If you want to sell, you need to follow our rules. They are there for very specific reasons.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

2. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Ghosts (10-27-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    86 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    idk. i only buy accounts/pets/services on this forum. those things aren't set in price you often you can find great deals here. if you dont like the np price just find another place without the set price. smart people dont just scout around walmart or something, they go to walmart,costco, k-mart, etc.

also for the school thing, its always dead during school. itll pick up a bit after the new altador cup comes.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to katix For This Useful Post:

Maki (10-27-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    415 times
    Time Online
    30d 7h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m

Rational behind Trades Price Controls?

You bring up a good point: it's theoretically hard for a new seller to gain reputation and sales when established folks and having to abide by set prices... so the current/original sellers dominate like Walmart. What's important to consider, though, is buyer safety. I know @(you need an account to see links) has contacted me if it seemed like I was making a buy from someone sketch.

The use of the same seller lets a buyer pin point hiccups. My preferred seller on here is very competitive with his pricing and fair. He also has a variety of inventory and if what I want isn't available he'll refer me to a trusted source. The question isn't really about opportunity for new sellers to enter the market... it's more so about why would buyers ever stray?

My account safety is worth more to me than pinching a few pennies... and my preferred seller works with me when I need to be frugal. No need for anyone else in our business relationship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    187 times
    Time Online
    31d 22h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    The market has been going downhill ever since it was established. I remember selling for $5/6 a mil, on the very rare occasion (when nobody else had stock) I would get $7/mil. That was back in like.. 2009. Since then things have been getting cheaper and cheaper. This time of year is always slow. The sellers still have things but aren't doing as much along the lines of getting new things. And the buyers aren't buying as much. It's pretty much just the way things go.
    The main audience is college aged people now a days, give or take. Everyone is busy with work/school/etc this time of the year. It usually picks back up over the winter and towards the end of spring/summer.

I completely agree with your statement but i was kinda pointing towards things like the big nc/uc/item market ......just being off of here for a short bit of time the market seems to be flooded with many more of everything since the beginning of summer since i 1st got here ....... like for example how many people were selling all the ucs before summer ..... just Kylae and now look at the market I can name like 3-6 more people that can hook me up with any uc that i want....the same goes for nc and big ticket neopoint items

now obviously it could just be that the market is super flooded right now or it could be because i was just getting back into all of this in may and I was super ignorant but my head is kinda telling me otherwise

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/3
    Mentioned
    451 times
    Time Online
    187d 15h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenis View Post
    I completely agree with your statement but i was kinda pointing towards things like the big nc/uc/item market ......just being off of here for a short bit of time the market seems to be flooded with many more of everything since the beginning of summer since i 1st got here ....... like for example how many people were selling all the ucs before summer ..... just Kylae and now look at the market I can name like 3-6 more people that can hook me up with any uc that i want....the same goes for nc and big ticket neopoint items

now obviously it could just be that the market is super flooded right now or it could be because i was just getting back into all of this in may and I was super ignorant but my head is kinda telling me otherwise
    I don't know this for sure, but I was sort of under the impression that the people selling every UC pet work with Kylae, which makes the market look more flooded than it is. I don't think that they each have a full set of UCs themselves.

I could be entirely wrong though, that's just what I assumed.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I actually agree wholeheartedly with OP I was going to create this topic but you beat me to it. I don't agree with the price limits and especially the NC $1 cap minimum. I'm not a NC buyer, but to me the $1 minimum is just basically a "who I like better I'll buy from" and that's stupid. What is this a popularity contest?

These price limits in my opinion (which is basically fact) are to ensure the few people that have large stock (wow the moderators surprise surprise) don't sell below what they want their assets to be let go for. That's basically it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sociopath For This Useful Post:

ritzwin (10-27-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    415 times
    Time Online
    30d 7h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts View Post
    I don't know this for sure, but I was sort of under the impression that the people selling every UC pet work with Kylae, which makes the market look more flooded than it is. I don't think that they each have a full set of UCs themselves.

I could be entirely wrong though, that's just what I assumed.
    Not sure what the point of that joint venture would be... especially when the person you fancy as the original is on the same forum. I don't think UC sales have become like drug deals with Middlemen, lol. Why would I buy from a secondary source if the primary is available? And why let the secondary sell and lose profit?

I've always thought folks derived those pets from hashlists (or similar means) and time to evaluate each account.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    187 times
    Time Online
    31d 22h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sociopath View Post
    I actually agree wholeheartedly with OP I was going to create this topic but you beat me to it. I don't agree with the price limits and especially the NC $1 cap minimum. I'm not a NC buyer, but to me the $1 minimum is just basically a "who I like better I'll buy from" and that's stupid. What is this a popularity contest?

These price limits in my opinion (which is basically fact) are to ensure the few people that have large stock (wow the moderators surprise surprise) don't sell below what they want their assets to be let go for. That's basically it.

See but thats where your wrong....... price floors are a good thing to ensure the market for everyone keeps somewhat stable but the only problem with the rules currently are that the moderators seem to have the advantage because the have been in this business the longest and are the best at it..... thats why they hold their positions honestly

It just becomes hard for the "small business" to compete with the "800 pound gorillas" of the market if you know what im saying

because the overall point is not to let the market diminish to dust

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    415 times
    Time Online
    30d 7h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m

Quote Originally Posted by Sociopath View Post

Logical perspective. As a primary buyer, I have no qualms with the $1 set rate. Still cheaper and easier than trading on site... but you're right about the inventory variance. Very hard for new sellers to enter this market.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenis View Post
    See but thats where your wrong....... price floors are a good thing to ensure the market for everyone keeps somewhat stable but the only problem with the rules currently are that the moderators seem to have the advantage because the have been in this business the longest and are the best at it..... thats why they hold their positions honestly

It just becomes hard for the "small business" to compete with the "800 pound gorillas" of the market if you know what im saying

because the overall point is not to let the market diminish to dust
    "A price floor set above the market equilibrium price has several side-effects. Consumers find they must now pay a higher price for the same product. As a result, they reduce their purchases or drop out of the market entirely. Meanwhile, suppliers find they are guaranteed a new, higher price than they were charging before. As a result, they increase production."

When activity goes down, prices should be dropped. The rational is to blame it on school, but is that really the case here? I don't know.
    But when several people are complaining about activity drops prices should be changed accordingly.

$1.5/mil

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sociopath For This Useful Post:

ritzwin (10-27-2013)