58 times
    Time Online
    21d 18h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m

Fall Anime Season

(you need an account to see links)
    ^ What's everyone watching this season?

I enjoy my slice of life type of shows so I had a blast last season. But this season's more for those who enjoy the sports genre.

So far, I only have 2 shows on lock but I checked out quite a few so I'll just give a few of my thoughts on them

Kill la Kill

Made by the team behind Teppen Gurren Lagann & Little Witch Academia.
    Basically, main girl transfers to this fascistic school in order to find out who killed her dad & finds herself having to go against the school president (who's like Hitler).
    This is my top show of this season. It's everything I wished for. It's violent, doesn't take itself too seriously, has crazy characters & is beautifully drawn.
    Just maybe leave your brain at the door when you watch Kill la Kill. You don't need it.

Why Kill la Kill is awesome:

Kyousougiga

Episode 0 made even less sense than Kill la Kill's Episode 1. It's crazy, flashy & damn fun.
    But more importantly, this may actually have a plot. You don't have to watch episode 0 if you don't want to confuse the shit out of yourself but it makes watching from Episode 1 a much more interesting experience.

Kyoukai no Kanata

Replacing Free!, we now have Kyoukai no Kanata~ It's about this half demon half human boy who is basically immortal & a megane girl who can manipulate her blood at will & conjure up weapons. It's sort of slice of life with a supernatural twist? (I was hoping it'd be the other way round but mehhh). I wasn't all that impressed after 2 episodes. But this IS one of the more interesting stuff of the season. At the very least, the fight scenes are glorious & character designs are great. We also have our typical KyoAni moe traits in our female lead which I kinda dig. KyoAni shows tend to start out a bit slow, so this should pick up soon enough!

Coppelion

Tbh, I'm watching this for the voice actresses but it's actually quite decent. 20 years after a nuclear power plant meltdown, 3 genetically engineered girls are sent (in their very very short skirts btw!) to the city's largest ghost town to seek out any potential survivors. Apparently, lifeform has actually evolved a bit in order to adapt to the radioactive environment of the town. They kinda spent episode 1 just walking around the town but I think this show has potential to be interesting!
    Edit: Episode 2 was boring too. Dropped!
    PS: The backgrounds are GORGEOUS though.

Outbreak Company
    One of the many fantasy based anime this season. I haven't checked out the other 2 but I had fun with this one.
    Basically, the government found a world in another dimension & tries to export it's otaku culture to this new world. It's a very otaku pandering show with a half elf maid, a lizard gardener & a loli queen... but it was also very fun.
    Show knows its premise is stupid & doesn't take itself too seriously. That's good enough for me!

Non Non Biyori
    I like slice of life so I automatically liked this show. It's just about 4 village girls living their daily lives. Nothing much happens. It's low tension & really calming. A great contrast to all the sports based/action-fantasy based shows this season. (& it looks quite good too!)

Discuss this anime season here!!

PS: I'll add more when I watch more stuff lol.
    \o/
    Last edited by Heartunderblade; 10-12-2013 at 06:20 AM.