58 times
    Time Online
    21d 18h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m

Fall Anime Season

(you need an account to see links)
    ^ What's everyone watching this season?

I enjoy my slice of life type of shows so I had a blast last season. But this season's more for those who enjoy the sports genre.

So far, I only have 2 shows on lock but I checked out quite a few so I'll just give a few of my thoughts on them

Kill la Kill

Made by the team behind Teppen Gurren Lagann & Little Witch Academia.
    Basically, main girl transfers to this fascistic school in order to find out who killed her dad & finds herself having to go against the school president (who's like Hitler).
    This is my top show of this season. It's everything I wished for. It's violent, doesn't take itself too seriously, has crazy characters & is beautifully drawn.
    Just maybe leave your brain at the door when you watch Kill la Kill. You don't need it.

Why Kill la Kill is awesome:

Kyousougiga

Episode 0 made even less sense than Kill la Kill's Episode 1. It's crazy, flashy & damn fun.
    But more importantly, this may actually have a plot. You don't have to watch episode 0 if you don't want to confuse the shit out of yourself but it makes watching from Episode 1 a much more interesting experience.

Kyoukai no Kanata

Replacing Free!, we now have Kyoukai no Kanata~ It's about this half demon half human boy who is basically immortal & a megane girl who can manipulate her blood at will & conjure up weapons. It's sort of slice of life with a supernatural twist? (I was hoping it'd be the other way round but mehhh). I wasn't all that impressed after 2 episodes. But this IS one of the more interesting stuff of the season. At the very least, the fight scenes are glorious & character designs are great. We also have our typical KyoAni moe traits in our female lead which I kinda dig. KyoAni shows tend to start out a bit slow, so this should pick up soon enough!

Coppelion

Tbh, I'm watching this for the voice actresses but it's actually quite decent. 20 years after a nuclear power plant meltdown, 3 genetically engineered girls are sent (in their very very short skirts btw!) to the city's largest ghost town to seek out any potential survivors. Apparently, lifeform has actually evolved a bit in order to adapt to the radioactive environment of the town. They kinda spent episode 1 just walking around the town but I think this show has potential to be interesting!
    Edit: Episode 2 was boring too. Dropped!
    PS: The backgrounds are GORGEOUS though.

Outbreak Company
    One of the many fantasy based anime this season. I haven't checked out the other 2 but I had fun with this one.
    Basically, the government found a world in another dimension & tries to export it's otaku culture to this new world. It's a very otaku pandering show with a half elf maid, a lizard gardener & a loli queen... but it was also very fun.
    Show knows its premise is stupid & doesn't take itself too seriously. That's good enough for me!

Non Non Biyori
    I like slice of life so I automatically liked this show. It's just about 4 village girls living their daily lives. Nothing much happens. It's low tension & really calming. A great contrast to all the sports based/action-fantasy based shows this season. (& it looks quite good too!)

Discuss this anime season here!!

PS: I'll add more when I watch more stuff lol.
    \o/
    Last edited by Heartunderblade; 10-12-2013 at 06:20 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    19d 18h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    ^ On that chart? Hunter x Hunter, One Piece, Saint Seiya Omega, and Yugioh Zexal. Looking into watching Toriko and Magi too though.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    48/0
    Mentioned
    58 times
    Time Online
    21d 18h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I didn't mention the carryovers/those that already have more than 1 season. Or not I would totally stick Hunter x Hunter & Monogatari series 2 somewhere up there.
    I kinda dropped OP anime. The quality really dipped by too much. Still keeping up with the manga though!

&& Magi manga >>>>> anime though.

Idk if I should read Toriko. It looks too manly for me.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    19d 18h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I don't like watching anime under 50 episodes, I grow too attached to the characters and I don't want it ending so fast.

Toriko looks weird. But it's being compared with Naruto, DBZ and OP so it has to be good.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    48/0
    Mentioned
    58 times
    Time Online
    21d 18h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Saru View Post
    I don't like watching anime under 50 episodes, I grow too attached to the characters and I don't want it ending so fast.

Toriko looks weird. But it's being compared with Naruto, DBZ and OP so it has to be good.
    I've heard about Toriko so much. Along with Berserk. But bulky guys scare me too much. Tell me if it's OP/DBZ level of good.
    Short anime is good because you get a complete story without having to slog through 200hrs lol. And sometimes for long anime, I feel like the mangakas are dragging things out because of the $$ it's making.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    19d 18h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Imagine if Hunter x Hunter was only 24 episodes. Ending at the hunter exam arc. Wouldn't that suck?

I won't get around to watching that for a while though, I'm currently on a Gintama marathon and Pokemon X and Y is just 2 days away.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    48/0
    Mentioned
    58 times
    Time Online
    21d 18h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Saru View Post
    Imagine if Hunter x Hunter was only 24 episodes. Ending at the hunter exam arc. Wouldn't that suck?

I won't get around to watching that for a while though, I'm currently on a Gintama marathon and Pokemon X and Y is just 2 days away.
    That's because Hunter x Hunter actually has a good story
    I'm talking about... actually nvm. Don't wanna be offending anyone.

& yep, Pokemon! I'm getting mine on the 12th too!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 6h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I think I'll give Diabolik Lovers a shot but I'm rather skeptical because I've heard there is a lot of BDSM and it's based off of an otome game? (Never been a big fan of otome games in general.)

Will probably give KnK a shot too.

Definitely looking forward to KnB season 2 and One Piece though. (Mostly for the GoM characters - Kagami pisses me off as a MC so bad.)

By the way what versions of Pokemon X/Y are you getting? I don't know yet so I might end up getting both. Also, just a heads up, there's supposed to be a torchic giveaway.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    48/0
    Mentioned
    58 times
    Time Online
    21d 18h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by global superstar View Post
    I think I'll give Diabolik Lovers a shot but I'm rather skeptical because I've heard there is a lot of BDSM and it's based off of an otome game? (Never been a big fan of otome games in general.)

Will probably give KnK a shot too.

Definitely looking forward to KnB season 2 and One Piece though. (Mostly for the GoM characters - Kagami pisses me off as a MC so bad.)

By the way what versions of Pokemon X/Y are you getting? I don't know yet so I might end up getting both. Also, just a heads up, there's supposed to be a torchic giveaway.
    I checked out Diabolik Lovers actually. There IS a lot of BDSM. xD It's sort of very entertaining in it's own way but it can be quite offensive if you're a feminist?
    & definitely checking out KnB! (But when it finishes airing). I'm at around the late 500s for OP. I'll pick it back up someday when the arc wraps up in the manga.
    ^ I prefer marathoning these 2 shows for some reason.

I'm getting Y! /super excited.
    We should all exchange friend codes or something

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 6h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartunderblade View Post
    I checked out Diabolik Lovers actually. There IS a lot of BDSM. xD It's sort of very entertaining in it's own way but it can be quite offensive if you're a feminist?
    & definitely checking out KnB! (But when it finishes airing). I'm at around the late 500s for OP. I'll pick it back up someday when the arc wraps up in the manga.
    ^ I prefer marathoning these 2 shows for some reason.

I'm getting Y! /super excited.
    We should all exchange friend codes or something
    I think what intrigues me about DL is the art style. :/ I've always been a fan of gothic/dark type designs.

Yeah, I like marathoning shows too. I just started One Piece recently and caught up on the manga so I think I'm going to try the anime now.

And I'll exchange friend codes with you once I get the game. Did you pre order it? I'm hoping there's going to be some in stock at my store but I think the chances will be good considering I live in a small town hahaha.