50/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    104d 6h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m

Any tips to changing my IP?

So I'm ip banned from neo now on my home ip after getting frozen a crap load of times, and today got on a few shells to cause some havoc in the TC . But now I'm kinda screwed since I hate proxies with a passion and I don't know how to change my ip so I can start under a new name... I have a dynamic ip address so I restarted my modem and left it off for an hour, which I heard apparently changes it, but it didn't... The only other way I can think of is doing a full on factory reset but the last time I did that... Let's just say I couldn't figure out how to put all the setting back, went without internet for a week, and had to pay a few hundred bucks for some service guy to fix it so don't really wanna go through that again . Any other ways I can change it? Or do I just have to use proxies from now on?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    125 times
    Time Online
    21d 23h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    You could set up a VPN connection and connect to it before you get on.
    (you need an account to see links)!

It works well with disguising my IP address and doesn't slow down my internet at all.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    178/0
    Mentioned
    744 times
    Time Online
    335d 1h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 3m
    HotspotShield sounds nice for you...
    Or... You can call your ISP to tell them to renew your IP address...

(you need an account to see links)

"Date et dabitur vobis"
    「Let's fight 恐れはない」

"A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of f��ks I do not give"

「君が望むモノは何?」

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtoneopet1 View Post
    So I'm ip banned from neo now on my home ip after getting frozen a crap load of times, and today got on a few shells to cause some havoc in the TC . But now I'm kinda screwed since I hate proxies with a passion and I don't know how to change my ip so I can start under a new name... I have a dynamic ip address so I restarted my modem and left it off for an hour, which I heard apparently changes it, but it didn't... The only other way I can think of is doing a full on factory reset but the last time I did that... Let's just say I couldn't figure out how to put all the setting back, went without internet for a week, and had to pay a few hundred bucks for some service guy to fix it so don't really wanna go through that again . Any other ways I can change it? Or do I just have to use proxies from now on?
    call your internet provider.
    i'm ip banned as well.
    hvent bothered to change ip though.
    i just used elite proxies. so i could keep up with my accts when i was acct building. and i got bored of that so i'm onto diff things using VPN's and other things

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    35/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    7d 11h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I have dynamic ip, and never been ban, but i have couple methods that you can try to get a new ip. go cmd and do /ip release (ipconfig /release). You can also press the reset button at the back of your modem which should also help reset your ip. Another method is leave your modem unplug for a couple hours, leave it over night and u should have a brand new ip by morning. Another method to force a new ip that i guarantee will work is go to your router setting and change the MAC address (i usually change the last 2 digit). Once you do that, you will lose connection cause router / modem can't communicate with each other. Now unplug your router and modem, power cycle, wait 2-5 minutes, then plug it back in, you should have a new ip. I hope one of the method i mention work, if not try everything i listed below.

Try Hotspot shield, there is a free version and there are also cracked premium version. Cracked preminum can be found through Torrent site.

Have you try Tor Browser? It's a firefox browser based proxy that provides new identity every time you open TOR.

Hideman is also another one, there is a free version for a certain amount of hours, and it refill once a week. hideman also have a pay version.

Okayfreedom is another proxy, the free version is counted by the amount of data you use, the more you use, the faster it runs out. It does not refill. I believe they gives the free user couple gigabytes. They also have a pay version.

Hidemyass is pretty popular, both free and pay is available.

Foxyproxy is also popular too, free, simple add-on for firefox

Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    8d 17h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    ;look on youtube for vid tut

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    There's many vpn out there. I usually use Hotspot shield, Hola vpn, and Vypervpn.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    15d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Well other than the above proxies everyone listed as it was mentioned before call your ISP first. I mean if you have a dynamic IP it should change right away after u nplug your modem and replug after 5 mins. I do it all the time when I get banned in games other than neo.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    56/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    37d 16h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I see a lot of people have already given suggestions, but from my own experience; If you have a static IP like I used to have, you either have to call your ISP or try to unplug your modem from everything and leave it all unplugged for 24+ hours. I've had my own static IP reset from keeping it unplugged over night + an 8hr work shift.

Truly though, just give your ISP a call. It shouldn't take more than 5 minutes.

Or invest in a VPN. I use HideIPVPN and it's great. I have about 10 personal VPNs/country, and I think there's 3-5 countries. (p.s. in the Netherlands, file sharing is legal. Therefore, just put your vpn's location to the netherlands and download whatever you want without raising suspicion)

EDIT: Didn't realize how old this thread was, I think there's some good info on this page that newer users can come back to though