75/0
    Mentioned
    60 times
    Time Online
    20d 9h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sociopath View Post
    You know whats bullshit? The fact an ambulence company charged me $1100 TWO TIMES because they took me like 3 miles two times. Ridiculous.

With that you all are capable of anything.

my company was $1800 per ride + $2400 if the medics had to ride along
    There are no girls on the internet.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by osiyo View Post

my company was $1800 per ride + $2400 if the medics had to ride along
    I'm sorry but that's the biggest bullshit I've ever heard. That's absolutely disgusting.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    60 times
    Time Online
    20d 9h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I'm sorry but that's the biggest bullshit I've ever heard. That's absolutely disgusting.
    US health system - you pay for all the schmucks who can't/don't. Insurance usually covers ambulance rides at least (albeit with a $500 or so deductible). You can also refuse care (and therefore not pay for the ambulance called to the scene).

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    US health system - you pay for all the schmucks who can't/don't. Insurance usually covers ambulance rides at least (albeit with a $500 or so deductible). You can also refuse care (and therefore not pay for the ambulance called to the scene).
    Yeah my insurance company didn't cover shit for the ambulance rides. I had to pay out of pocket. I'm actually still dealing with this shit because the company turned me over to a collection agency even though I paid for the dumb shit.

It was psychiatric related, I really had no choice.
    But trust me...I will be driving myself to a hospital while doing anything. Having a heart attack, I just got shot in the brain, you name it. Never again will someone rape me for $2000 for driving me 6 miles.

/end rant

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sociopath For This Useful Post:

Maki (10-22-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    60 times
    Time Online
    20d 9h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Yeah my insurance company didn't cover shit for the ambulance rides. I had to pay out of pocket. I'm actually still dealing with this shit because the company turned me over to a collection agency even though I paid for the dumb shit.

It was psychiatric related, I really had no choice.
    But trust me...I will be driving myself to a hospital while doing anything. Having a heart attack, I just got shot in the brain, you name it. Never again will someone rape me for $2000 for driving me 6 miles.

/end rant

ooof, that sucks. I would be intrigued as to why your insurance refused to cover it, but I'm going to guess that's sensitive information. In the future if it ever, god forbid, happens again, you can usually sweet talk to repayment section of the company into giving you a break on the payments/ a nice deal on it. They usually don't expect a single payer to pay the entire bill (prices are inflated so when insurance pays a fraction of it it is enough to cover all costs) and are willing to work with people.

when my bro didn't have insurance, they let him pay ~1/2 the bill over a 6 month period and called it even. Sucks you got screwed over.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    ooof, that sucks. I would be intrigued as to why your insurance refused to cover it, but I'm going to guess that's sensitive information. In the future if it ever, god forbid, happens again, you can usually sweet talk to repayment section of the company into giving you a break on the payments/ a nice deal on it. They usually don't expect a single payer to pay the entire bill (prices are inflated so when insurance pays a fraction of it it is enough to cover all costs) and are willing to work with people.

when my bro didn't have insurance, they let him pay ~1/2 the bill over a 6 month period and called it even. Sucks you got screwed over.
    Nah I don't care. I have a 10k deductible (yeah, no that's not a typo you read right). Every time I deal with people they're like wow...I've never seen such a high deductible in my life.
    It's probably related to that, but I spoke to them several times and they told me point blank they weren't covering any of the ambulance costs. They covered a percentage of everything else (small percentage) but nothing of the ambulance. It was out of network too and they told me I could never get sick out of network again and they would never pay out of network again...so that's cool...

Next time something happens medically I will be sweet talking. Ain't nobody got money for hospitals. They're just annoying people to deal with..

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    35/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    7d 11h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    You know whats bullshit? The fact an ambulence company charged me $1100 TWO TIMES because they took me like 3 miles two times. Ridiculous.

With that you all are capable of anything.

They charged me $600 one ride TO the hospital, but that was 7 miles. Turn out it wasn't asthma, but panic attack. (I didn't have my inhaler at the time) Stupid by stander decided to call 911,' what an asshole. Who would've thought good their good deed screw up my saving.

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

It only sucks for those who actually have some saving, but not quit enough. One surgery set your retirement saving plan back 3 years.
    Last edited by janikanicolepi; 10-22-2013 at 05:06 PM.
    My First Guide on [GM] Score Sending

My Second Guide on How to AoB (Array of Bytes) Habitarium

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,167 times
    Time Online
    558d 5h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by janikanicolepi View Post
    They charged me $600 one ride TO the hospital, but that was 7 miles. Turn out it wasn't asthma, but panic attack. (I didn't have my inhaler at the time) Stupid by stander decided to call 911,' what an asshole. Who would've thought good their good deed screw up my saving. [COLOR="Silver"]

I was once charged that much for a 1.5 mile ride, plus something like $1000 for an overnight stay. I wasn't even admitted to the actual hospital, just a sick bay because my school's health center thought I was too drunk and needed a babysitter. I actually could have used medical care because I was probably either drugged or having petit mal seizures, but all I got was an uncomfortable bed and a strong slap on the wrist for letting somebody make me a drink and having two glasses of wine with a neurological disorder.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    415 times
    Time Online
    30d 7h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Personally, I believe it should be an opt-out system rather than an opt-in
    Meaning that by default, everybody is eligible to become an organ donor after their death is confirmed, but this can be avoided by going out and opting out of it yourself.
    You're not 100% dead at time of harvest (the organs need to be alive).
    Religiously I'm ok with it being an opt-in system, but I understand your point of view in terms of societal betterment. I opted in. Don't think that should I come to an untimely demise to where the donation is a feasible option that I'll need my organs! Haha. Mine wouldn't go to people wait-listed, either, because of the smoking/drinking/badness in me.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    3h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Well, I do think it should be an opt-in.

Many reasons for people to not want to be a donor, e.g. religious, sentimental etc.