Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rational behind Trades Price Controls?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    13d 10h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

Rational behind Trades Price Controls?

(you need an account to see links)

What's the rational here? Keep out competition from the established buyers? New sellers have to sell for the same price as old ones. Who's the buyer going to go to- someone who's trustworthy and established or the new guy with 5 posts selling for the same price.

That's what it feels like. I mean if this forum doesn't like competition that's cool- it just appeared like a freer place when I first joined.

Also the price on other forums without price controls is barely lower than here. $2 for small transactions and down to like MAYBE $1.3 for huge transactions. So don't give me any BS about "The price will crash!"
    Last edited by ritzwin; 10-27-2013 at 01:00 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ritzwin For This Useful Post:

Sociopath (10-27-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/3
    Mentioned
    451 times
    Time Online
    187d 15h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 9m
    If the NP price limit wasn't in place, NP would be selling for $0.50/m or less, and the market would be dead. It's better for everybody.

It's the same with NC, the market was dying, so the $1/cap rule was implemented. It helps everybody get more for the stuff that they're selling.
    Last edited by Ghosts; 10-27-2013 at 01:02 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 8h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    It's to keep things rolling and keep the neo-economy alive. If people were left to keep undercutting soon it wwould've $0.25/mil.
    I don't think it has anything to do with keeping out new people from selling. But at the same time, you should have to establish your reputation if you want sales. Why would somebody wanna go with the new person with 5 posts when there is a well established person who is very trustworthy selling the se thing they are after. There are perks for sticking around, building your rep and giving back to the forum.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

futoss (10-28-2013),Ghosts (10-27-2013),Skarl (10-27-2013),Soul (10-27-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    187 times
    Time Online
    31d 22h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts View Post
    If the NP price limit wasn't in place, NP would be selling for $0.50/m or less, and the market would be dead. It's better for everybody.
    To be far and to be honest the market is kinda dead already........there are truly not a whole lot of people making sales here now adays........even since school has started the market has begun to tail off a large amount and if people are smart enough they dont buy nps directly through here to maintain the price market

.......things are only truly worth what people are willing to pay for them and its just sad to say that the neopets market that we are mainly here for is falling to rock bottom in front of our very eyes

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    86 times
    Time Online
    35d 4h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    i have no problem buying from a newbie. just use a MM. i dont see any discrimination against newbies selling things. plus like ghosts said. np price is set just to keep the market alive.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    13d 10h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by ritzwin View Post
    Also the price on other forums without price controls is barely lower than here. $2 for small transactions and down to like MAYBE $1.3 for huge transactions. So don't give me any BS about "The price will crash!"
    Common guys, lets give me the real answer.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 8h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenis View Post
    To be far and to be honest the market is kinda dead already........there are truly not a whole lot of people making sales here now adays........even since school has started the market has begun to tail off a large amount and if people are smart enough they dont buy nps directly through here to maintain the price market

.......things are only truly worth what people are willing to pay for them and its just sad to say that the neopets market that we are mainly here for is falling to rock bottom in front of our very eyes
    The market has been going downhill ever since it was established. I remember selling for $5/6 a mil, on the very rare occasion (when nobody else had stock) I would get $7/mil. That was back in like.. 2009. Since then things have been getting cheaper and cheaper. This time of year is always slow. The sellers still have things but aren't doing as much along the lines of getting new things. And the buyers aren't buying as much. It's pretty much just the way things go.
    The main audience is college aged people now a days, give or take. Everyone is busy with work/school/etc this time of the year. It usually picks back up over the winter and towards the end of spring/summer.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    187 times
    Time Online
    31d 22h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m

Give you the real answer......that is the real answer...... the price floor helps keep things as stable as you possibly could go it also makes things more legit and cuts down on the competition and price slashing like you tried to do yesterday with a few tiny little neo items.......yes super duper bulk is acceptable but having that floor makes it so you cant just show up to this site randomly for who knows how long and under mine the market

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Wenis For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (10-27-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/3
    Mentioned
    451 times
    Time Online
    187d 15h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 9m
    No offence, but you're just angry that you can't start making lots of money without building a rep. You're not listening to the other side. It's not about keeping new sellers out. It's about giving everybody a chance.

Clraik is the biggest/most active Neopets cheating forum as of right now, so it sort of controls the price of stuff on other forums, since a lot of those sellers are people from here.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ghosts For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (10-27-2013)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 4h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Well in case you haven't noticed, cK has the biggest and most active trading community. This leads other forums to use us as a price guide.

There is your answer.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Cath (10-27-2013),DarkAngel (10-27-2013),Emily (10-27-2013),Ghosts (10-27-2013),I_royalty_I (10-27-2013),Lavendrae (10-31-2013),Maki (10-27-2013),Soul (10-27-2013)