DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    7h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    So, along with the moral issues of taxing the poor folk into oblivion...

Here's another point on the topic. Where do you draw the line on what is considered a fatty food and what's not? Candy bars, sure. Kool aide? Definitely! Queso dip? Oh yeah. Unsalted wheat grain tortilla chips? Eh... I would say no. Hot pockets? Oh yeah! Lean Pockets? Borderlined... Lean Cuisine? But its for diets... Mtn dew? SUPER BAD! Diet Dew? Not so bad...

I think obesity has a LOT to do with bad decisions, imo. You could go home and bake some chicken, cut up a tomato and put it on a burger bun... but that's takes too long... so you head to Mc D's on your way home from work. That right there, is a bad decision.

Drinking regular mountain dew or a lot of energy drinks, this is a bad decision. It doesn't do much, but switch to diet pops. Grab a 5 hour energy if you need that energy, because Monster and Rockstar are atrocious to your body! Not to mention they screw with your metabolism!

If junk food were harder to come by or had some regulations as to what was in it, I think it would make for a better system in general. If the FDA would start limiting calories or sugar and salt content on certain foods, I think it would work better than taxing it.
    - N -

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    33m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I personally believe that the Fat tax won't do much to stop people from buying fatty foods, unless they are already committed to loosing weight. However, America's government could use some more tax funds, and a fat tax might help the economy as well as the population, without angering the rest of the tax payers by jumping taxes. As a Canadian citizen, I think such a tax should be implemented in Canada to pay for Canada's obesity. Our taxes go partially to our health care program; something that obese people use quite frequently. If Canada had the fat tax, it would help fund those people without draining the rest of the country's tax dollars.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    5h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    yes. If everything else is taxed, why not foods that take years away from your life?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    No! because skinny people love junk/fatty foods also!
    (you need an account to see links)