22/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    5d 15h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

[In depth Guide] How to be TRULY anonymous on the internet

Ok folks, you're going to have to bear with me on this one. A very sizable in depth guide to true computer anonymity. I mean you will be a fucking ghost on the internet.
    This guide allows you to push ALL traffic through tor anatomizing routing proxy, so even things that you don't specify in settings will be pushed through, I mean WHOLE SYSTEM anonymization, even things that don't normally allow to be set to a proxy.

*Also, a setup like this is quite powerful and can be used in many different ways, I am not condoning and endorsing anyone to go out and do illegal activities. I am not liable for any nefarious shit you do with this information.

Now before we really get into it, there are two paths of though when it comes to security and anonymity on the internet. Those would be security hardening and amnesiac.

Amnesiac
    Involves loading only into virtual ram via live cd or usb and wipes ram thoroughly on shut down, writing nothing to the hard drive so there

Hardening
    Focuses on securely protecting against threats that break or bypass known anonymity methods.
    Security hardening is my preferred method, although they have been able to put a persistence drive into a live usb distro. If this is something you would be more interested in, I suggest you check out Tails (you need an account to see links)

Finally time to get started, we will of course need a few things.

Oracle Virtualbox
    (you need an account to see links)
    Virtualbox allows you to run virtual computer desktops emulating another computer. Perhaps you've seen my guide on getting clraik programs to run on mac (or linux for that matter) using this method. Regardless a very powerful application.

Whonix gateway .ova
    (you need an account to see links) (make sure you get the gateway and not the workstation)
    Whonix works by pushing everything through the tor (the onion router) network. If you are not hip to tor, you need to be, it's the bees knees. It allows for true stream isolation giving every application it's own socks port, so even malicious scripts and malware cannot tunnel information from other applications and unmask you.

Kali linux distro
    (you need an account to see links) (get the full size image not the mini. I know it's a 3gb OS, but you will thank me later)
    Kali linux is a penetration testing distro of linux, alot of tools all packed into a nice debian based kernel. We will be using kali linux because if you are reading this guide, and really going this far to protect your identity, lets face it, you're probably doing some sketchy shit and when you get down to brass tacks, kali has the biggest community and is the most up to date distro for pen testing. (Alternatively you can do this with any OS, if you MUST go with Windows, I suggest 8.1 enterprise with console2 so you can still run the linux commands.)

So, you have Virtual box installed where do we go from here?

1 Click file on Oracle Virtualbox and chose Import Appliance

2 Choose the whonix gateway .ova file from the destination that you downloaded it to and click next.
    3 Import your gateway and let it do it's thing.

4 Start your whonix gateway let it bootstrap and auto-update.
    5 Click New

6 Enter the desired name, change Type to Linux, and Version to Debian (Debian 64 if using the 64bit iso)

7 Choose the amount of RAM, make it at least 1512 Mb

8 Click create, select VDI, click next, and next again
    9 Change the drive size to 25 Gb and click create

10 Select system and turn on Hardware clock in UTC time.

11 Open the processor tap (still under System) and enable PAE/NX

12 Select network

13 Change NAT to Internal network (very important step)

14 Select Whonix and click OK

15 Select Storage

16 Click Empty then the Dvd symbol and select your Kali iso that you downloaded earlier

17 Now it's time to start your Kali Linux install!

18 Take a break! It's been a while getting this far, but we are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
    19 Graphical install

20 Select your language
    21 Select a location (best not to chose your own, sometimes timing protocal can reveal your region, not your ip just your timezone)
    22 Select your keymap and proceed
    23 Auto config failed WTF?!@ (not to worry just configure the network manually)

24 Proceed to configure manually

25 The IP address is 192.168.0.20 at port 24

26 Gateway IP is 192.168.0.10

27 Name server can also be 192.168.0.10
    28 Choose your hostname
    29 Domain name can be left empty
    30 Select your root password
    31 Select your timezone (again, chose one that is not yours)
    32 Time to make your partitions. I would do guided all files in one partition unless of course you feel you need to setup some hardcore encryption. I won't get into that, I could write an even bigger guide on that.

