8/0
    Mentioned
    41 times
    Time Online
    11d 2h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

Any Anberlin fans?

Anberlin is an American alternative rock/indie band originating from Winter Haven, Florida. Here's a list of their albums with links to Youtube playlists -

(you need an account to see links) - 2002
    (you need an account to see links) - 2005
    (you need an account to see links) - 2006
    ((you need an account to see links) - 2007, a collection of B-sides)
    (you need an account to see links) - 2008
    (you need an account to see links) - 2010
    (you need an account to see links) - 2012
    ((you need an account to see links) - 2013, deluxe edition of Vital that included live recordings, remixes, and B-sides. The Youtube playlist provided has only a few songs from Devotion)
    (you need an account to see links) - 2014

Starting with Never Take Friendship Personal, each album has a finale song as its final track. Fan favorites are "(*Fin)" from Cities and "Dance, Dance, Christa Paffgen" from Never Take Friendship Personal.

In my opinion, Cities and Lowborn are their best albums, closely followed by New Surrender. Vital has its moments too, and is considered their best by some people, but for some reason it falls short for me (but its finale "God, Drugs, and Sex" is probably my favorite Anberlin song of all time). But the best part about this band is that they truly have something for everyone. They have hard rock songs with screaming ("The Feel Good Drag"), they have soft acoustic songs ("Mother", originally performed by Danzig), electronic songs ("IJSW" and "City Electric"), love songs ("Inevitable" and "Dismantle.Repair."), breakup songs ("Blame Me! Blame Me!" and "Atonement"), politically-themed songs ("The Resistance" and "Someone, Anyone"), songs that are completely up to the listener to interpret ("(*Fin)" and "The Unwinding Cable Car"), anything you could ask for, they probably have it.

Lowborn is Anberlin's final album as they are breaking up at the end of 2014.

If you've never heard this band and are a fan of the genre, please do yourself a favor and take a listen! Start with Cities, as it's probably the most iconic Anberlin album. If you like what you hear, go for Never Take Friendship Personal, Lowborn, or New Surrender next.
    Last edited by spike; 07-30-2014 at 11:12 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    60 times
    Time Online
    20d 9h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    They are my favorite workout music band Nice fast beats to get you pumped up!

My favorite is Time and Confusion

[video=]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud-AOLbto3s[/video]
    There are no girls on the internet.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to osiyo For This Useful Post:

spike (07-30-2014)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    41 times
    Time Online
    11d 2h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by osiyo View Post
    They are my favorite workout music band Nice fast beats to get you pumped up!

My favorite is Time and Confusion

[video=]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud-AOLbto3s[/video]
    When memories fade, we've got each other

Glad to see I'm not the only one here who likes them, at least!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to spike For This Useful Post:

osiyo (07-30-2014)