33 This might take a minute...

34 Network mirror? Yes, click continue
    35 Http proxy, continue
    36 Install Grub bootloader, continue
    37 Installation complete!! System will reboot and you are ready to rock and roll

*Final notes
    You need to have your gateway running at all times when you are on your kali box
    You can still setup your vpn on this setup, your vpn will be your first hop so it will look like you > vpn > tor
    You can also setup proxy chains as well (I recommend it) to have this setup you > vpn >dynamic proxy chain > tor
    tor will change your ip every couple of minutes, so if you're not using cookies, when your ip changes you will have to re authenticate your login
    If you have a problem with that... well I suppose you could setup privoxy or polipo to run through a different proxy so your last hop IP would stay the same
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by raithi; 06-12-2015 at 07:52 PM.

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to raithi For This Useful Post:

|2eap (06-12-2015),Accelerator (06-12-2015),Bettser (06-12-2015),Daviid (12-09-2015),DJ Music Man (12-06-2015),fairydust201 (06-13-2015),Guy (06-13-2015),Heironymus (04-11-2016),I_royalty_I (06-12-2015),Infiniti (11-30-2015),j03 (06-12-2015),learningtoneopet1 (06-13-2015),Mechabolt (10-23-2015),Mindfang (06-12-2015),♥ Munna ♥ (08-14-2015),Neal Caffrey (06-12-2015),Savant (06-12-2015),snarrkie (06-28-2015)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 5h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Great contribution here! The only thing I can mention is the pictures are a bit small. If I were you I would host them on some image site and post the pics via image tag

[ img ] url [ / img ] <-- no spaces
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    5d 15h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    yeah, Ill edit that up, didn't realize it would shrink them down so much.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    5d 15h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Ok, there we go, all edited up with images you can see. And conveniently bumped

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

It is also worth mentioning that there are some scary fucking places on the internet... and they all end in .tor
    Access to the tor network also means that you can access tor services that are hidden to the rest of the world. A.K.A deep web. this is where the silk road resides (the real deal internet black maraket... you can buy fucking people on there) the real omerta carders, and all the scary shit that you can imagine. If you are accessing tor services you have been warned!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Quote Originally Posted by raithi View Post
    Ok, there we go, all edited up with images you can see. And conveniently bumped

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

It is also worth mentioning that there are some scary fucking places on the internet... and they all end in .tor
    Access to the tor network also means that you can access tor services that are hidden to the rest of the world. A.K.A deep web. this is where the silk road resides (the real deal internet black maraket... you can buy fucking people on there) the real omerta carders, and all the scary shit that you can imagine. If you are accessing tor services you have been warned!
    yea lol, not anymore though, they finally sentenced the guy in charge. I dont trust it anymore since hes gone. Dread dead pirate or w/e his alias was.

Great guide though man! You should post a guide about Getting and setting up a Private VM to host your bots you wanna run 24/7. (I could use a guide like that)

Good stuff, repping cuz u seem to know ur shit. Thanks!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    5d 15h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    You mean host remotely and just port in? That's not a bad idea, I have an old dl385 blade server that I could setup and rent out to subscribers on a monthly basis or something as a service...

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Quote Originally Posted by raithi View Post
    You mean host remotely and just port in? That's not a bad idea, I have an old dl385 blade server that I could setup and rent out to subscribers on a monthly basis or something as a service...
    That, or how to diy

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    5d 15h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    There's a guide posted by me, and another updated with pictures and a bit easier to read by accelerator, on a simple version of this setting up with windows xp that should suite just that purpose.

** Under the neopets guides section
    Last edited by raithi; 06-12-2015 at 09:45 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    178/0
    Mentioned
    744 times
    Time Online
    335d 1h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 3m
    Grats on this guide!
    Would +rep. you again, but I need to spread it ( ͡� ͜ʖ ͡�) (?)

"Date et dabitur vobis"
    「Let's fight 恐れはない」

"A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of f��ks I do not give"

「君が望むモノは何?」

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Wow thanks!